Page 4 of 7 ... 23456 ...
    Guru
    10-20-2010, 01:34 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Atypical,
    Thats the funniest thing i have ever read here.
    Certainly as it applies to Science, Critical, and Logic. Can you say climate change? lol.

Where did i hear that "funny" line before? Hmmm.
    Don't confuse me with John (again). I've never argued climate change with you. The only point I made on the subject is that the Earth is very old, and the amount of data collected is extremely small as compared to Earth's age. You can agree to that?

Here's something illogical and unscientific people don't think about. You may know about the concept of energy balance? Energy does not disappear. Energy in = energy out. So we line the surface of the world with solar panels, and that enegy no longer gets absorbed into the Earth. That energy gets directed to human use instead of covering the Earth. What happens to the ecosystems then? Do deserts turn into jungles? Do endangered lizards die off? Inquiring minds want to know.

10-20-2010, 01:35 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    My academic acheivements are no joke.
    Once again you missed the point. No, your academic achievements are not funny, whatever they are. That was not meant. Next time I will only post the specific words I mean to respond to.

But your other claims, though, are friggin hilarious!

Legend
    10-20-2010, 01:36 PM #33
    I think Atypical was talking about some of your logical and critical skills. You seem to swallow a lot of Fox news propaganda and spew it out with checking
    its truthfullness. Sorry.

Legend
    10-20-2010, 01:40 PM #34
    Don't confuse me with John (again). I've never argued climate change with you. The only point I made on the subject is that the Earth is very old, and the amount of data collected is extremely small as compared to Earth's age. You can agree to that?

Here's something illogical and unscientific people don't think about. You may know about the concept of energy balance? Energy does not disappear. Energy in = energy out. So we line the surface of the world with solar panels, and that enegy no longer gets absorbed into the Earth. That energy gets directed to human use instead of covering the Earth. What happens to the ecosystems then? Do deserts turn into jungles? Do endangered lizards die off? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Your past statement about the size of the planet in relation to amount of pollutiing matter flowing into the air did not give me confidence in your point of view on climate change. Sure the earth is old. So what? The overwhelming science indicates we humans are affecting the planets climate. And if that doesnt sound logical i dont know what does.
    I know you are not John. No one else is as crazy as that guy.

PLEASE LETS CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION UNDER CLIMATE CHANGE THREAD. I WANT TO STICK WITH TAXES NOW. THANKS.

10-20-2010, 01:42 PM #35
    "So we line the surface of the world with solar panels, and that enegy no longer gets absorbed into the Earth".

Your premise is implausable. Your inquiring, (and scientific) mind should have known that.

Legend
    10-20-2010, 01:43 PM #36
    Tax Policy Center by way of David Gergen - seems like a straight up guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gergen - advisor to Bill Clinton - and author of this article. You've seen it before.

http://www.parade.com/news/backpage/...overnment.html

And thanks for reminding me about all those taxes!!
    I like David Gergen even if i dont always agree with him. He is certainly more reasonable and bipartisan then most Republlcans.

Where did you get your "facts" about 50% paying income tax. I think its wrong as factcheck.org points out.

Legend
    10-20-2010, 01:45 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    "So we line the surface of the world with solar panels, and that enegy no longer gets absorbed into the Earth".

Your premise is implausable. Your inquiring, (and scientific) mind should have known that.
    Its TOTALLY IMPLAUSIBLE. WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY SOMETHING SO ABSURD. SILLY. You should know better S&L

Guru
    10-20-2010, 01:48 PM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    Once again you missed the point. No, your academic achievements are not funny, whatever they are. That was not meant. Next time I will only post the specific words I mean to respond to.

But your other claims, though, are friggin hilarious!
    I didn't miss the point. To survive the ciriculums cited, one does need to be logical, scientific and critical. You missed the point.

Guru
    10-20-2010, 01:51 PM #39
    I like David Gergen even if i dont always agree with him. He is certainly more reasonable and bipartisan then most Republlcans.

Where did you get your "facts" about 50% paying income tax. I think its wrong as factcheck.org points out.
    Did you read ANYTHING? THE TAX POLICY CENTER. It's right there in Gergen's article.

The Factcheck article is from 4/2008. Gergen's article is from May 2010.

Oh nelly! And another PM to boot.

Guru
    10-20-2010, 01:53 PM #40
    Your past statement about the size of the planet in relation to amount of pollutiing matter flowing into the air did not give me confidence in your point of view on climate change. Sure the earth is old. So what? The overwhelming science indicates we humans are affecting the planets climate. And if that doesnt sound logical i dont know what does.
    I know you are not John. No one else is as crazy as that guy.

PLEASE LETS CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION UNDER CLIMATE CHANGE THREAD. I WANT TO STICK WITH TAXES NOW. THANKS.
    I agree, but remember you are the one that brought it up.

Page 4 of 7 ... 23456 ...