Legend
    10-22-2010, 01:23 PM #1

In 2007 U.S. Income Inequatlity Hit Highest Mark Since 1938

S&L, If you think thats a good thing you havent thought deeply enough.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69L0KI20101022

Guru
    10-27-2010, 11:10 AM #2
    OK Lloyd, I skimmed it. I see why you didn't paste it here.

Somewhat alarming, by design I'm sure. The best solution for inequality is a robust economy where businesses flourish here in the USA. Did you see Schiff's video? The USA doesn't make one cell phone. It's a pity. We Americans are also to blame for our insatiable appetite for foreign made goods (e.g. Honda's, Toyota's......).

Did you hear Biden's comments about governments role in innovation? Something like every great innovation required government involvement? Tell that to Bill Gates lol. Will the pumping ever cease? Never, the sheeple believe it.

Getting back to my first paragraph, the government allows millions of US jobs to go overseas................

Legend
    10-27-2010, 11:17 AM #3
    Income inequality is alarming, period!

The problem with your theory is that even when the U.S. economy was growing during those years income inequality was getting WORSE. Its not a simple equation as you suggest.

I dont know ANYONE (including Joe Biden) who doesnt beieve that we need individuals to innovate. On the other hand govt policy can certainly contribute to innovation and it always has. Ask Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

Why cant you simply say that Govt together with individuals is what made this country great?

Guru
    10-27-2010, 11:36 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post

Why cant you simply say that Govt together with individuals is what made this country great?
    Dumb question. I have two kids not yet in middle school who owe $45,000 each because ****nuts have screwed them in the name of something.

I know you love Bill Gross. Read his article.