Page 4 of 15 ... 2345614 ...
    Guru
    10-04-2010, 03:14 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    BTW, John, you are stretching here. To now say that the market is rising because of immenent gains by the republicans is indeed a stretch. The market is rising because the news isn't as grizzly as expected - still bad, but not that bad.

I predicted the same thing as you, but for different reasons. I was wrong, and my portfolio shows it lol.

What is a stretch, is to believe it is a just a huge quesidence, that just as ALL the polls out start to say the republicans will make huge gains in congress the market ALSO starts to go up AT THE SAME TIME.

What is a stretch, is to think on the same day we find out Aug. GDP went from 4.5 to 1.6 that was the reason for the market to rise like it did on that day.

What is a stretch, is to think the unemployment rate going from 9.5 to 9.6 for the prior month was a reason for the market to go up as it did.

What is a stretch, is that finding out housing sales were down again was a reason for the market to go up.

What is a stretch is to think the market would go up because the economy is grizzly just not as grizzly as they thought it was. BTW, what economic news are you listening to???? Unemployment UP, GDP down HUGE, Big ticket items (like homes) Down.

Unemployment, and GDP, are the two biggest economic indicators. Both did not show good things just before the market run up. Really so I just have to ask what would be expected grizzly for unemployment, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5???? For that answer why dont you take a look at what happen to the market when unemployment went from 5.4% to 5.6% OR any other time unemployment went up. Why dont you check out what the market did when GDP showed a 3 point decline (or hell anything like 2%).

Guru
    10-04-2010, 03:25 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=4255&page=4

John from Aug. 25th:

"As i said, i totally expected the market to come down and even the economy to tank again"

"that all depends on if the Republicans can take over the House AND Senate..."
    "That also depends on if they can get ALL (ALL,ALL,ALL-- my emphasis) the Bush tax cuts extended (he doesnt actually say for how long)."
    "IF THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN THEN NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IN THE HOUSE AND SENATE THEN YOU WILL SEE A TERRIBLE ECONOMY FOR A VERY, VERY, VERY, LONG TIME."

It would sure be nice if John would answer some SPECIFIC questions about
    these predictions on the economy especially since a "terrible economy" can be interpreted many diffferent ways.

"SO HERE IS A RECAP. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, THE MARKET WILL START TO TANK (IT LOOKS LIKE I
    WAS A FEW DAYS OFF WHEN IT WOULD START TO HAPPEN). Then WHEN (his emphasis not mine)
    the Republicans take over the house and it will come back some."

So here it is AGAIN in black and white. He talks about the market already tanking on Aug 25th
    and that it "will come back some WHEN THE REPUBLICANS TAKE OVER THE HOUSE" He says nothing about political opinions and polls NOW which have the Republicans as likely to take over the House as suggesting the reason the market is doing well today. Its all in his head.

As i have said before there is plenty of more incriminating evidence concerning John's predictions but i think what i have provided is enough to hang him.

Of course John will NEVER admit he has made any mistakes. Goodnight.

Once again this is just dishonest. I have never seen a post so cut up in my life. I dont think he even had the honesty to put one FULL sentence up. Here is the WHOLE POST:

"First I would not be overly concerned if OEMs do fall off during the 4th quarter, for a few reasons. One is that as I mentioned penitration rates in at least Toyota will pick up. Two the 4th quarter is mainly a retail quarter in the since that they will not loss as many retail as they normally do. Third I dont mind if they get less OEM sales, for the reasons you and I mentioned before, which is they have alot of extra subs to play with at this point. What I mean by that is if they had actually just got what they said they would have and a number which I know would have given them a much better standing on all the other metrics then at this point alone they have more then 250,000 subs to lose (not counting any subs they will have in this 3rd quarter).

As I said, I totally expected the market to come down and even the economy to tank again. If you remember I also said that if there was one stock (besides most electric companies) that I would keep my money in it would be SIRIXM. Now that is not to say that it wont drop but that it will keep its value better then many others out there and when it comes back, SIRIXM will most likely be the one that will be in a position to take off first. The reasons are that SIRIXM has shown a unbelievable retention rate to keep its paying subscribers and while the self paying subs are enough at this point to pay for the huge amount of new ones coming on board, they are barely in that position and need to have a slow down in getting new subs to show just how well they are providing profit to the bottom line. I do believe that once the economy finishes with this down turn there will be such pent up demand that there will be a rush of money coming back. The reason I say this is that what we are seeing at this point is people have learned a good lesson and not only are they paying off their debt at a huge rate but they are saving more then they almost have ever before.

