Page 10 of 19 ... 89101112 ...
    Legend
    09-15-2010, 03:44 PM #91
    Thanks for posting all that information Sirius Roadkill.

Mentor
    09-15-2010, 03:46 PM #92
    One little slip-up by Mel . . talking about FCC taking too long and saying had it taken the expected 1 year we would have had our financing in place but with the 17 month approval and the collapse of Lehman Bros "made us" then he quickly changed course and said something like "enabled us" to do the deal with Liberty . . . lol . . pretty funny Freudian slip

Mentor
    09-15-2010, 03:48 PM #93
    subscription media sub comps . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentor
    09-15-2010, 03:55 PM #94
    Mel on

Used cars:

"The numbers are still small . . . but dramatic opportunity"

Howard Stern:

"He has been a fabulous partner." "I wanna sign Howard." "We run the #'s . . we have a lot of information on that."

"There hasn't been one contract that we haven't renewed." "We have been able to extend and renew with every one of our partners."

NFL:

"I believe we have a deal with the NFL."

"85% of our gross sales come from new car"

SAC run rate:

$59 or $60 "SAC higher because we have added so many subscribers seems to be good news." "I like the model where SAC is increasing."

Mentor
    09-15-2010, 04:06 PM #95

More Mel

Optimal leverage:

"we're at 4.6 and going down fast . . 2.5 to 3.0 I am comfortable with that area"

"It's FCF stupid"

Acquisitions:

"I dont see anything we would be interested in acquiring."

Revenue:

"98% comes from subscriptions." "I don't see us getting into too many other businesses. I think we're gonna stick to our knitting."

Liberty Media:

"I really dont have any insight. They (Liberty) have been a great partner. I have no involvement with them other than touching base at board meetings. Taxes are very important at Liberty Media. I believe they have a standstill agreement until March 2012. If they want to acquire more of the company I would do my best to make sure its at an extraordinarily high price."

Reverse Stock Split:

"Why would I do one?" "I hear, gee, there are institutions who wouldn't buy your stock cuz its under $5. I havent found one yet" "I don't understand why we would do one. I see no reason to do it so I'll just have to get the stock up"

Cost Side:

"There are still synergies there Spencer" (ok-ok, I added the Spencer)

Mentor
    09-15-2010, 04:09 PM #96

More Mel

Tracking Listeners:

"We have chosen not to put a chip-set in to monitor your listening habits. We have chosen to respect our listeners privacy." "One of our most popular channels Julie is the Playboy Channel" "Over 4 million listeners went to our site to activate it but they don't want us to know they are listening to it"

09-15-2010, 04:27 PM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Tracking Listeners:

"We have chosen not to put a chip-set in to monitor your listening habits. We have chosen to respect our listeners privacy." "One of our most popular channels Julie is the Playboy Channel" "Over 4 million listeners went to our site to activate it but they don't want us to know they are listening to it"
    I am a proud listener of the Playboy channel.
    And not afraid to say it.

Julie

P.S. Thanks for posting all the great info SRK.
    You're the best!
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 09-15-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Mentor
    09-15-2010, 04:37 PM #98

National Football League

I see a lot comments lately questioning the value of the NFL due to a lack of exclusivity etc . . forget all that talk!

The NFL is an anchor-store in the Sirius XM shopping mall . . . a significant driver of foot-traffic. It is the programming that is built around that NFL anchor-store that enables the true exclusive content, like John Madden and others, to exist and draw subscribers.

The NFL is a must and Mel says the renewal is already done. Great work Mel!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-15-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Mentor
    09-15-2010, 04:44 PM #99
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Thanks for posting all the great info SRK.
    My pleasure!

But if that Spencer Savery comes in here with any Pandora-Pumping-Posts today, to try and rain on our parade, I want him banned or his post moved to an appropriate thread!

Guru
    09-15-2010, 04:48 PM #100
    And here I thought Ben posting caused the gain today.

Page 10 of 19 ... 89101112 ...