Page 17 of 19 ... 71516171819
    09-27-2010, 04:13 PM #161
    I thought I was bearish on the markets.....did anyone hear that guy talking dow 1000 today! I think we will sell off down to around dow 6200 but all the way down to a g. After he opened his mouth money started to move, this market is just down right crazy. I need to stick to football picks, something I am good at, with consistency. How bout them Stillers...3-0 without Ben there Raped that. LMFAO.

One of the teams in the FFL is run by Ben. His team name is Ben there, Raped that! That shit is funny, I don't care who u are. I know there is nothing funny about sexual assault but when its your qb and its allegedly you have to laugh.

I was in Denver for a preseason game between Stillers and Broncos...when they announced Ben's name everyone bood....we all stood up and screamed.....Allegedly.....eveyone around us started to laugh. By the end of the game we were cheering for Tebow and saying WWTD? What would Tebow Do? He is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Rapersburger. I think Tebow has a purity ring, lol. Rothlisberger has super bowl rings. I will take the latter every time. I love football.

Good Luck with your 12 bagger, hope it does not go back to an 8 bagger. LOL.

Coming back in two weeks, Big Ben!

09-28-2010, 07:00 PM #162
    this is an interesting article that has short term bullish implications for SXM:

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/co...aspx?ID=102563

Options in Play: General Electric Company and Sirius XM Radio Inc.

9/28/2010 12:31:19 PM

Traders today are placing new bets on General Electric Company (GE) and Sirius XM Radio Inc. (SIRI). Dow component GE has been targeted by longer-term put players, while SIRI has racked up some notable out-of-the-money call volume in its December series.

Beginning with GE, the stock's January 2011 15-strike put has seen 8,195 contracts change hands, while the equity's March 2011 13-strike put has traded volume of 4,652 contracts. Most of these long-term puts have traded at the ask price, suggesting that buyers are driving the bulk of today's volume.

With GE at $16.31 this afternoon, both put strikes are out of the money. The stock is currently trying to establish a firm foothold above its 10-week and 20-week moving averages, which stifled GE's progress from May through August. However, thanks to some positive price action from the blue chip conglomerate in September, these trendlines recently completed a bullish cross.

Traders seem unimpressed by this technical upswing. GE's 10-day International Securities Exchange (ISE) put/call volume ratio of 1.76 rests in the 95th annual percentile, revealing that speculators on this exchange have rarely purchased puts over calls at a faster pace.

Meanwhile, calls are the options of choice on SIRI, with traders placing their bets in the December series of options. The equity's December 1.50 call has seen 3,086 contracts change hands, with 100% trading at the ask price -- indicating they were most likely purchased.

SIRI is hovering near $1.16 at last check, just below today's most popular call strike. The shares have been ushered higher by their 10-month moving average since mid-2009, but SIRI is now staring up at stubborn resistance from the $1.20 region. This technical ceiling has rejected the equity's rally attempts since February.
    Last edited by Boomer; 09-28-2010 at 08:44 PM.

09-29-2010, 09:33 AM #163
    Good morning all

Leaving for Dallas to go to my nephews wedding, and will be returning next Wed, Oct 6. No internet access so I will be experiencing Sirius Buzz
    withdrawals. But, good news for you'all (practicing my southern ) most times I have gone away Sirius stock has skyrocketed. (slight exaggeration)
    You can thank me when I return.

Talk to you'all soon

Julie

Mentor
    09-29-2010, 12:44 PM #164
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning all

Leaving for Dallas to go to my nephews wedding, and will be returning next Wed, Oct 6. No internet access so I will be experiencing Sirius Buzz
    withdrawals. Julie
    gee, that's too bad Julie . . I guess you won't be able to listen to any of that great Pandora content while you are away; hmm, I thought Tyler Savery said the whole world already has wifi

oh, well . . I guess you could always just hop in a satrad equipped rental car, courtesy of our lucrative agreements with our OEM partners, push one simple button and listen to the best radio on radio . . .

Do you know why the grounds at the Alamo are all white?

Mentor
    09-29-2010, 03:35 PM #165

Mel Speaking Again

press release
    Sept. 29, 2010, 3:20 p.m. EDT · Recommend · Post:

Mel Karmazin to Present at the Liberty Media Corporation 2010 Investor/Analyst Meeting

NEW YORK, Sept 29, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio today announced that Mel Karmazin, its Chief Executive Officer, is expected to speak at the Liberty Media Corporation 2010 Investor/Analyst Meeting in New York City, on Friday, October 1, 2010 at approximately 10:00 am ET.

An audio webcast of the presentation will be available via the Investor Relations section of the company's website, www.sirius.com, at approximately 10:00 am ET.

