11-20-2010, 06:42 PM #1

A dock problem or a radio problem?

Hi everyone,
    So glad to find this forum. Hope someone can give me some help or guidance in this matter. Recently my 3 year-old Sportster 5 radio started showing the "antenna not detected" or else the "acquiring signal" message. I would then jiggle it around gently on the dock, and it would be OK for a few minutes until I went around a curve or else was going over a bumpy road. (I had checked to see if the radio was down all the way on the dock, and it was.)
    I thought it might be an antenna problem so replaced the antenna and the problem remained. I ordered another dock, but it turned out to be the wrong one, so never have gotten to find out if it was the dock or not.
    Now I am noticing that I have the same problem when I bring the radio in and play it in the dock in the house.
    Am I safe to assume it's the radio or could both docks be going bad?? Seems like the radio would have lasted more than 3 yrs.!
    It seems like pushing the radio back against the docks is what corrects the problem, but it's only a temporary fix.
    Thanks in advance.

Raven

Enthusiast
    11-22-2010, 10:37 AM #2
    I would say 3 yrs is the norm with the way most of them are being made in CHINA , I would get an XM-radio as most all of the Sirius-line of radios are being fazed-out and not being sold are made anymore

12-09-2010, 10:49 AM #3

A dock problem or a radio problem?

Thanks for your reply. I did get a new radio (receiver), and everything's fine!