Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    08-25-2010, 12:11 AM #1

Stimulus Boosted GDP by up to 4.5% in 2nd Quarter

Its not me that said it but the non-partisan CBO.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/new...01.php?ref=fpa

Guru
    08-25-2010, 05:19 PM #2
    That's impossible to calculate as there is no base case. What is being provided is an estimate which is arguable.

Legend
    08-26-2010, 09:32 AM #3
    Well at least the CBO is a non partisan group. As you will see in this next article "most non-partisan economists" agree with the CBO. I will believe them over you and the Republicans who have made absurd negative statements about job growth under the stimulus plan. Keep watching FOX and your head will be filled with incorrect information.

As well, I have always told you S&L that there was a huge tax cut under Obama.
    "the stimulus has cut taxes for 95% of working Americans"

Read this next article on the stimulus as its quite comprehensive as well as fascinating i believe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599201368300
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-26-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Guru
    08-26-2010, 10:21 AM #4
    I was betting you would post that article. Read it myself, and must say it does make you feel good, but having my tax dollars used as "venture capital" is worrysome.

I'm sure you realized that the link below was right next to the one you posted, and highlights "the facts" behind each claim. Not as rosy when you learn the assumptions being used by the administration to pump it. Again, Kudos to the dems, the sheeple will believe them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100826/...check_stimulus

I'll tell you what is funny about Fox News. They get these democrats on there who really make fools of themselves. On the flip side, they did have a Heritage Organization guy who was pretty goofy too.

Legend
    08-26-2010, 04:52 PM #5
    i thought you would avoid acknowledging that you have been pretty off on statements you have made on taxes,the stimulus and the role of private mortgage companies in the financial crisis.

Fox news aint funny.
    Its contributing to a nation of ignoramouses.
    I think half of their viewers still think 9/11 was Saddam Hussein's doing.

Guru
    08-26-2010, 07:42 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    i thought you would avoid acknowledging that you have been pretty off on statements you have made on taxes,the stimulus and the role of private mortgage companies in the financial crisis.

Fox news aint funny.
    Its contributing to a nation of ignoramouses.
    I think half of their viewers still think 9/11 was Saddam Hussein's doing.
    No, I'm non partisan. I can say whatever I want. I wouldn't call my opinion "off". Opinion is opinion. It really cannot be "off".

Saddam Hussein was a murderous dictator and oppresor; the world is geniunely better off without him. If anything came of Iraq, it is his demise.

Are you going to address my comments about Mr. Gross?

Legend
    08-27-2010, 12:41 AM #7
    I know you keep saying your not partisan, but i have seen too much evidence to suggest the contrary. Sorry cause i really would like to believe you.

When i have some time i will definitely address your comments about Mr. Gross just as i addressed your previous comments about taxes, stimulus and
    private mortgage companies and their role in the financial meltdown.

You seem to have avoided the fact that many Fox viewers believe quite a few things that are patently untrue. Its dangerous for a Democracy for its citizens to believe lies.
    No one disputes Saddam Hussein's evilness. I was talking about the fact that so many people watching Fox thought (and still do) he was responsible for 9/11.

Opinions based on falsehoods or ignorance can most certainly be "off".

If you said I think Obama is a Muslim that would be an example of being "off".
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-27-2010 at 12:44 AM.

Guru
    08-27-2010, 08:46 AM #8
    I believe in Von Mises economics. If you want to label that "republican" go ahead.

I like the way you first direct "off" at me, then go on to direct it to Fox News. Lots of $hit is untrue. Maybe we should insist the masses get smarter??

Legend
    08-27-2010, 09:25 AM #9
    Lets hope the masses get smarter. Watching less Fox news would be a start.

Guru
    08-27-2010, 11:13 AM #10
    Fair and Balanced!

Page 1 of 2 12