Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Guru
    09-12-2010, 10:23 AM #1

So much for a nice carefree Sunday morning LOL.

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 16 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,

It is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
    c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ??

MAYBE WE OUGHT TO KICK YOUR EGG-HEAD BUDDY BUMS OUT OF OFFICE AND HIRE WAL MART TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT ???

WAL MART SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS.......WHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST ADMIT IT'S WAY BEYOND YOUR PAY GRADE, AND QUIT?

Guru
    09-12-2010, 10:27 AM #2
    And just to be a little inflammatory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrATS4mthX4

Guru
    09-12-2010, 10:28 AM #3
    Now I can move on with my day of football, canning tomatoes, and cutting grass.

09-12-2010, 02:52 PM #4
    Ah, yes. Great post – great in that it is what those who like simple, sounds good, superficial, emotionally satisfying bullshit enjoy.

Let’s look at this with a critical eye. Here are some of the ingredients an intelligent person uses to make a valid argument.
    . uses evidence skillfully and impartially
    . distinguishes between logically valid and invalid inferences
    . suspends judgment in the absence of sufficient evidence to support a decision
    . is sensitive to the difference between the validity of a belief and the intensity with which it is held

Let’s just for fun pick two “truths” to examine.

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Now, what might be some of the causes connected to a postal service that has some problems? Hmm. Could the internet be involved? Could the increased cost of fuel and maintenance be involved? Could maybe other relatively new competition be involved?

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

This is a lie used by those who subscribe to the f… you school of ideology for retirees.
    The program is solvent until approximately 2040 and does not add a penny to the deficit. If the current ceiling of approximately 107,000 is raised to include contributions to the program above this level the 15-20 percent shortfall in 2040 is erased.

Oh, damn. My head hurts from all this work. Thinking is sooo hard!

Now I know why the impaired prefer bullshit and meaningless ideology – a child would like it including those with a child’s intellect.

Two statements made by those who knew how to think...

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself – and you are the easiest person to fool.” Richard P. Feynman

“The weakness of the man who, when his theory works out into a flagrant contradiction of the facts, concludes ‘So much the worse for the facts: let them be altered’, instead of ‘So much the worse for my theory’”. George Bernard Shaw

By all means, do your personal chores. You have to be better at them than mindlessly believing and promoting this crap.
    Last edited by Atypical; 09-12-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Legend
    09-13-2010, 10:30 AM #5
    S&L i know you are a lot smarter than your posting of those talking points would indicate. Those numbered statements you listed really are completely simplistic.

We have to elevate the debate a little bit or this country will end up in the
    dump. Jeez.

Guru
    09-13-2010, 04:57 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    S&L i know you are a lot smarter than your posting of those talking points would indicate. Those numbered statements you listed really are completely simplistic.

We have to elevate the debate a little bit or this country will end up in the
    dump. Jeez.
    C'mon, it was funny, and you know that however simplistic, there is some truth to it. Your faith in government is amazing as govenment is implicily corrupt from power and self preservation. But hey, to each his own.

Guru
    09-13-2010, 05:15 PM #7

Legend
    09-13-2010, 06:18 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    C'mon, it was funny, and you know that however simplistic, there is some truth to it. Your faith in government is amazing as govenment is implicily corrupt from power and self preservation. But hey, to each his own.
    SOME truth is the operative phrase. I really believe it does depends on who is running the govt.
    I dont have the absolute faith in government in general that you think i have, but neither do i have faith in those banks, corporations, wall streeters, and their lobbyists who have DEMONSTRATED over the course of U.S, history that they are just as corrupt and power hungry as govt officials can be and who have recently helped to bring the worlds financial system to ITS KNEES.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-13-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Legend
    09-13-2010, 06:24 PM #9
    How about the private health care system, the housing industry, the insurance industries, the pharmaceutical industries, the oil industries, the defense industries etc. etc. etc. If you dont think there is corruption and waste in all those privately run industries then you have been completely hoodwinked.

Guru
    09-13-2010, 08:23 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    SOME truth is the operative phrase. I really believe it does depends on who is running the govt.
    I dont have the absolute faith in government in general that you think i have, but neither do i have faith in those banks, corporations, wall streeters, and their lobbyists who have DEMONSTRATED over the course of U.S, history that they are just as corrupt and power hungry as govt officials can be and who have recently helped to bring the worlds financial system to ITS KNEES.
    LOL, yeah, if the democrats are running the goverment, it's good. C'mon? At least with a corporation, corrupt or not, the goal is to return value to its stockholders. A corporation is accountable. Our government is not; no matter who is running it. Noone (for effect) wants to talk about that -- how political hacks get relected year after years simply because they are "democrats" or "republicans". Politician are the ultimate in power hungry -- why not -- can't get fired, can make mistake after mistake and get re-elected (Bush come to mind?). Politicians are "untouchable", and yet you and your ilk want to complain about those who employ us.

I'm sure you'd like "big oil" if it were state owned.

Page 1 of 4 123 ...