10-08-2010, 04:06 PM #1

Has anyone else's internet radio account been hacked?

I tried logging onto my sirius internet radio today and was repeatedly told that the username or password was invalid. I logged into my sirius.com main account and set my password to what I had set it to and was able to log into the internet radio. Within one hour, I was kicked out saying that someone else logged into my account. I changed both my internet radio and main passwords. I scanned my computer and it dowsn't have any viruses or spyware. I haven't given out my login info to anyone else or followed any phishing email links. I am worried that SiriusXM's database was hacked.

10-08-2010, 05:34 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by antek View Post
    I tried logging onto my sirius internet radio today and was repeatedly told that the username or password was invalid. I logged into my sirius.com main account and set my password to what I had set it to and was able to log into the internet radio. Within one hour, I was kicked out saying that someone else logged into my account. I changed both my internet radio and main passwords. I scanned my computer and it dowsn't have any viruses or spyware. I haven't given out my login info to anyone else or followed any phishing email links. I am worried that SiriusXM's database was hacked.
    I had trouble for about a half hour yesterday. I continued to get an error message that my account was inactive, despite the fact that I have a lifetime sub. I thought about calling customer service, but didn't want the hassle. I tried again after about an hour of inactivity and everything has been fine since. My guess is they were just having a glitch.

10-08-2010, 07:52 PM #3
    It said my password was wrong and after I changed it back, I was able to log in. I got logged out because someone else logged into my account. I think sirius's database may have been hacked. I am a computer programmer and I know quitea bit about hacking.

Head Honcho
    10-08-2010, 08:02 PM #4
    Mine has been fine. I am logged in 8 hours a day all week long and I haven't noticed a thing.

You don't share you account with a friend/spouse/kid? I know that if I leave my account logged in at work and come home and login, my work account will say that someone else logged in the next day but, it was just me on another machine.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

10-09-2010, 02:22 AM #5
    No, I live alone and never gave up any of my passwords. I had my computer with me, so nobody could have used it and I have only logged in on one computer at work. I was using that computer. Someone had changed my password and I couldn't log in and as soon as I changed it back I was able to log in.