Legend
    09-25-2010, 09:38 AM #1

Bush Tax Cuts Reduced Total Income by 2.7 TRILLION

Guru
    09-25-2010, 08:48 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    That's easy math to ponder; 0.8 x 10 = 8 and 0.9 x 10 = 9. This doesn't explain why actual tax recepts were greater under Bush than Clinton. Could it be that the higher tax rate actually decreases tax receipts? I'm no tax expert, but.....

Check this out.

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/arti...ses_98625.html

Legend
    09-26-2010, 01:02 AM #3
    I quess i will have to link to the article again that showed some flaws in the statistics you quote.

Guru
    09-26-2010, 05:26 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I quess i will have to link to the article again that showed some flaws in the statistics you quote.
    Statistics? Try receipts. IRS receipts. For one who so believes in our government, it strikes me that they'd be........wrong.

Anyway, I had my first taste of Obama's "financial reform" and I'm furious. As noted in another post, my riding mower of 17 years went to Heaven. So I'm in Sears today talking to the sales person, and I ask if they had a interest free financing available (I have an account there). His reply was, "no, you won't be seeing that too much anymore, the financial reform (lol) bill makes it difficult."

So here I am a responsible person looking for a deal, and I can't because of the democrats PHUCKING financial reform. You have to be kidding? I get penalized because some douchebag runs up his credit card and can't pay it off? Take away from the responsible for the irresposible? You cannot imagine how pissed off I am.

I have never in my entire life been so absolutely polarized against the democratic philosophy. You and your ilk are insane.

So, instead of me paying off the debt month to month; I will take the money out of savings. I paid the bill with my AMEX; now Sears will lose 5%. That's just PHUCKING great for America. I want to thank the ASSHOLES in the democratic party for that. Stupid.

09-26-2010, 05:32 PM #5
    Well, that clinches it for me. A Sears salesman explaining a complicated issue - what more can you want?

I guess I'll cancel, stop watching and thinking...and just hang out at Sears.

Phew!

Guru
    09-26-2010, 06:53 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    Well, that clinches it for me. A Sears salesman explaining a complicated issue - what more can you want?

I guess I'll cancel, stop watching and thinking...and just hang out at Sears.

Phew!
    LOL, good one. Then again, maybe you'd learn something by getting out into the real world.

But seriously, I couldn't get the deal, and the legislation was cited. I would think that a guy who actually sells $hit on credit may very well know what the fck he's talking about. But maybe you're right, maybe he's stupid. What was explained was that there is no more "no payments" for a year, 6 months etc. Gotta have a payment now. It's one of those credit card tricks that fck's American's. Go ahead, deflect, call it "complicated", whatever. Generaly speaking, buying a lawnmower with interest free payments is NOT a complicated transaction - especially when I've bought many things in this fashion in recent years.

09-26-2010, 07:04 PM #7
    Come on, man. Stop it!

"Go ahead, deflect, call it "complicated", whatever. Generaly speaking, buying a lawnmower with interest free payments is NOT a complicated transaction - especially when I've bought many things in this fashion in recent years."

No twit, (I've always wanted to do that - but NEVER will again) buying is not complicated but knowing why some laws, regulations and business practices are what they are IS COMPLICATED.

You're a Ph.D in sales and marketing - you could teach this stuff!

So, stop it!

PS. The real world, huh? You have no idea.
    Last edited by Atypical; 09-26-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Guru
    09-26-2010, 07:45 PM #8
    Come on, man. Stop it!

"Go ahead, deflect, call it "complicated", whatever. Generaly speaking, buying a lawnmower with interest free payments is NOT a complicated transaction - especially when I've bought many things in this fashion in recent years."

No twit, (I've always wanted to do that - but NEVER will again) buying is not complicated but knowing why some laws, regulations and business practices are what they are IS COMPLICATED.

You're a Ph.D in sales and marketing - you could teach this stuff!

So, stop it!

PS. The real world, huh? You have no idea.
    LOL - look it up my friend. Either it is, or isn't.

Twit? - good to see you resort to John's level.................. By the way, in retrospect, your comments are kind of elitiest.

09-26-2010, 08:31 PM #9
    The definition of elite is the best.

Thank you so much.

John's level - you mean the level in the toilet?

Guru
    09-26-2010, 08:38 PM #10
    The definition of elite is the best.

Thank you so much.

John's level - you mean the level in the toilet?
    Yeap, you SHOULD stop thinking and hang out at Sears a little more. LOL.

If you want to be in the toilet, it's your choice. Or is it?