Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
BTW, John, you are stretching here. To now say that the market is rising because of immenent gains by the republicans is indeed a stretch. The market is rising because the news isn't as grizzly as expected - still bad, but not that bad.

I predicted the same thing as you, but for different reasons. I was wrong, and my portfolio shows it lol.

What is a stretch, is to believe it is a just a huge quesidence, that just as ALL the polls out start to say the republicans will make huge gains in congress the market ALSO starts to go up AT THE SAME TIME.

What is a stretch, is to think on the same day we find out Aug. GDP went from 4.5 to 1.6 that was the reason for the market to rise like it did on that day.

What is a stretch, is to think the unemployment rate going from 9.5 to 9.6 for the prior month was a reason for the market to go up as it did.

What is a stretch, is that finding out housing sales were down again was a reason for the market to go up.

What is a stretch is to think the market would go up because the economy is grizzly just not as grizzly as they thought it was. BTW, what economic news are you listening to???? Unemployment UP, GDP down HUGE, Big ticket items (like homes) Down.

Unemployment, and GDP, are the two biggest economic indicators. Both did not show good things just before the market run up. Really so I just have to ask what would be expected grizzly for unemployment, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5???? For that answer why dont you take a look at what happen to the market when unemployment went from 5.4% to 5.6% OR any other time unemployment went up. Why dont you check out what the market did when GDP showed a 3 point decline (or hell anything like 2%).