Page 1 of 3 123
    11-13-2010, 04:35 PM #1

To All Members

For some time there have been posts by me, Havakasha and SiriuslyLong in the Politics and General Chat forums. Occasionally, it has resembled a cage at the zoo containing meat-eating carnivores thrown their first meal in weeks; at other times English High-Tea. Mostly, speaking for myself, it has been an effort to expose readers to a wide variety of views with a centrist to liberal viewpoint.

I have frequently found that financial sites have many members with an exaggerated conservative bent owing to the fact investors are mostly strongly in favor of the capitalist system and see liberals as a danger to their income. Some prefer no controls on it at all. This is to be expected. As an investor myself I am happy to utilize the financial arena but am not afraid of reasonable controls. One need only look to the recent financial debacle (and others) to see the reasons for restraint. Proper and reasonable controls can increase profit by limiting risk.

When reviewing the number of readers to various threads I am struck by how many there are for some over time. That implies interest which is gratifying but does not explain reactions. Obviously, there would be a variety from critical to supportive of one or the other points of view.

I am interested in what they might be because, frankly, the group of three is quite limiting.

Please consider this an invitation (I have no official participation in this site other than as a member). I would enjoy hearing additional points of view. I might even consider requests on various topics. If you choose to not participate please continue to read. (leave your card when you stop by.)

If you do respond, please be gentle. I’m supposed to be weak – I’m a liberal.
    Last edited by Atypical; 11-13-2010 at 04:47 PM.

11-13-2010, 07:31 PM #2
    chirp...chrip...rivit, rivit......................chirp.
    Last edited by Atypical; 11-13-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Guru
    11-14-2010, 01:20 PM #3
    Well done Atypical. I agree and support your invitation. Good observation on the amount of views, and lack of participation.

11-14-2010, 03:50 PM #4
    We're still waiting...waiting...waiting.

No drive bys, please. Stop, stay, eat, drink, be merry. Okay, I lied about the food.

Do we (I) have to offer a prize? How about Julietoo and her mother coming by to clean for you? No, forget I said that. She doesn't like me to volunteer her "services".

Let's try this...I'm thinking...How about a personal call from Mel on your birthday. There must be someone here who knows him.

I'll continue to work on this. In the meantime, make it worthwhile.

SAY SOMETHING DAMMIT!
    Last edited by Atypical; 11-14-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Guru
    11-14-2010, 06:52 PM #5
    I think you are right. Lot's of drive by's that don't want to get involved. Maybe that's a message to us lol.

Legend
    11-15-2010, 01:14 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    We're still waiting...waiting...waiting.

No drive bys, please. Stop, stay, eat, drink, be merry. Okay, I lied about the food.

Do we (I) have to offer a prize? How about Julietoo and her mother coming by to clean for you? No, forget I said that. She doesn't like me to volunteer her "services".

Let's try this...I'm thinking...How about a personal call from Mel on your birthday. There must be someone here who knows him.

I'll continue to work on this. In the meantime, make it worthwhile.

SAY SOMETHING DAMMIT!
    Good attempt Atypical, but unfortunately its been this way for a VERY long time.

Guru
    11-15-2010, 10:42 AM #7
    Either of you up for a spot of tea?

11-15-2010, 12:59 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Either of you up for a spot of tea?
    I might be interested if I wasn't concerned with what you might put into it.

Guru
    11-15-2010, 03:11 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    I might be interested if I wasn't concerned with what you might put into it.
    Now, now... only sugar and cream.

Legend
    11-15-2010, 03:17 PM #10
    You see Atypical, he wants you fat and diabetic.

Page 1 of 3 123