Page 13 of 19 ... 31112131415 ...
    Guru
    09-17-2010, 05:25 PM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Havakasha, I am not here as a supporter of John's position on a lot of things but he has been right on some things so I do give him some credit esp., pointing out the growth in subs when everyone else was wrong. As far as the market goes the last two weeks of Sept and first two weeks of Oct historically have been bad for the market imdd research anyway. So, here's hoping that the market did most of its correcting in August and we have that behind us now, but I do think it is a little early to say John was wrong? For me, I look for improving statistics economically, but not enough to make a difference in the election although I do think the market will do ok since the republicans seem to be on the way to significant gains and that will be welcomed by th market... as misguided as that may turn out to be in the coming years? jmpo
    Heck with John's record, I want to see Big Ben defend his LOL. Get rid of your long positions.................. SIRI is dead money! Yeah, tell that to those that are holding a 10 bagger LOL. Here's a Tracy Millman for him - DOUCHE.

It's hard to believe, but in 2 weeks, 3Q2010 is OVER. What will it bring to SIRI? John, any prediction on subs?

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    09-17-2010, 06:01 PM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Hi Andy - I'm still piecing it together . . I have to do a little more research on spin-offs and IRS Section 355 Code requirements . . . I listened to the whole John Malone interview with Jessica Cohen . . . . but decoding some of John Malone's answers can be like trying to read ancient Eqyptian hieroglyphics . .

In the meantime . . here's a little John Malone Canadian trivia for ya, eh . . .

Quoting John Malone:

"We have a retreat that's right on the Quebec border. We own 18 miles on the border, so we can cross. Anytime we want to we can get away. It would probably be illegal but we could go. Actually our snowmobile trail goes right on the border."
    LOL, I could think of something I could do with that property ! Thanks SRK I just thought you forgot about me, didn't think you were putting that much effort in this lol. Looking forward to reading what you have to say!!!!

Andy

Legend
    09-19-2010, 11:52 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Havakasha, I am not here as a supporter of John's position on a lot of things but he has been right on some things so I do give him some credit esp., pointing out the growth in subs when everyone else was wrong. As far as the market goes the last two weeks of Sept and first two weeks of Oct historically have been bad for the market imdd research anyway. So, here's hoping that the market did most of its correcting in August and we have that behind us now, but I do think it is a little early to say John was wrong? For me, I look for improving statistics economically, but not enough to make a difference in the election although I do think the market will do ok since the republicans seem to be on the way to significant gains and that will be welcomed by th market... as misguided as that may turn out to be in the coming years? jmpo
    Boomer,
    I dont think you read my post very carefully. In general i give John credit when it comes to his analysis of SXM, but thats where my praise ends.
    His silly predictions about the stock market based on his political leanings deserved to be mocked. First of all because they have been wrong SO FAR and second because he has refused to answer 2 simple questions i posed to him that would require him to be more specific about terms like over the cliff, tanked etc..
    I say silly predictions because it was obvious that the economy was slowing down and so quessing that the market would "tank" in the month of September (which is ususally one of the worst months for the market) was not an act of bravery but of egotism run amuck. I didnt use the word "wrong" but note that his prediction for the market to "tank" in the beginning of Sept. or middle of Sept. has been clearly off base. And his attempt to imply that the tanking he predicted was actually occurring earlier in August (turns out market only went down 2% in August.) was clever by half and obviously wrong. I responded negatively to his arrogance and to his mixing politics with the market. I have no idea where the market will head in the next several weeks or months
    and not going to quess.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-20-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Mentor
    09-20-2010, 08:57 AM #124
    Lloyd

Not to bust your balls or anything like that...quess...is spelled guess...quessing...is spelled guessing. I hope now that the mocking of john's spelling will be a thing of the past!

Looks like SXM is going to continue its slow climb. Walking it up slowly!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Boomer,
    I dont think you read my post very carefully. In general i give John credit when it comes to his analysis of SXM, but thats where my praise ends.
    His silly predictions about the stock market based on his political leanings deserved to be mocked. First of all because they have been wrong SO FAR and second because he has refused to answer 2 simple questions i posed to him that would require him to be more specific about terms like over the cliff, tanked etc..
    I say silly predictions because it was obvious that the economy was slowing down and so quessing that the market would "tank" in the month of September (which is ususally one of the worst months for the market) was not an act of bravery but of egotism run amuck. I didnt use the word "wrong" but note that his prediction for the market to "tank" in the beginning of Sept. or middle of Sept. has been clearly off base. And his attempt to imply that the tanking he predicted was actually occurring earlier in August (turns out market only went down 2% in August.) was clever by half and obviously wrong. I responded negatively to his arrogance and to his mixing politics with the market. I have no idea where the market will head in the next several weeks or months
    and not going to quess.

Guru
    09-20-2010, 09:49 AM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Boomer,
    and not going to quess.
    Look at you -- making friends lol.

You have to mock me then too. I said that the market will drift lower until the election. My premise was that there would simply be no good news. There still isn't a lot of good news, but what news there has been, beat the expectation. So here I am sitting on a healthy portion of SPXU (short the S&P 500).

Legend
    09-20-2010, 11:15 AM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Lloyd

Not to bust your balls or anything like that...quess...is spelled guess...quessing...is spelled guessing. I hope now that the mocking of john's spelling will be a thing of the past!

Looks like SXM is going to continue its slow climb. Walking it up slowly!

JS
    Good try Just Sirius. We were discussing John's stock market predictions and not his spelling.
    I know John is your buddy and you want to protect him, but if you want to talk spelling i think you know John's spelling has produced some legendary mistakes. But i'm glad at least to
    got you to participate in our spelling patrol. i will always bust John's balls for his SPECIAL affinity for spelling. Anyone remember AIR SOILS for Aerosols (when john claims to know all about global warming. )? So many others and better ones even, and if you want i can go back and look them up if you dont believe me.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-20-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Legend
    09-20-2010, 11:19 AM #127
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Look at you -- making friends lol.

You have to mock me then too. I said that the market will drift lower until the election. My premise was that there would simply be no good news. There still isn't a lot of good news, but what news there has been, beat the expectation. So here I am sitting on a healthy portion of SPXU (short the S&P 500).
    I will mock you S&L with great pleasure. LOL.
    It was a reasonable assumption to think the market would go down.
    But at least you didnt predict the minute, hour, day, and week at which
    it would "tank". Just a little humor there.

Guru
    09-20-2010, 02:07 PM #128
    Well, we can all revel in SIRI's latest move(s). Let's hope it is sustainable.

Legend
    09-20-2010, 02:24 PM #129
    I will drink to that.

Enthusiast
    09-20-2010, 03:56 PM #130
    Now we need to move past 1.25 and make a base there.
    If not we risk going back to 1.10 at least.
    Last edited by airman; 09-20-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Page 13 of 19 ... 31112131415 ...