Page 2 of 2 12
    06-01-2013, 09:49 AM #11
    Same situation here. Lifetime, Sportster R, Boom box, car & home cradles . My radio is always acquiring signal, what do you think is that tuner related or some thing less Sirius? I hope also to get it repaired and not to have to burn up one of my three and pay them $70.00 *And if you ain't got it in writing, you ain't got it. In 2007 when I talked with Donna at Sirius I was told up to three transfers with no additional fees. Lesson learned.*

Head Honcho
    06-01-2013, 03:05 PM #12
    @Tone, If it always says acquiring signal you should try and new antenna first. It might be something that simple.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-02-2013, 01:03 AM #13
    I've tried a couple of differant antenna, same outcome.

Head Honcho
    06-02-2013, 03:56 AM #14
    Sounds like a bad connection when the antenna plug meets the unit. Ive heard of people jamming a wadded up piece of paper or cardboard in there next to the antenna plug to force it tight against the port.

That said, it could also just be that the connection is failing inside the unit.

BTW, I have heard of that fee being waved in the case of hardware failure. I am also almost positive I have heard of people getting a transfer to a new unit and not having it count as one of the 3 transfers in the case of a hardware failure. I think its just about finding the right customer service rep.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-10-2013, 11:12 PM #15
    Hi,

I have a Sportster R1 which also stuck at "Acquiring Signal" stage. Everything else works, and I can even check the "Antenna Aiming" with lots of bars showing. I swapped the external antenna and dock from friend's working unit without any success. Anyone has additional to share and help to resolve this? Thanks,

Head Honcho
    08-11-2013, 05:42 PM #16
    If you've swapped out the dock and the antenna and it still didn't work, the unit has likely gone bad. Could it be cracked open and fixed by an electronics genius, maybe. Will that likely cost you more than a new unit, yes.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-01-2018, 09:15 AM #17
    I'm in the same spot. Have lifetime subscription and my 3rd radio broke. Sportster lost left channel and shortly thereafter the rt channel failed. Are there any repair shops or geniuses out there who might fix it ???
    Last edited by Johnee8Toes; 04-01-2018 at 09:17 AM. Reason: punctuation

06-21-2018, 08:07 AM #18
    Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestion how to fix? My Sportster 5 radio still works but the display has gone out. Is there a reset or anything?

And I don't want to buy a new one and use one of my transfers.

Head Honcho
    06-21-2018, 06:54 PM #19
    @Pabuech it sounds like you aren't having the same issue as the others in this thread. You say your unit works but the screen is out. The people in this thread talk about issues with "acquiring signal."

Is the display screen is not working your only issue?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 2 of 2 12