Page 15 of 19 ... 51314151617 ...
    Legend
    09-23-2010, 10:46 AM #141
    i quess i should save your last post cause you have a pretty good track record of being off
    about a bunch of things.

Went up from 90's to 1.12.

That is a nice percentage rise in my opinion in only a matter of weeks. Most people play the S&P hoping to get that % over a year. Im not worried that it hasnt come back to its high of the year yet. In due course it will so dont your worry. Just look at the trajectory over the last year to understand that this stock has been a gold mine for many of us.Its far from being dead in the water. You sound like Jim Cramer and we know how off he was about Siri.
    What would you quess Siri will end up at the end of the year?
    Come on Ben and tell us. LOL.
    Dead in the water my ass.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-23-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Guru
    09-23-2010, 11:05 AM #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Went up from what? Toilet paper to copy paper? Still has not past my exit level that was back in Feb. Let me guess next qtr is the big one, lol. The reason I could not post is pretty obvious, work. I will check back in from time to time to talk about trading shorts or football but siri is just a big waste of time. If Stern leaves you better have a tight stop loss on your ten bagger, lol.

Good luck,
    Markets are way over bought, wait till the air comes out of this balloon, its going to get ugly over the next 12 months.
    Deja Vu all over again. LOL.

So you cashed out your 10 bagger, good for you. Some folks have an 11 or 12 bagger now. Patience does not equal "dead money". So what, you want it in cash making 1%?

Steelers suck. Lost big on them last week.

Legend
    09-23-2010, 11:14 AM #143
    I seem to remember Ben saying Siri was going back to .86 so i wouldnt trust what he says now about what he made off the stock. Seems to me he is a "slight" exaggerator.
    I mean how many times did he swear the market was tanking. If he was short all those times then he got creamed.

09-23-2010, 11:21 AM #144
    Its all up to Stern. If he signs 1.35-1.55 if he splits .6-.7 range. 30-40 percent if he leaves,hell it might be back on bankruptcy watch.

You bet against the burg, Steelers D is going to dominate the AFC, fosho!
    Chris ,the best running back ever, Johnson had nothing for Dicks defense. 3-4 with Polamolu....its like we have 12 guys on defense..its not fair...kind of like the stock market. How about him timing the snap and floating over both lines...sick. Need I say more.

Legend
    09-23-2010, 11:32 AM #145
    "if he signs $1.35-$1.55". i quess you have an odd way of defining dead in the water.

09-23-2010, 11:41 AM #146
    Dude your obviously a real ****ing asshole, face it.

How long was the stock stuck between .95 and 1.05.....six months? It moved two weeks ago, now your genius again, get a grip. Your a loser and your spec stock is doing well, yippee.....still have to go to work dipshit.

Legend
    09-23-2010, 11:51 AM #147
    Calm down buddy. You were the guy who said it was going DOWN to .86 so who is the loser? lol. Yes Siri has been stuck in a range. We all know that. Not rocket science. I am not a trader little Ben. I look at my stocks over the course of a year. if Siri has gone up this year over 50% for example then i call that a very good investment. So lets see how it ends up by beginning of Jan 2011.
    And please stop saying its dead in the water if you predict it might go up as high as 1.55 if Stern signs. Again your definition of dead in the water makes YOU a dipshit.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-23-2010 at 12:42 PM.

Enthusiast
    09-23-2010, 12:45 PM #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Dude your obviously a real ****ing asshole, face it.

How long was the stock stuck between .95 and 1.05.....six months? It moved two weeks ago, now your genius again, get a grip. Your a loser and your spec stock is doing well, yippee.....still have to go to work dipshit.
    I would advise you to go back and read all your posts over the year with fresh eyes. Pretend you don't know the person.... I think you may apply that first line to yourself if you were honest.

Legend
    09-23-2010, 01:11 PM #149
    Airman you just nailed it completely. The guy is full of crap. Like you said just look at all his old predictions.

P.S. siri was at .66 on January 5, 2010
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-23-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Mentor
    09-23-2010, 04:59 PM #150

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mario-almonte/a-taste-of-honey-with-alt_b_736345.html

A Taste of Honey - With Howard Stern Enticed by Alternative Media, Can Sirius XM Survive Without Him?

