Page 1 of 3 123
    11-01-2010, 07:21 AM #1

Sirius stock november 2010

Good morning all,

What a great way to end the month of October!
    Sirius stock at $1.50.

November will be an interesting month. Thurs
    Nov 4th, conference call. The big question is, will
    he or will he not sign, and the reaction from the
    street. Spencer will be hosting 2 special radio
    shows, look to the news page for specifics.

Enjoy the month.

Julie

Mentor
    11-01-2010, 09:56 AM #2
    I'm actually excited about this, we finally have a minor low above $1, and now broke the monthly downtrend

Mentor
    11-01-2010, 10:01 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning all,

What a great way to end the month of October!
    Sirius stock at $1.50.

November will be an interesting month. Thurs
    Nov 4th, conference call. The big question is, will
    he or will he not sign, and the reaction from the
    street. Spencer will be hosting 2 special radio
    shows, look to the news page for specifics.

Enjoy the month.

Julie
    Julie -
    tried to quote you... but chart wouldn't show.
    While there isn't a lot of volume yet, us breaking the downtrend, and also posting a minor low above $1... the dip to $1.25 brings us out of penny stock land... well, if you consider anything below $1 a penny stock, some consider under $5.

I actually own some siri stock at the moment!

Guru
    11-01-2010, 07:50 PM #4
    NEW YORK (Market Intellisearch) -- Unusual volume of put contracts was traded today. There were 12,837 puts contracts versus the ten day average volume of 4,095. On the calls side, 40,767 calls contracts were traded. Today's traded Put/Call ratio is 0.31. There were 3.18 calls traded for each put contract.

Summary of all Unusual Trading Activities

The following alerts were raised:
    - Unusual Put Volume
    - Low Put/Call Ratio
    - 3 Month Record High Put Volume

Options are useful tools for predicting the movement of the underlying stock. Put/Call ratio statistics serve as a useful predictor of investment sentiment, indicating what experienced investors are doing in preparation for a move of an underlying stock. Thus, unusual volume provides reliable clues that the stock is expected to make a move.

SIRIUS XM Radio closed at $1.50 in the last trading session and opened today at $1.54. The stock price rose $0.04 (+2.67%) to $1.54 in today's trading session. SIRI is trading between the range of $1.51 - $1.58. Volume is 90,844,520 in relation to the three month average volume of 69,963,904 shares. The technical momentum Relative Strength Index indicator shows overbought conditions. SIRI is trading above the 50 day moving average and higher than the 200 day moving average. The stock's 52 week low is $0.56 and 52 week high is $1.50.

Price Performance Metrics for SIRIUS XM Radio:--
    Week: 22.86%--
    Month: 29.00%--
    Quarter: 30.30%--
    6 Month: 134.55%--
    Year: 115.00%

I don't buy or trade options, but this is different than past releases. Much different. Puts are through the roof, but calls are keeping up. For the traders in the group, you may want to take your profit. For we longs, this is going to be fun to watch.
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 11-01-2010 at 08:40 PM.

11-01-2010, 08:32 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Julie -
    tried to quote you... but chart wouldn't show.
    While there isn't a lot of volume yet, us breaking the downtrend, and also posting a minor low above $1... the dip to $1.25 brings us out of penny stock land... well, if you consider anything below $1 a penny stock, some consider under $5.

I actually own some siri stock at the moment!
    You beat me on posting the chart Dave. I had one ready to go,
    very similar to yours.
    Good for you Dave, great time to be owning this stock!

Julie

Guru
    11-03-2010, 10:00 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning all

Leaving on a jet plane tomorrow for Baltimore. I've turned into
    quite the jet setter.
    From past experience whenever I have left on vacation, Sirius
    stock price has jumped. Coincidentally, the CC is tomorrow morning.
    So expect good news.
    You can all thank me when I return.

Have a wonderful week!

Julie
    Yum, go get yourself some fresh crab! There are dozens of places to go.

Guru
    11-03-2010, 11:44 AM #7
    Stern spoke a little bit today about his contract. Didn't rant too much, but did say that he definitely has an idea of what he is worth, and worth to this company. He seems to be deferring to his agent, but maybe that's just a way to get out of the conversation.

I'm sure you've seen Wunderlich's price upgrade from $1.50 to $1.75 while maintaining their "buy" rating.

http://satelliteradioplayground.com/...arget-to-1-75/

What is interesting is his comments on Stern.

"Commenting on Howard Stern, who’s five year contract comes up for renewal at the end of this year, Harrigan stated that the “Hamlet act could extend toward January 1st.” He sees a potential extended face off as “a form of free marketing for both Stern and Sirius.” While viewing Stern as important to Sirius XM, providing an edge for the brand similar to what NFL Sunday Ticket does for DirecTV (NASDAQTV), he also noted that his “Sternonomics analysis” results in him being neutral between “a new $100mm annual five-year contract and losing one million subs.”"

The CC drop appears to be a day early. Down 4 to 5 cents all day so far. I hope we find some sirius resistance at this level.

11-04-2010, 06:08 PM #8
    Where is the dead money crew...thought I would stop by to kick someone in the ass for not selling at 1.6. LOL. I must say I took a monster beating today. Just when you think you can not be beaten anymore the bull comes back and gives you a going away wedgie. My banking short is approaching a 52wk low and my china short is blowing through its 52 wk low. LMFAO...as I cry. This market is crazy. I have absolutely no advise and have no idea where anything is going, fosho.

I did want to say congrats to all the people who did not sell their 12 bagger and held it up to a 16 bagger. Good work. I missed the 13,14,15 baggers because of my sell earlier in the year. I would have missed it either way..once siri went dead money I was out. I would not have waited six months for that move but if you did wait you were rewarded. So what is the scoop now....down .10c...a swing from 1.43-1.61? WTF? I would have had my face ripped off today because I would have sold on the last pop and would have been buying with both hands going into today......If I would have made a buy at 1.5ish and that pig beat me again...I would have gone bridge jumping today...crazy market..can someone please explain what is going on? Stern affect?
    I have some good info on the local housing markets and mortgage foreclosures in general...if anyone cares. A good buddy has some scary info coming from the higher ups at Poulte homes....they bought Centex. Just ask if your interested.

Sincerely,
    Big Ben

Guru
    11-04-2010, 06:26 PM #9
    Big Ben is in the house! Nice to hear from you.

I hope you've read the "sell your long position" thread. If not, here's one for you,

"Here's a bet. SIRI is sure to retrace at some point. The bet is that Big Ben will show up asking if those of us that are long sold and took profit (and calling us morons if we didn't). Then he will go to some schpeal about dead money and taking profit. Buy and hold is dead!

Any takers? Big Ben is back in the line up. You'd think he'd show up to celebrate."

I'm down 30% on SPXU. Why am I still holding? With QE2, isn't the writing on the wall? How high will the Dow go? I'm just a fluxummened as you are.

I took up some positions on commodity ETF's (metals and mixed bag) and made a bet against the dollar on currency ETF. So far so good.

Other than that, I'm still holding SIRI who got two target price increases this week.
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 11-04-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Mentor
    11-04-2010, 06:36 PM #10
    Little Ben...just teasing

Always like reading what you have to say...but first...just for your information...I sold some SiriusXM and purchased some property in Colorado...so yes...some of us diehards do sell...sometimes!

let us in on your housing/QE2 info...if your friend works for Pulte...tell him they build pieces of shit...not a F'in straight wall in my house!

Hope your Steelers have a good year...my Cowboys suck...the Texas Longhorns suck...my weekends are free!!!!!

JS

Page 1 of 3 123