Page 2 of 2 12
    06-23-2008, 01:25 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLantz View Post
    And the DOJ took about a month on theirs and 395 days for XM-sirius
    Nevertheless, this waiting is bullshit. How hard is it to say yea or nay
    after 1 1/2 years of review.
    But but but... They have to listen to every scam artist & bullshit artist out there first! I mean, they have rights to you know.

I share the frustration, I have a sizable position in SIRI (considering I'm just 21).

Even though I'm down, I was going to buy a car with the money I've put in SIRI, which loses value with absolutely no potential to go back up.

So, I'm still ahead, I just wish this nightmare would end and all of the freeloaders, scam artists, bullshit artists can go screw themselves.

06-23-2008, 02:46 PM #12

Cool

I'm with all of you, I'm 60 and I've never seen this much bullshit even regarding this merger, I even purchased more. Payday isn't very far off anymore, whether its yea or nay we'll still make out. As of now with 80,000 shares total of Siri and 3000 of XMSR.

I also agree with one of the replies here that said Martin should be canned for his ridiculous display of management at the FCC.

06-23-2008, 03:29 PM #13
    I read an interesting theory somewhere a while back that Martin may be the guy looking out for us, and doesn't want to go ahead until he knows he has something locked down. It's hard to say. Sure he's the figure head and it's been delayed 450 days, but what if he doesn't want to move forward until he knows he has negotiated something that all parties can agree on (at least to get a majority vote)

Banned
    06-23-2008, 04:34 PM #14
    I give up on the merger. In my opinion there will be no real pop. For starters, the merger has taken so long that everyone, and I mean everyone who wants to own the stock, already does. I think it's the total lack of buyers now that have caused the drop. Any bad news and the shorts jump on it, with no opposition to the upside. The ARB players don't have to cover, because the converted shares do that for them. The merger will bring in more buyers finally, if approved but I think the effects will be short lived...

I'm one of the few I think who actually believe in the product and the long term growth prospects.

06-23-2008, 05:38 PM #15
    Of the thousands who jumped into the stock because they saw "satellite radio" and "merger" in the same headline over a year ago... how many do you think actually have stuck around? I mean I still see people talking about a pop, or asking how far it is going to go when approved, but I feel like the majority of this kind of holder got shaken out, especially with the Goldman downgrade. Someone with the mentality for chasing a short term "easy money" pop, is the same kind of person who would get spooked when they are 30% under water in a matter of a few days/weeks.

06-23-2008, 06:36 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by zcurzan View Post
    Someone with the mentality for chasing a short term "easy money" pop, is the same kind of person who would get spooked when they are 30% under water in a matter of a few days/weeks.
    Agreed. Personally with the current price of these stocks I'm not expecting much of a pop at all. However it's hard to rationalize that the price of the merged companies will stay <$3 for long IF they are currently working on hitting the pavement running right after the merger announcement.

IF they aggressively play the PR game, quickly announce they have secured financing without outrageous terms etc. we may see a slow but consistent increase into the holidays.

I'm a firm believer of Tyler's "perfect storm" theory, that's what's needed to get these things turned around. Frankly I think it's possible, I don't think these companies are just sitting around waiting for an approval to then come up with a post merger plan.

Other than this recent GS BS analysis there is nothing (short of someone inside the FCC leaking negative info about an unfavorable vote) that can justify this recent spanking. That whole "slowing economy" theory doesn't hold much water with me either because for every negative thing that might happen because of it, one could argue that positive things could also come out because of it.

So folks buck up, we might have a few more bad days ahead but with the measly concessions that these companies have agreed to, it's hard to rationalize that their post merger stock price is going to be less than it was before the merger was announced.

Banned
    06-23-2008, 08:33 PM #17
    It is apparently very hard to oppose the NAB, or this deal would be done. The NAB has Congress up the FCC's wazoo and they're scared...

06-23-2008, 09:09 PM #18
    The question is the radio lobby still powerful enough in this day and age to prevent the merger all together, or just to make a compelling delay in the process?

I think an outright bow to the whims of the NAB would cause too much bad publicity at this point. The merger has been in the news for over a year now, and if a denial was issued, the question raised would be, if it was such a clear denial what took this long to make a decision.

IMO its going to be passed, and if they wish to ruin the deal, it will be through the restrictions imposed, not through a denial.

Page 2 of 2 12