Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    09-24-2010, 09:20 AM #1

John Stewart Takes on GOP's Pledge to America Fox News "dont blame Bush" excuse

Boy what a pledge it is. LoL. Please tell me how much you like it S&L

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...dge-to-America!

Guru
    09-24-2010, 09:53 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Boy what a pledge it is. LoL. Please tell me how much you like it S&L

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...dge-to-America!
    It is dangerous shows like this that divide, pollute and fill the sheeple with trivial sound bits and pseudo facts. lol.

You know in business, you do generally form a mission statement, charter to provide a contextual framework of what you are trying to achieve. Why shouldn't political parties do the same? Do the Dem's have one? I'm sure it would be the antithesis of republicans, no?

Guru
    09-24-2010, 09:58 AM #3
    For all to see, here is the pledge.

http://pledge.gop.gov/

Legend
    09-24-2010, 12:03 PM #4
    [QUOTE=SiriuslyLong;64966]It is dangerous shows like this that divide, pollute and fill the sheeple with trivial sound bits and pseudo facts. lol.

You know in business, you do generally form a mission statement, charter to provide a contextual framework of what you are trying to achieve. Why shouldn't political parties do the same? Do the Dem's have one? I'm sure it would be the antithesis of republicans, no?[/QUOTE

HE CALLS JOHN STEWART'S SHOW DANGEROUS. WOW.
    AND SO I AM STILL WAITING FOR S&L TO TELL ME JUST HOW MUCH HE LIKES
    THIS PLEDGE. PLEASE TELL US IN DETAIL ALL THE GREAT THINGS AND WHETHER YOU
    HAVE ANY CRITICISMS. I WANT TO SEE YOUR "INDEPENDENT" MIND AT WORK.
    LOL.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-24-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Guru
    09-24-2010, 12:13 PM #5
    [QUOTE=Havakasha;64972]
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    It is dangerous shows like this that divide, pollute and fill the sheeple with trivial sound bits and pseudo facts. lol.

You know in business, you do generally form a mission statement, charter to provide a contextual framework of what you are trying to achieve. Why shouldn't political parties do the same? Do the Dem's have one? I'm sure it would be the antithesis of republicans, no?[/QUOTE

HE CALLS JOHN STEWART'S SHOW DANGEROUS. WOW.
    AND SO I AM STILL WAITING FOR S&L TO TELL ME JUST HOW MUCH HE LIKES
    THIS PLEDGE. PLEASE TELL US IN DETAIL ALL THE GREAT THINGS AND WHETHER YOU
    HAVE ANY CRITICISMS. I WANT TO SEE YOUR "INDEPENDENT" MIND AT WORK.
    LOL.
    HAVAKASHA CALLS FOX NEWS DANGEROUS. WOW.
    AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR HAVAKASHA TO TELL ME JUST HOW BUSH COLLECTED MORE TAXES THAN CLINTON.

HEY, BY THE WAY, DID YOU HAVE TIME TO READ SCHIFF'S BOOK?

MAN IS IT HARD TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS!

Legend
    09-24-2010, 12:36 PM #6
    So here is a guy S&L who claims to be independent but believes John Stewart is dangerous but not the Republican policies that brought about the mess we are in. Your priorities are a tad skewed.

Well, wise guy tell me why it is that Fox news listeners thought Sadaam Hussein was responsible for 9/11 and tell me why a majority of Fox news listeners believe Barack Obama is Muslim and was born out of this country. I could go on and on with this stuff about Fox news viewers beliefs.

Now Show me where John Stewart listeners are believing in lies.

STILL WAITING S&L. TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK.

We already went over the Bush taxes. Remember what i said and posted about the statistics being flawed. Did you have a giant memory lapse?

Started the first page of Schiff and was bored but i will give it another try.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-24-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Legend
    09-24-2010, 12:37 PM #7
    Now here are the Republicans who are criticizing the "pledge". Some call it watered down crap. Lol

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...da.php?ref=fpa

Guru
    09-24-2010, 01:07 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    So here is a guy S&L who claims to be independent but believes John Stewart is dangerous but not the Republican policies that brought about the mess we are in. Your priorities are a tad skewed.

