Legend
    10-28-2010, 12:44 PM #1

Rich People Should be Paying More Taxes

Sorry for the "spam" S&L. i know you dont like to read those things that
    might contradict your belief system, but you know what--tough shit.

When Buffett, Gates, Soros and others, and now Home Depot co-founder
    Kenneth Langone say it you know that its becoming more and more clear
    that the wealthy are not paying there fair share.

Rich People Should Be Paying More Taxes: Langone
    Published: Thursday, 28 Oct 2010 | 11:06 AM ET Text Size

Wealthy individuals should pay more taxes and not receive Social Security checks, said Home Depot co-founder Kenneth Langone during a CNBC interview.
    “I should pay more taxes,” said Langone, who is currently CEO of investment bank Invemed Associates. “I’ve never gone into a tax shelter. I tell guys that are always worried about their taxes…stop worrying and go out and do something. You’ll make more money doing things than you are saving on your taxes.”
    “I think it’s the price I pay for the benefits this great country has given me,” he added.
    Langone also believes that wealthy individuals shouldn't receive Social Security payments.
    “Why the hell pay me Social Security? This is nuts, this is crazy. What do I do with it? It goes to charity,” said Langone. “My dad needed Social Security. That’s okay. Now I’ve done well, why the hell are you giving me something for?"
    He is willing to pay more taxes, Langone said, but he doesn't want the government to "blow it" and misspend it. "I'd like to believe we're helping dig ourselves out of the ditch. That it's going to go towards that."
    Langone made similar remarks about taxes and social security in an op-ed piece last week in the Wall Street Journal. He also wrote that he wouldn’t be able to open The Home Depot [HD 31.01 0.11 (+0.36%) ] today under President Obama's business platform: “If we tried to start Home Depot today, under the kind of onerous regulatory controls that you have advocated, it's a stone cold certainty that our business would never get off the ground, much less thrive," he wrote.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 10-28-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Guru
    10-28-2010, 01:10 PM #2
    Wait a minute there big fella. Taxing or not taxing the rich is not part of my belief system. It is not an issue to me. Once again, you have me confused with John. Though I do admit to making contrarian posts and comments.

I am naturally curious as to why it is important for you and your liberal friends. You (2nd person plural) seem almost obsessed with it - get the rich, gotta tax them, "they" don't pay enough..... It is as if you harbor resentment toward "the rich". Or maybe it's because BUSH reduced their taxes, you feel compelled to right his wrong............

I've said this before. For those who feel they should be taxed more, write a check to the IRS. Say it's a gift, contribution..... Let's see how many of these folks do lol.

Wow - did you see this guy's "anti business" comments? Maybe Fox Business News is right when they talk about "The War on Business".

"He also wrote that he wouldn’t be able to open The Home Depot [HD 31.01 0.11 (+0.36%) ] today under President Obama's business platform: “If we tried to start Home Depot today, under the kind of onerous regulatory controls that you have advocated, it's a stone cold certainty that our business would never get off the ground, much less thrive," he wrote. "

I also like this one, "...but he doesn't want the government to "blow it" and misspend it. "I'd like to believe we're helping dig ourselves out of the ditch. That it's going to go towards that."
    I share that concern, but you should already know that.

Thanks for a great article.

Legend
    10-28-2010, 02:33 PM #3
    Im surprised your replying to my "spam". Lol
    And you thought i was going to let you forget that beauty. NO way.

Hey S&L I put myself in the rich camp. I dont harbor resentment against
    the rich.
    Its not a progressive or Conservative issue. Concern for inequality and fairness
    should be basic tenets of everyone's belief system.
    Since you always cry about taxes i thought you were on the side of lower taxes for
    everyone.

If you think there is a "war on business" your a nut case. Just look at the 16 small business
    tax cuts proposed by the Obama administration.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 10-29-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Guru
    10-28-2010, 03:34 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Im surprised your replying to my "spam". Lol
    And you thought i was going to let you forget that beauty. NO way.

Its not a progressive or Conservative issue. Concern for inequality and fairness
    should be basic tenets of everyone's belief system.
    Since you always cry about taxes i thought you were on the side of lower taxes for
    everyone.
    "Always cry about taxes"? Earth to Lloyd, Earth to Lloyd, come in Lloyd.

I don't want my taxes to go up, that's all. Is that ok? I'm one of the 50% of suckers that pays. I don't want to pay more. Once again, you think you're talking to John.

I'm on record here for saying I don't care if "the rich" go back to Clinton rates.

And by the way you do "spam" the board. Instead of discourse, question / answer, you post commentary after commentary thinking that will suffice.

Here's the example.

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4437

I asked a simple question - why did Bush factually collect more tax receipts than Clinton? And above is what I got - commentary after commentary....

Don't get me wrong, spamming is an effective technique. Just throw out a bunch of stuff and say the ball is in your court now. It's kind of like filabustering. Stops the whole process.

Legend
    10-28-2010, 04:57 PM #5
    I quess one persons "spam" is another persons attempt to have people read articles and have discussions. Whatever. Silly.

Yes you cry too much about taxes in my opinion. No one likes to pay taxes obviously.
    I dont consider myself a "dummy" for paying taxes. Im proud to pay my fair share.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 10-29-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Guru
    10-28-2010, 07:30 PM #6
    I quess one persons "spam" is another persons attempt to have people read articles and have discussions. Whatever. Silly.

Yes you cry too much about taxes in my opinion. No one likes to pay taxes obviously. I dont consider myself a "dummy" for paying taxes. Im proud to
    pay my fair share.
    Well go ahead and pay a little extra Mr. Rich Guy. I'm not rich.

My point about "spam" was that you haven't DIRECTLY addressed the issue. Instead, you "deferred" to several op-ed pieces, and yet you continue to cry fowl.

Legend
    10-29-2010, 10:03 AM #7
    Yes, i am willing to pay a little more. I would think you would be all for that and understand that the rich arent paying their FAIR share. If your middle class as you suggest, Obama wants you to pay less. So you should be supporting his attempt to have the tax cuts for the rich expire and the tax cuts for the middle class remain. ARE YOU?

Sorry if i cant "address" everything to your satisfaction. Sometimes the articles i post speak perfectly well to the point i am trying to make.

Talk about "directly addressing" something. My Texas budget crisis article totally debunked your crackpot suggestion about which party is soley responsible for big budget deficits in individual states. Instead of sincerely owning up to just how dumb your attempt to say that only Democratic run states have large budget deficits, you sheepishly admit that you had said something like it. You attempted to spread ignorance and lies. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 10-29-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Guru
    10-29-2010, 10:45 AM #8
    Yes, i am willing to pay a little more. I would think you would be all for that and understand that the rich arent paying their FAIR share. If your middle class as you suggest, Obama wants you to pay less. So you should be supporting his attempt to have the tax cuts for the rich expire and the tax cuts for the middle class remain. ARE YOU?

Sorry if i cant "address" everything to your satisfaction. Sometimes the articles i post speak perfectly well to the point i am trying to make.

Talk about "directly addressing" something. My Texas budget crisis article totally debunked your crackpot suggestion about which party is soley responsible for big budget deficits in individual states. Instead of sincerely owning up to just how dumb your attempt to say that only Democratic run states have large budget deficits, you sheepishly admit that you had said something like it. You attempted to spread ignorance and lies. Plain and simple.
    One article on the issues of TX to the 100's on the issues of CA? Think about it. Shall I spam the board with them? That is not spreading ignorance and lies. All you care about is pumping democrats, and attacking ANY contrary opinion to preserve your position. You and John are two peas in a pod.