Page 4 of 19 ... 2345614 ...
    09-08-2010, 04:05 PM #31
    Very insightful SRK. Painting a clear picture.
    Thank you.

Julie

Mentor
    09-08-2010, 04:11 PM #32

SP Soars on "Stern Done" News

$1.05 Close . . we have lift-off . . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-08-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Mentor
    09-08-2010, 04:13 PM #33

ooh-fah!

Attorney General Koster sues Sirius XM Radio for violations of Missouri no-call laws.

Daily Express
    Posted Sep 08, 2010 @ 11:56 AM

Jefferson City, Mo. – Attorney General Chris Koster today obtained a temporary restraining order against Sirius XM Radio, Inc., for making solicitation calls to Missourians who had previously placed their names on the state's no-call list. Koster filed a lawsuit against Sirius Friday as a result of numerous complaints filed with the No-Call Division of the Attorney General’s Office.

Koster’s lawsuit alleges violations of the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act and the Telemarketing No-Call List Act. Koster said telephone solicitation calls were made to consumers soliciting satellite radio subscriptions.

“When Missourians register with our No-Call list, they do so with the reasonable expectation that they will not receive these unsolicited, harassing calls,” Koster said. "No business, no matter the size or reach, is immune from Missouri’s law, and we will continue to go after those who violate it.”

Koster asked the court to issue a temporary restraining order prohibiting the defendant from making calls to Missourians on the no-call list who have no established business relationship with the company. Sirius may still make calls to existing customers, unless a customer directs Sirius not to call them. Koster also is seeking a civil penalty of $5,000 for each violation of Missouri law, costs of the investigation and prosecution, and all court costs.

Koster reminds Missourians they can sign up for Do-Not-Call and can file a complaint about receiving harassing solicitation calls on his website at www.ago.mo.gov or by calling 1-866-BUZZOFF (1-866-289-9633).

Mentor
    09-08-2010, 04:29 PM #34
    here's why you don't use typical industry multiples when comping Siri
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentor
    09-08-2010, 04:40 PM #35

Howie Speaks

http://marksfriggin.com/news.htm

"Howard said his dog won't sleep since they remodeled. He said it's the same apartment though. Robin said they changed the decor. Howard said he may not even have to live in New York after this year. He said they could move to Florida. He said Beth wants to keep the apartment. Howard said he doesn't need the overhead. Howard said he isn't leaving anyway. He's going to figure out a way to bring the show to his fans no matter what.

Howard said he was talking to his agent about his future and what he'd have to charge people to do a show on the internet. It would have to be more than 5 bucks a month but not a lot more. He said it would still be cheaper than what they're charging there at SIRIUS. Howard said everyone is afraid he won't do enough hours but he thinks he'll still be there way too much.

Howard said he's been talking to people about the SIM card thing and trying to understand that. He said people will have Bluetooth devices in their cars and they should be able to listen to the show somehow."

What I find amusing about this is . . Howard once spoke of his fear that if he died, his wife (at the time Alison) would then remarry some guy who would convince her to blow the Stern fortune by investing in a mail-order business that he would run out of the garage . .

SIM Card thing in cars
    Listen on Bluetooth
    Build his own studio
    "they should be able to listen to the show somehow"

Sounds kinda like a mail-order radio bidness to me
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-08-2010 at 04:49 PM.

09-08-2010, 04:46 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post

"Howard said his dog won't sleep since they remodeled. He said it's the same apartment though. Robin said they changed the decor. Howard said he may not even have to live in New York after this year. He said they could move to Florida. He said Beth wants to keep the apartment. Howard said he doesn't need the overhead. Howard said he isn't leaving anyway. He's going to figure out a way to bring the show to his fans no matter what.

Howard said he was talking to his agent about his future and what he'd have to charge people to do a show on the internet. It would have to be more than 5 bucks a month but not a lot more. He said it would still be cheaper than what they're charging there at SIRIUS. Howard said everyone is afraid he won't do enough hours but he thinks he'll still be there way too much.

Howard said he's been talking to people about the SIM card thing and trying to understand that. He said people will have Bluetooth devices in their cars and they should be able to listen to the show somehow."

I also heard him say a few months back he would NEVER leave his parents.
    And that they would never move.
    Florida would be considered moving away I think....

Julie

I keep this up, I'll be reaching my 1,000 posts by tonite sometime.
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 09-08-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Guru
    09-08-2010, 04:55 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    I also heard him say a few months back he would NEVER leave his parents.
    And that they would never move.
    Florida would be considered moving away I think....

Julie

I keep this up, I'll be reaching my 1,000 posts by tonite sometime.
    Maybe he'll take them with him. I know a guy who retired there from NYC, and he said there's a lot of them down there. They'll feel right at home. Unlike the north though, no one comes out in the summer in FL.

I'm starting down 900 I think. Many of which have been devoted to debating Lloyd. At least I can type better from the experience.

Mentor
    09-08-2010, 04:56 PM #38

Phone Calls, Audio Clips And More. 09/08/10. 7:45am
    After the break Howard came right back and took a phone call. The caller said he wants to talk about his contract there at SIRIUS. He said that he is talking shit and he's threatening to leave. He said that was his job to make it what it is. He said he has to stop negotiating. Howard said he's not negotiating. He told the guy he wants the fans to know what he's up to. He said he can't just disappear one day. The caller said he would prefer that. Howard said that was probably Mel on the phone.

Mentor
    09-08-2010, 05:01 PM #39

"Howard said they had a lot of people writing in about his rants about SIRIUS. Howard said he does love them there. He read some of the email and the fans are saying they will cancel and go wherever he goes. Howard read one where the guy said that he's been disrespected and he should leave. Howard said he doesn't think that they're going to go down if he leaves.

Howard read an email from a guy who said he's canceling if Howard leaves. He already sold his stock when Howard said things weren't looking good. Howard said he hopes they do the right thing by the show. Howard said he'd like to stay.

Howard read some feedback about Hanzi and Eric the Midget too. He said he got some email about his Sub Zero ice maker. Someone sent in a report from Consumer Reports where they talked about how unreliable the Sub Zero refrigerators are. Howard said he should have checked on that before he got that."

I knew those Sub Zeros were just a bunch of yahoo stainless steel hype . . got over 20 years outta my Kenmore

And wait til he finds out that those fancy granite countertops of his are loaded with uranium and emitting radiation
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-08-2010 at 05:13 PM.

09-08-2010, 05:04 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Maybe he'll take them with him. I know a guy who retired there from NYC, and he said there's a lot of them down there. They'll feel right at home. Unlike the north though, no one comes out in the summer in FL.

I'm starting down 900 I think. Many of which have been devoted to debating Lloyd. At least I can type better from the experience.

Howard was saying his parents would never leave their home.Still live in the same small home they bought years ago, in a bad neighborhood.

We can keep this conversation going and both reach 1,000.
    Then the prizes will start arriving.

Julie

Page 4 of 19 ... 2345614 ...