09-10-2010, 07:05 AM #1

Angry Sirius App for Android "Froyo"

Does anyone have any information on when Sirius will release an update for their Android app? Verizon has rolled out the release 2.2 operating system and the current app loops the first 60 seconds or so of transmitted data. There is a link on the Sirius web site where they claim they will notify you when an update is available. But, come on now, the Android platform has been out for several weeks - how long should it take? I added the internet primarily to get Sirius through my phone so right now I'm paying for nothing. Other music apps, like Pandora I'm told, were patched in a only a few days. Why is it so hard for Sirius to get a grip on customer service and satisfaction?

09-18-2010, 12:32 PM #2

Talking They've fixed it!

Lo and behold, yesterday morning I received an e-mail from sirius with a link to a download to fix the issues with Android 2.2. It took only a couple of minutes to download - I was on the road at the time so that's 3G time and a couple more to install. So far, with only 10 minutes or so of connected time, everything seems to be working as it should.