That all depends on if the republicans can take over the House and the Senate (and they learned the same lessons as the people have), to cut the crap out of spending and get back to their conservative values. That also depends on if they can get ALL the Bush tax cuts extended (you know the same ones that democrats say put us into this DEEP recession, forgetting totally about the housing bubble the democrats created). If that does not happen then no matter what happens in the House and Senate then you will see a terrible economy for a very very very long time. While you will see the market come back a bit when the republicans take over, much of that will be on the expectation that they will be able to not only stop (and reverse) the spending Obama and the democrats are doing but to extend those Bush tax cuts and make it a more favorable environment for businesses so they can start hiring again.

So here is a recap. Like I said before, the market will start to tank (it looks like I was a few days off of when it would start to happen). Then WHEN the republicans take the house it will come back some (depending on what the polls are saying it looks like (the blood bath demorcrats are going to take) it may start to come back some sooner). If they not only win back the house but the senate also then it will come back alot more (the reason is people will feel there is a better chance that things will change or at least be stopped from the direction they are going). You will not see the market come totally back though if those Bush tax cuts are not extended and it will most likely fall again and so will the economy if they are not. Trust me, money and businesses will wait to, not only see if those Bush tax cuts get extended but to see who they are extended for AND how long they are extended.

Not to tute my own horn but, I predicted here at Sirius buzz almost two years ago. That basically, not only will the democrats take this country so far to the left so fast that is will scare the hell out of the majority of people so mush that republicans will take back the House and maybe the Senate but that you will see the people running on a way more conservative base then we even saw in 94. Everything I predicted then is now coming true today. I dont have ESP, It is called common sense and logic.

P.S. Only because Havasucker likes to say that everyone knows the party in power loses SOME seats in a mid term election. Havasucker, NO ONE and I mean ON ONE, was saying that the republicans were going to take back the house and maybe the Senate, like I TOLD you they would. Now while that still has not happen, some of the polls are not only showing that the democrats will not just lose some seats but many and not just take back the house but maybe the senate. But also that the democrats may lose up to 60 seats in the house."

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=4255&page=4

Guru
    10-04-2010, 04:37 PM #33
    Just to show what kind of person Havasucker is just think of Rep. Alan Grayson. Here is an example of the dishonesty of havasucker I have been talking about.

"Again, FactCheck.org reviewed the claim and found that Grayson took quotes out of context, in fact, Webster was saying the opposite of what the ad implies:

In a new ad, Grayson accuses his Republican opponent Daniel Webster of being a religious fanatic and dubs him “Taliban Dan.” But to make his case, Grayson manipulates a video clip to make it appear Webster was commanding wives to submit to their husbands, quoting a passage in the Bible. Four times, the ad shows Webster saying wives should submit to their husbands. In fact, Webster was cautioning husbands to avoid taking that passage as their own. The unedited quote is: “Don’t pick the ones [Bible verses] that say, ‘She should submit to me.’ "

http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...-is-a-disgrace

Even democrats find this to be disgustingly dishonest. Havasucker has done this very same thing several times. It would be one thing if havasucker was not aware of what I told him in all those post BUT he has been told several times so he is totally aware of what I specifically told him about what the market would do if the polls showed what I said they would need to show for the market to go up.

Fact the market only started going up, just after most of the polls showed republicans would CERTAINLY win back the house. That is no quesidence, I showed the logic behind it needing to happen. It is directly conected to the extending of ALL the Bush tax cuts and even stopping Obamacare, ect., ect., those are all things that will effect business, hiring, economy, and the market.

I have a little story and it just happen to a friend of mine who was out of work. He told me that in his interview, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER he was asked (as a matter of fact, it was the first question out of the owners mouth): "Do you need health insuranvce or are you already covered? Now this is a small business, because he also told me the company has just over 100 employees. If this is anything close to normal then Obamacare is costing jobs. I am not saying if the question being asked is normal but that, if the feeling is.

Legend
    10-04-2010, 05:28 PM #34
    There is nothing dishonest about what I posted. Its clear you were wrong about your stock market predictions.
    Its clear your are twisting stock market ups and downs to match your political ideology
    I'm not Alan Grayson thank you. Glad you are finally following factcheck.org which I used a number of times to refute your positions.

