11-15-2010, 08:02 PM #1

Can a Sirius subscription be added to an XM factory installed radio

I have a car (2007 Honda Accord) that came with a trial XM subscription. I previously had a lifetime Sirius subscription already. So is it possible to move/transfer my Sirius subscription and have it be compatible with the factory radio where everything is integrated into the factory radio (ie, steering wheel controls Sirius, the display shows the station/songs, etc)? I'm assuming that it can be done, but not sure how to go about doing it. Any ideas/suggestions?

Head Honcho
    11-15-2010, 09:01 PM #2
    You can't just put a Sirius sub on an XM unit but, you can probably change the XM brain to a new Sirius brain. I am sure the guys at TSS will stop by this thread soon enough to answer your question fully... or you can stop by tss-radio.com and they will tell you exactly what you need.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-16-2010, 08:35 PM #3

Similar question ...

I have a self-installed Sirius unit in my old car. More than a year ago, my father (since deceased) purchased a Chevrolet Impala with a factory-installed XM radio, with the intention of leaving the car to me as a bequest. Shortly after he purchased that car, I purchased a lifetime subscription package from Sirius with the understanding that (since the company is called Sirius XM) the service would be transferrable to any replacement receiver, XM or Sirius or any hybrid thereof.

Today, after a long probate, my father's car was titled to me and I contacted both Sirius and XM. The customer service departments at both XM and Sirius claim the lifetime subscription is non-transferable in this case. My understanding was that I was purchasing the lifetime right to receive satellite-broadcast radio programming, but they speak as if I purchased the lifetime right to use specific hardware to receive satellite-broadcast radio programming. Didn't I pay for the hardware separately from (and prior to) purchase of the subscription?!

I just want Sirius XM to transfer my account info from their left hand (Sirius) to their right hand (XM)--including credit for having purchased a lifetime subscription. I don't want to have to install the old Sirius unit in a new car which already has built-in XM, nor do I want to have to pay another penny for broadcast programming.

Help!

Head Honcho
    11-16-2010, 10:49 PM #4
    Sirius XM may have merged but, their billing, service, and hardware have not. You cant switch a lifetime sub from Sirius to XM but, in most cases you can switch a Sirius radio to an XM radio.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder