Guru
    11-19-2010, 09:38 AM #1

Solar Panel Makers Face Supply-Glut ‘Armageddon’: Chart of Day

uh-oh. It appears the "bubble" may burst?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...rt-of-day.html

Legend
    11-19-2010, 09:43 AM #2
    I have read several articles about this. The only positive is that prices are about to drop which will hopefully drive demand up again in the future. As i have been saying for a long time, China
    has been working dilligently to take over the solar business in the world and it was only a matter of time before they would squeeze American panel makers and drive prices down.
    Over the long term the trajectory should be up. If the Republicans (yeah
    those backward Republicans again) dont stop our govt from working hand in hand with small business to stimulate this industry one can still expect a growing and vibrant industry into the future.Of course if we had gotten going in this industry 10 years (as people like me wanted) earlier, America would have been in a much better position today in the solar industry

I quess since you are all for free enterprise and the efficiency of market forces this should all work itself out.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 11-19-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Guru
    11-19-2010, 10:45 AM #3
    It's going to work itself out alright!!

I think your comments on China are a little off base. They have "diligently worked" to take over manufacturing in the world. Yes, solar included. Even if American solar companies were on the leading edge, they'd still likely make the products in China.

Decreasing prices are not always a good thing. The idea is to turn a profit. I think we're likely to see some solar companies go belly up.

It will be interesting to see this unfold.