Guru
    10-04-2010, 05:44 PM #35
    I got home late last night. Not going to let John's lies stand.
    Yes it is a Siri stock thread. Sounds like something i tried to say in the past.
    Talk to John about it as well
    I had my say. I will forget it now.

Now lets ALL enjoy the siri rise.

If you notice ONCE AGAIN it was you that started it. It has always been that way. If you dont want it done then just dont start it.

Need proof just goto the first page and look.

10-04-2010, 06:01 PM #36
    What did I tell y'all (Texas talk) about stock skyrocketing
    while I'm gone?

Julie

Guru
    10-04-2010, 06:35 PM #37
    There is nothing dishonest about what I posted. Its clear you were wrong about your stock market predictions.
    Its clear your are twisting stock market ups and downs to match your political ideology
    I'm not Alan Grayson thank you. Glad you are finally following factcheck.org which I used a number of times to refute your positions.

Yes there is when you purposely dont put everything I told you about conditions which would change the market in the FIRST PLACE. I was not wrong I was absolutely correct. I told you what would happen and the condition that would need to happen to change that and just as that condition happen so the market went up. IT HAPPENED EXACTLY AS I SAID IT WOULD.

No if the polls would have started to show that democrats were not going to lose congress and the market went up UNDER THE SAME market conditions I would have said I was wrong.

This is the best common sense and logic I can give you, I am just as confident that if the polls would have showed the democrats were not going to lose the house then the market would have went even further down from Aug.

It is not about ideology it is about who is going to stop the Obama, Polsie, Reid, business killing machine. It is a fact they have created a environment that businesses dont feel good about and are holding back until they know it will not cost them more to invest then it used to be.

Fact 1: Businesses dont want to pay higher taxes and will not invest as much when they do.

Fact 2: Investors in the market are going to leave when capital gains gos up.

Fact 3: ALL people spend less when they are taxed more.

Fact 4: The top 5% account for over half of the consumer spending.

Fact 5: The government controled by Obama, Polsie, and Ried, want both fact 1 and fact 2.

Now if those 3 were against higher taxes for all (yes that includes small businesses that make half of the SMALL BUSINESS income), then I would not have made that prediction about what, the market would do if the polls showed republicans taking control of the congress because it would not have mattered.

I did not say you were Alan Grayson, but that you are just like him you are as dishonest as he is, It is clear you have done the same tactic. I did not use them the article I used did. I also have no problem with them as long as they got their facts correct. In this case it is clear they have. There was no way to spin that and I guess they would have looked to bias if they did not call Grayson out for what he did considering the video comparing what Webster really said to what Grayson cut together has been out on U-tube well before fact check came out with its assessment NOT TO MENTION even many other democrats called it dispectable. It was plain and simple to see Grayson did a hatchet job on the Webster video just as you have done on my comments. Just has Grayson doesn't put the part where Webster says "DONT use this", YOU dont put in the fact I told you exactly what would move the market up. Now you did that because you know that just as all the polls started to show republicans would take back the congress the market started to move up. Thats because exactly as I said would happen happened AND THERE WERE NO OTHER CATALIST for the market to go up. At most you could have said the fed helped in proping up the market but there was nothing else besides EXACTLY what I said it would take for the market to move up. Yes havasucker I know you think that to be just one big quesidence but most with common sence and logic would say, well there is really NOTHING ELSE you could point to. Havasuker what else was there???? was it that unemployment got better????? NO that got worse. Was it that the GDP was higher????? No, that not only got worse but the one prior was revised DOWN. Those are the 2 biggest economic indicators and both got worse and the market went up. So explain that.
    Last edited by john; 10-04-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Mentor
    10-04-2010, 06:40 PM #38
    Julie

Welcome back...Hope Y'all had a boot-scootin good time in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!!!

Julie-check your pm!

JS

Legend
    10-04-2010, 06:52 PM #39
    Yawn! Lol. Good try at covering your lying ass, John.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 10-05-2010 at 01:14 AM.

10-04-2010, 11:32 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Julie

Welcome back...Hope Y'all had a boot-scootin good time in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!!!

Julie-check your pm!

JS
    Thanks Jeff, I am having a great time! Leaving here Tuesday morn
    for Michigan.
    No pm Jeff. I know my mailbox is not full. Please try again.

Julie

Page 4 of 15 ... 2345614 ...