Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    10-21-2010, 02:23 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post

"Under the existing system, Fannie and Freddie shareholders were rewarded during boom times as the companies grew under implicit United States support."

I recall you once said something like, the shareholders will police the companies so their ethics are not a concern. Apparently you may no longer believe that?

By the way, have you read The Big Short yet by Michael Lewis? You seem to really want to know more. Or do you?
    No, Havakasha was to send it to me as I had sent him a book demonstrating Von Mises economics by Peter Schiff. He hasn't read it, and in fact labeled it amateurish. I did read the abstract, but am waiting for Havakasha. In the meantime, I have for my upcoming trip to Japan Lies The Government Told You by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano with a forward by Ron Paul. I'm looking forward to it.

Interesting question you pose. Something got a little twisted up. I would doubt that shareholders would be the primary policer of corporate ethics. The Board of Directors would be a better policer, but their primary concern is making sure the corporation is returning value to its stockholders. Here's one link citing their responsibilties. Nothing directly on ethics.

http://managementhelp.org/boards/brdrspon.htm

I would like to think that each and every employee is responsible for ethics, adn the company should promote ehtics in its corporate culture.

10-21-2010, 02:44 PM #12
    Thanks for the response.

You're right. The BoD is the primary source for ethic enforcement but I recall you said shareholders.

Napolitano has said that the Supreme Court stole the election for Bush (they did) and that the torture that Bush, and now Obama, is allowing is illegal and the "owners" should be prosecuted.

Rand Paul is a flake who doesn't deserve attention for dogcatcher just like Palin and O'Donnell (and many others).

Many of Napolitano's positions are respectable but some are wildly not. I am aware that you do not take my suggestions re Michael Lewis, Naomi Klein and Wendell Potter seriously. Reading what you wouldn't normally consider based on your ideology,(if the authors are credible), is the only way to really know.

The flights are long. Reconsider.

Arigato, SL san.

PS. Don't eat the fugu. We'd miss you.
    Last edited by Atypical; 10-21-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Legend
    10-21-2010, 02:51 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    No, Havakasha was to send it to me as I had sent him a book demonstrating Von Mises economics by Peter Schiff. He hasn't read it, and in fact labeled it amateurish. I did read the abstract, but am waiting for Havakasha. In the meantime, I have for my upcoming trip to Japan Lies The Government Told You by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano with a forward by Ron Paul. I'm looking forward to it.

Interesting question you pose. Something got a little twisted up. I would doubt that shareholders would be the primary policer of corporate ethics. The Board of Directors would be a better policer, but their primary concern is making sure the corporation is returning value to its stockholders. Here's one link citing their responsibilties. Nothing directly on ethics.

http://managementhelp.org/boards/brdrspon.htm

I would like to think that each and every employee is responsible for ethics, adn the company should promote ehtics in its corporate culture.
    S&L. As i told you I skimmed the book you gave me as it really was quite unreadable. I believe you even agreed with me that it was amateurish. i would be more than happy to send The Big Short to you, as i had forgotten about my promise. Pleas PM your address and it will arrive at your doorstep shortly.

Guru
    10-21-2010, 03:07 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    S&L. As i told you I skimmed the book you gave me as it really was quite unreadable. I believe you even agreed with me that it was amateurish. i would be more than happy to send The Big Short to you, as i had forgotten about my promise. Pleas PM your address and it will arrive at your doorstep shortly.
    Wasn't it on the package? One would think you would have kept it - you know, for something proper like a thank you note lol.

Yes, it was a story of two men on an island who fished with their hands. It is perfectly readable. In fact, it is so simplified that you can knock it off in 3 hours. My guess is that the anti Keynesian sentiment turned you off.

Guru
    10-21-2010, 03:14 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    Thanks for the response.

You're right. The BoD is the primary source for ethic enforcement but I recall you said shareholders.

Napolitano has said that the Supreme Court stole the election for Bush (they did) and that the torture that Bush, and now Obama, is allowing is illegal and the "owners" should be prosecuted.

Rand Paul is a flake who doesn't deserve attention for dogcatcher just like Palin and O'Donnell (and many others).

Many of Napolitano's positions are respectable but some are wildly not. I am aware that you do not take my suggestions re Michael Lewis, Naomi Klein and Wendell Potter seriously. Reading what you wouldn't normally consider based on your ideology,(if the authors are credible), is the only way to really know.

The flights are long. Reconsider.

Arigato, SL san.

PS. Don't eat the fugu. We'd miss you.
    I plan on fasting the entire time, and sleeping as much as I can. I don't want to go. It's a week out of your life for damn meetings. Maybe I will get some of the books you cite. We are talking nearly 30 hours of flying time.

Ron Paul. I agree, the tea party is full of flakes. Palin cost McCain two votes in this household.

Later Atypical-san

Legend
    10-21-2010, 03:40 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Wasn't it on the package? One would think you would have kept it - you know, for something proper like a thank you note lol.

Yes, it was a story of two men on an island who fished with their hands. It is perfectly readable. In fact, it is so simplified that you can knock it off in 3 hours. My guess is that the anti Keynesian sentiment turned you off.
    "Admittedly, the parody was amatuerish..." Thats your quote and thats what i was referring to.
    Sorry, but i found it somewhat amateurish and quite difficult to read. Too simplistic, nothing to do with anti keynesian. I am more than open to reading another book that describes your economic philosophy. Milton Friedman perhaps? Sorry but i didnt save the wrapper to your package. Can you please PM me with your address. Thanks.

10-21-2010, 05:22 PM #17
    Lloyd

PMs need...

Legend
    10-21-2010, 11:57 PM #18
    Atypical,
    Thanks. I took care of it.

Page 2 of 2 12