09-29-2010, 10:04 PM #166

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    press release
    Sept. 29, 2010, 3:20 p.m. EDT · Recommend · Post:

Mel Karmazin to Present at the Liberty Media Corporation 2010 Investor/Analyst Meeting

NEW YORK, Sept 29, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio today announced that Mel Karmazin, its Chief Executive Officer, is expected to speak at the Liberty Media Corporation 2010 Investor/Analyst Meeting in New York City, on Friday, October 1, 2010 at approximately 10:00 am ET.

An audio webcast of the presentation will be available via the Investor Relations section of the company's website, www.sirius.com, at approximately 10:00 am ET.

Should hear something for sure on NFL contract since Mel said at B of A conference that it was all but signed. Also with O & A's contract expiring tomorrow should find out one way or the other on whether they get a new contract or not. Would be nice to get some info on subs like over 20 million would be a real nice psychological boost for sure...lots of other possibilities too...just sayin should be interesting...

Mentor
    09-29-2010, 10:58 PM #167
    Julie

Hope you enjoy your stay in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS...oh...btw...it's y'all(ya'll)or something like that...not you'all...don't worry...they won't drag you behind a horse drawn buggy or anything like that for 1 little mistake.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning all

withdrawals. But, good news for you'all (practicing my southern ) most times I have gone away Sirius stock has skyrocketed. (slight exaggeration)
    You can thank me when I return.

Talk to you'all soon

Julie

Mentor
    09-30-2010, 12:49 PM #168
    September 30, 2010, 9:41 AM ET.Sirius XM: Miller Tabak Downgrades To Neutral On Valuation.

By Eric Savitz

Miller Tabak analyst David Joyce this morning lowered his rating on SiriuS XM (SIRI) to Neutral from Buy on a valuation basis, noting that the stock was within 6% of his one-year target of $1.25. He did not changes his estimates or target on the stock.

The analyst added that “for the patient,” his long-term target of $1.45 “is still valid,” and writes that free cash flow should be driven over the long haul by material cap ex declines after 2011, until the next satellite replacement cycle in 2024 or later.

Joyce points out that the stock is up 24% over the last three months and 98% for the year to date. He notes that the stock is trading at 27x his 2011 operating income estimate of $380 million, “far above” the 10.8x average among the entertainment companies he follows that have mixed subscription, advertising and content models. “It is not that we just had a revelation that SIRI is more expensive than traditional media companies, but we wish to maintain discipline with our price targets,” he writes.

SIRI is up a penny at $1.20.

Here's what I take from this:

1.) David Joyce's 1-Year-Price-Target is a COMPLETE MISS but rather than own-up to the MISS and revise the target, he downgrades to neutral based on bogus media comps;

2.) $380M for 2011?? . . . ok, that explains it . . . now I can see why this jackass is so far off;

3.) He uses a fictitious 27X multiple against his own lowball income estimate and, much like Tyler Savery, concludes the multiple is high ("far above") based on "entertainment companies he follows that have mixed subscription, advertising and content models." . . . . sorry David, different business models bro = not comps! Show me the 20% EBITDA gowth-rate comps you used then tell me the multiple is too high . . . that goes for Tyler Savery as well.

“It is not that we just had a revelation that SIRI is more expensive than traditional media companies, but we wish to maintain discipline with our price targets,” he writes.

Translation: I'm a jackass . . I f'd-up in my analysis but don't have the balls to admit it . . . but don't get mad; look what a nice guy I am . . look-look, I'm even dangling $1.45 somewhere out there in the future just so I can still say I'm right even when I'm wrong.

Talking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time . . . What complete bullshit!

Here's what you do David . . . first, you lick your wounds, then you grow a set of balls like Matt Harrigan and admit you f'd up; next, go get some decent comps, revise your 1-Year-Price-Target to $1.45 and reaffirm your "Buy" rating. Ok? It's that simple . . now go fix your work and don't let it happen again.

BTW . . here's a little tip to help with your comps . . ready? come closer . . . let me whisper it to you so no other analysts will hear; I'm only giving it to you . . . Sirius XM is NOT a "traditional media company." Got that? Ok, now get crackin!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-30-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    09-30-2010, 12:58 PM #169
    SRK Julie said you sent here a message saying that you have not forgotten about my post/questions... So did u?

Nice take on the article!!!

Mentor
    09-30-2010, 01:17 PM #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    SRK Julie said you sent here a message saying that you have not forgotten about my post/questions... So did u?

Nice take on the article!!!
    Hey Hope . . haven't forgotten . . still piecing it together. Will probably PM you something next week when Julie returns from the Alamo!

Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-30-2010 at 01:23 PM.