Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Breaking News on the Bipartisan National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Refo
The proposed recommendations are in. Formal report to be issued in early Dec. 14/18 Commissioners need to approve.
I'm going from memory here
- reduce corporate tax base rate
- eliminate mortgage interest tax deduction (end all deductions and decrease base tax rates)
- cut Pentagon spending
- eliminate earmarks
- cut spending / farm subsidies / entitlements
- reduce foreign aid
- freeze federal salaries for 3 yrs
- something to do with medical
- raise the age for SS to 68 (I'll be dead by then!!) Rich folks would pay a little more.
It looks like everything is on the table. Havakasha - it looks like "austerity" is forthcoming.
Here's a link. I was hoping for something more comprehensive.
Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 11-10-2010 at 02:46 PM.