Page 1 of 2 12
    06-22-2008, 03:48 PM #1

Post Draft Circulated... Now what?

Can someone more familiar with the process help me out on this one? Ryan @ Orbitcast commented that the fact that it was in circulation meant that a decision could come in "as little as three weeks". Is there a mandatory three week period in which the commissioners must review the proposal before they vote? Or could they vote at any time?

And then once the first vote has been placed the remaining commissioners have ten days to provide their votes?

06-22-2008, 04:38 PM #3
    So the public will get no indication that votes have occurred (ie. some filing that Chairman Martin has submitted his recommendation June XX), only once the entire process has run its course and they announce the result of the vote?

06-22-2008, 07:25 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zcurzan View Post
    So the public will get no indication that votes have occurred (ie. some filing that Chairman Martin has submitted his recommendation June XX), only once the entire process has run its course and they announce the result of the vote?
    Very good questions, if anyone could explain this further it would be greatly appreciated.

While the above posted link is helpful it raises in me these same questions being asked by zcurzan.

TIA

Banned
    06-22-2008, 07:28 PM #5
    Typically, the commissioners aides will "leak" their vote to the press...

We need to hear Tate and McDowells votes...probably this week in my opinion...

06-23-2008, 09:42 AM #6
    I know we just got official news on it being in circulation on Friday, but doesn't this seem agonizingly slow? I keep checking the news and blogs hoping for the next big thing.

Enthusiast
    06-23-2008, 01:06 PM #7

what it means for shareholders?

'Nothing' I might add, the target price has been dropped so much, I believe its a ploy to not allow any profit for shareholders on this merger. When the merger goes through, the price will spike back up to about only $3.30, which means for most people, you break even. Well the NAB and op'posers' of the merger may have lost the war, but won a few battles.
    At this point, I am totally happy with breaking even and breaking out of this hideous stock.
    -J

Enthusiast
    06-23-2008, 01:14 PM #8

still waiting....

one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, hell its all the same with me now, exxon-mobile merger was approved within a month, and how many days are we still counting on the XM-sirius, uhh.. 450+ days
    FCC Martin, whether he approves of this merger or not, should be fired for allowing this to drag out so ridiculously long.
    I want to start a new petition, for the FCC chiefs head to roll, he's a lazy bought out politician.
    -J

06-23-2008, 01:16 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLantz View Post
    one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, hell its all the same with me now, exxon-mobile merger was approved within a month, and how many days are we still counting on the XM-sirius, uhh.. 450+ days
    FCC Martin, whether he approves of this merger or not, should be fired for allowing this to drag out so ridiculously long.
    I want to start a new petition, for the FCC chiefs head to roll, he's a lazy bought out politician.
    -J
    I don't think Exxon/Mobile though had to go through the FCC though.

But I hear ya.

Enthusiast
    06-23-2008, 01:19 PM #10

true, but they went through the DOJ

And the DOJ took about a month on theirs and 395 days for XM-sirius
    Nevertheless, this waiting is bullshit. How hard is it to say yea or nay
    after 1 1/2 years of review.

Page 1 of 2 12