Well, wise guy tell me why it is that Fox news listeners thought Sadaam Hussein was responsible for 9/11 and tell me why a majority of Fox news listeners believe Barack Obama is Muslim and was born out of this country. I could go on and on with this stuff about Fox news viewers beliefs.

Now Show me where John Stewart listeners are believing in lies.

STILL WAITING S&L. TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK.

We already went over the Bush taxes. Remember what i said and posted about the statistics being flawed. Did you have a giant memory lapse?

Started the first page of Schiff and was bored but i will give it another try.
    Please, stop the nonsense, and take the joke for phucks sake.

How are the statistics flawed? In fact, I wouldn't call them statistics at all; they're receipts. You don't trust the IRS to report how much income tax they collected? Or are you going to fall back on "how complicated it is".

C'mon now, read Schiff. I went well out of my way to get it for you, and your buddy here would call you "shallow" for not looking at other points of view before formulating your own.

As for the repubicans and their pledge, at least they're consistent lol. Ok, here's my official position Lloyd. The republicans are the lesser evil to me based on my economic beliefs, and beliefs on the role of government. But I will guarentee you one thing, I'm not voting for any republican. Either vote, democrat or republican, is a vote for the status quo.

Legend
    09-24-2010, 01:49 PM #9
    For phucks sake i posted the article that said the figures were flawed. Go back and take a look.

i will read Schiff but early on he said some stuff I dont agree with look but i promise to read it. im looking for a book to send you.

"Republicans are a lesser evil" i finally got it out of you. lol.

I quess you couldnt defend Fox news and the lies their viewers believe.

Who are you voting for exactly? I'm really dying to know.

John's prediction of the market tanking in September was spot on now wasnt it? Silly to try to predict.

Legend
    09-24-2010, 01:57 PM #10
    A closer look at the Pledge to America:

A closer look at GOP 'Pledge to America'

By Perry Bacon Jr.
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, September 24, 2010
    Government reform

Proposals: Republicans have a series of ideas that would change how Congress works. They would require Congress to cite the specific constitutional authority that undergirds each piece of legislation, to post bills online 72 hours before votes, and to make sure that measures are passed "one at time," meaning legislation would not be packed with numerous provisions, as often happens now.

Why they are proposing it: In two words, the tea party. Throughout last year, GOP lawmakers heard activists at town hall meetings asking repeatedly if they had read the entire health-care bill (which ran nearly 2,000 pages) and how Congress had the authority to pass it.

How it would work on paper: These are all fairly simple ideas in theory. The idea is that Congress won't pass bills like the health-care legislation because they won't find permission to do so in the Constitution. Members of the public would have days to read legislation and propose changes.

How it would work in actuality: These things were not done often from 1995 to 2006, when Republicans ran Congress. Why? It's difficult enough to get members of the same party to agree on legislation; the result is that bills often contain unrelated provisions to bring in more votes.

Congress tends to find in the Constitution whatever authority it needs to do as it pleases, no matter which party is in charge. Democrats already post most legislation days before votes, so this proposal would not lead to a meaningful change.

How it is similar to the "Contract With America": As in 1994, Republicans are proposing a variety of ideas to reform how Congress works. Just as they did then, they want to make sure that most committee meetings are open, and they want to reduce how much Congress spends on its own operations.

How it differs: Republicans in 1994 proposed term limits (12 years for members of Congress), an idea they have abandoned. Their ideas to demand that bills be posted online 72 hours before votes and to cite the constitutional authority for them are new.

Health care

Proposals: Republicans call for repealing the health-care law President Obama signed this year. In its place, they would enact a series of ideas that the GOP has long touted, such as health savings accounts, enrolling people with chronic illnesses in state-run high-risk pools and limiting medical malpractice lawsuits against doctors.

Why they are proposing it: The health-care law is highly unpopular among Republicans, and party leaders pledged almost as soon as it was passed to attempt to repeal it.

How it would work on paper: Republicans would pass a repeal through Congress, get it signed by the president (or override his veto), and then start trying to pass their own health-care ideas. Most nonpartisan analyses suggest that the various GOP ideas would insure far fewer people than the Democratic law, which is expected to cover more than 30 million people who now lack insurance.

CONTINUED 1 2 Next >

Page 1 of 2 12