Mentor
    09-30-2010, 03:31 PM #1

Sirius XM Snap

Sirius XM Snap! Offers Easy Satellite Radio
    Posted on Sep 30, 10 10:47 AM PDT

The Sirius XM Snap! accessory that was sighted at the FCC recently has gone official, offering you a simple in-car satellite radio receiver that can be easily installed by just plugging it into your vehicle's power port. The good news is that you won't need to twiddle with your existing radio setup much and the device includes a stem that supports the control panel, allowing you to easily change channels and control the device. It's bundled together with a magnetic mount antenna that can be attached to a roof, hood, or trunk, though it's wired. An auxiliary input cable is also included as part of the package to allow it to hook up to the vehicle's aux-in port. The XM Snap! will be available at retail nationwide and online from October 2010 for $59.99.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10-01-2010, 08:35 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Sirius XM Snap! Offers Easy Satellite Radio
    Posted on Sep 30, 10 10:47 AM PDT

The Sirius XM Snap! accessory that was sighted at the FCC recently has gone official, offering you a simple in-car satellite radio receiver that can be easily installed by just plugging it into your vehicle's power port. The good news is that you won't need to twiddle with your existing radio setup much and the device includes a stem that supports the control panel, allowing you to easily change channels and control the device. It's bundled together with a magnetic mount antenna that can be attached to a roof, hood, or trunk, though it's wired. An auxiliary input cable is also included as part of the package to allow it to hook up to the vehicle's aux-in port. The XM Snap! will be available at retail nationwide and online from October 2010 for $59.99.
    I am really surprised that more people are not talking about the XM SNAP. I currently have the Pioneer Inno, but NEVER use it in my car. I don't want to pay for the cost of the car kit because there is good chance I won't have the car much longer. The SNAP will make it easy for me to have a second radio. I also like the fact that this plays through your speakers when tuned to the FM band, just like the old Delphi. Am I the only one that thinks this will be a great Christmas gift?
    Last edited by SchultzyMN; 10-01-2010 at 08:38 PM.

11-28-2010, 06:02 PM #3

Problem with Sirius XM Snap

I just bought the Snap and have a 2010 Mercedes GLK...I can't power the unit on! I think the AC/DC chargers may be too shallow for the unit's plug. My GPS charger works in all three outlets in the car, but the Snap will not. Has anyone else experienced this or do you have any suggestions?

Head Honcho
    11-28-2010, 08:02 PM #4
    Have you tried it in a different car to verify?

You should be able to get a different power supply with the same specs that fits from radio shack or someplace like that.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder