Page 7 of 8 ... 5678
    12-10-2010, 08:11 AM #61
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    What's up with Candleman? Does he post elsewhere, or did he just give it up to save some time? I worry if he's ok. I know that sounds kind of "gay", but I enjoyed talking to him.
    Good morning SL,

I looked under Chucks profile and it appears the last time he was here
    was Oct 15. Not sure what is going on.

Hope all is well with you.

Julie

P.S. Looks like I'll be doing some shoveling before I leave for the bank.
    Lovely. Just lovely.

Guru
    12-10-2010, 12:06 PM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning SL,

I looked under Chucks profile and it appears the last time he was here
    was Oct 15. Not sure what is going on.

Hope all is well with you.

Julie

P.S. Looks like I'll be doing some shoveling before I leave for the bank.
    Lovely. Just lovely.
    All is well thanks. Same to you. Winter appears to be setting in - cold, gray, snow.....did I say gray? It doesn't appear we'll see some sun until later next week. Night, gray, night, gray..............

12-10-2010, 01:42 PM #63
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Andy

It hasn't been the same since Bill,Bass,Dr Dave,Candleman stopped posting!

BTW-have the feet recovered!!!

JS
    Hey Jeff and Gang!!!!

Feet have recovered well. Went in to the doc's just to make sure I didnt have any stress fractures or anything. Turns out Im just a slow and aging runner who happens to have flat and aching feet. He did suggest some extra padding around the heel. Gonna do it again in March, but this time its a 26.2 miler, my first marathon.

Anyways, looks like I learned my lesson on QASP, Im trying to get out while I still have a little left.....I'll keep a little of it (just in case). Man, everything went south on me over the last 6 months...well except for LBSR.

Slowly building my holdings in that one, this is a long term hold for me...the greenies are fighting it hard, but local jobs and the $$$ will outweigh all the hoopla and Pebble will get opened, just like the Alaska Oil Pipeline and Red Dog Mine did. LBSR stands to benefit indirectly from the mine opening, as they are right next door and may have potentially the same reserves based on some initially drilling sample and surveying that was done. Im excited to see where this one will go over the next few years.

Anyways, Chuck (aka Candle/Sunscents) has not been around in a long while....Im sure he's just busy running his business. I think he's just taking a step back, like the rest of us, and trying to recover from the Q fiasco.

Anyways, I hope all a safe and happy holiday season. Be sure to chime in every once and awhile.

Miss the conversations!!!!! Andy

Mentor
    12-14-2010, 02:55 PM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Hey Jeff and Gang!!!!

Feet have recovered well. Went in to the doc's just to make sure I didnt have any stress fractures or anything. Turns out Im just a slow and aging runner who happens to have flat and aching feet. He did suggest some extra padding around the heel. Gonna do it again in March, but this time its a 26.2 miler, my first marathon.

Anyways, looks like I learned my lesson on QASP, Im trying to get out while I still have a little left.....I'll keep a little of it (just in case). Man, everything went south on me over the last 6 months...well except for LBSR.

Slowly building my holdings in that one, this is a long term hold for me...the greenies are fighting it hard, but local jobs and the $$$ will outweigh all the hoopla and Pebble will get opened, just like the Alaska Oil Pipeline and Red Dog Mine did. LBSR stands to benefit indirectly from the mine opening, as they are right next door and may have potentially the same reserves based on some initially drilling sample and surveying that was done. Im excited to see where this one will go over the next few years.

Anyways, Chuck (aka Candle/Sunscents) has not been around in a long while....Im sure he's just busy running his business. I think he's just taking a step back, like the rest of us, and trying to recover from the Q fiasco.

Anyways, I hope all a safe and happy holiday season. Be sure to chime in every once and awhile.

Miss the conversations!!!!! Andy
    So - it's about a 100% gain since I looked at that lbsr chart, shoulda woke up, lol, at least I could half recognize the potentialk move. anyway looking good, congrats Andy

12-15-2010, 01:13 AM #65

Thanks Dave!!!!

Lots of chatter going on over at the shrub...sounds promising, but so did the Q and look where that landed me. Did manage to pick up a few more shares after I sold my Q shrs last week and am already making up some of my losses.

LBSR is cheap compared to it's neighbors at the pebble. NAK is also enjoying a nice runup in it's share price.

Keeping my fingers close by the sell button on this one....it's a legit company, but I may try to swing trade a few shares to try to recover from the last 6 months.

Mentor
    12-17-2010, 11:58 AM #66
    Yeah, you have a base in the 0.04 range - I ;ll try to get a chart of something i was holding previously... i hope it plays out the same, if I can get an entry in the lower 0.04 range, I'll likely try to hold it, unless there is some real dropout candle that doesn't resolve by eod. I'm thinking the pattern may be similar. we'll see... I just now started wrapping my "clock' around... got up at 2 am today, so back to trading a little... better update the sig

Mentor
    12-17-2010, 01:13 PM #67
    Looks like you are getting a second day of rebound off of what could be new support - which may blow my previous hypothesis out of the water, lol. entry at 0.05 level may have been a good bounce play. I only have room for one more position, kind of late to take it. but that could be a decent swing trade right there. I may still take it if it cuts back a little, like to the line at 0.056, like to see a close over 13 ema though by the end of today

12-17-2010, 03:40 PM #68

Picked up a few at .054

Thanks for the info....

Mentor
    01-20-2011, 03:19 AM #69
    Hey Andy... don't know if you did your swing trade.. ie. get out after the next day.. that's swing trading, take your losses. I'm still hoping for an "AUMN" set up... so I bought LBSR at 0.04 after it got back up after dipping below. The support line is strong at that level, I just patiently waited until it would dip below to get that price... took quite some time. I will stop myself out... have to draw a line... or rather, watch the candles... but so far so good.

Even a good support line gets violated intraday. If there is a solid straight down red candle, that's bad, and likely, I'll cut out. Been swing trading kind of heavy last few weeks, been booking profits. Actually had about 8 green trades in a row... but, in this game, I know the average win rate should be about 40%... just that you cash out higher than you take your losses. Been a pretty good year so far. Thought the market was dumping today, so picked up some TZA. Only "long" I have is siri... but now that I'm much more diligent, it doesn't count for much of my account, money management you know...

slow and steady!

Mentor
    03-10-2011, 03:24 PM #70
    dr d email me
    Last edited by bassmaster; 03-30-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Page 7 of 8 ... 5678