In recent weeks, radio DJ Howard Stern seems like a man holding back a smoldering fire. With his five-year contract with Sirius XM expiring at the end of the year, he finds it inconceivable that the company he almost single-handedly rescued from near extinction should now consider him expendable.

But when once his options seemed limited to accepting a more modest contract with Sirius XM or retiring, he now sounds ready to move on. His eyes have been opened to the almost limitless potential of alternative online media. Some of the biggest industry players are convinced that he is capable of accomplishing a feat that so far has eluded many of the most brilliant minds of the new digital landscape - getting people to pay for content - and they're flashing a substantial amount of cash before his eyes to lure him in. Stern is thus mulling over the challenges of blazing a new media frontier - and once again making a former, unappreciative employer eat his dust.

What, Me Worry?
    One of the biggest mysteries in Howard Stern's long and remarkably successful career in radio is how astoundingly clueless his past employers have been with regards to his value to their company. Often, at the height of his popularity and when they needed him the most, they have basically allowed him to walk out the door - to watch him achieve even bigger success with his next employer.

In 1985, at the top of his game, New York City's WNBC radio fired him for "conceptual differences," even though he was generating some of the station's highest ratings. He was soon picked up by a competing radio station, WXRK, where he not only went on to bury WNBC in the ratings, he held the number one spot in New York for seven consecutive years.

During his 20-year reign at WXRK, Stern became the biggest radio personality in the country, with an estimated audience of more than 20 million and syndication in 60 markets in North America. Yet, he was constantly at odds with Infinity, the station owner, which placed increasing pressure on him to tone down the controversial elements of his show. As a result, in 2004, Infinity watched Sirius Satellite radio - now Sirius XM (SIRI) - steal him away with a breathtaking $500 million, five year deal.

Infinity seemed cavalier - even disdainful - of Stern's value to them, possibly because the cold, hard numbers showed that Stern's $100 million in ad revenues accounted for less than half a percent of parent company Viacom's $23.9 billion in sales. But they made the fatal mistake of dismissing the near-fanatical devotion of his fans, which transformed his show into a powerful lead-in that anchored listeners to the rest of the station programming in all of his 60 markets. When Stern left, people stopped listening to many of these stations entirely.

The company also overlooked his exceptional influence on the radio industry as a whole. He made it cool - almost glamorous - to be a DJ, attracting new talent to the business and launching an industry renaissance that significantly increased the value of radio stocks. When he left terrestrial radio for satellite, he took that coolness factor with him, sending terrestrial radio into a tailspin. Arguably, the Internet was already changing music listening habits, and audiences were abandoning traditional radio in record numbers, but the impact of his departure in accelerating the process cannot be discounted.

Stern's arrival at satellite radio not only sparked a massive surge in membership that quickly helped Sirius catch up to its then-rival XM, it also helped the technology achieve its most elusive prize - legitimacy. As a result, high-caliber talent no longer considered it a step down in their careers to be on satellite radio and readily signed on (of course, the generous payday didn't hurt). Sirius' momentum also propelled it to a position of dominance over XM, eventually forcing XM to merge with Sirius to survive.

You Again?
    But history now seems on the verge of repeating itself, with the love affair between Sirius XM and its poster child Howard Stern apparently coming to an end in typical fashion - bitterly. The company appears to have placed its final offer on the table, convinced it cannot afford to pay him any more, and feeling confident it can survive without him.

"They may have come for Howard," Sirius XM Chief Executive Mel Karmazin said recently, "but they listen to other channels."

Very likely, Karmazin is looking at the cold, hard numbers, which indicate that Stern is no longer the subscriber magnet he once was. Today, the majority of new subscribers come from automobile sales, where a free year of satellite service is included with most new car purchases; about 50% of these customers convert to paid subscriptions. Meanwhile, Sirius XM surveys also appear to indicate that most of its subscribers do not listen to Stern (though people have not always been honest about admitting this), so it is unlikely they would care if Stern left the service.

Therefore, with automobile sales recovering and its subscriber base growing again, Sirius XM feels it can take the potential hit in lost Stern fans, should their most visible talent leave them.

Page 15 of 19 ... 51314151617 ...