Thread: Income Tax received by Bush vs. Clinton

Hybrid View

Guru

Income Tax received by Bush vs. Clinton

A Fox News Bite

8 years of Clinton collected an aggregate $5.7 Trillion of income taxes

8 years of Bush collected an aggregate $7.5 Trillion of income taxes.

$1.8 Trillion more collected by Bush?? The guy spouting off says $1 Trillion of the 1.8 came "from the rich". How the fck did that happen??? Or is Fox News "lying"?? Or does the data need to be inflation corrected??

Help me understand Lloyd.

Legend
    Who said it on FOX news? If true i am sure there are some fact based explanations.
    You might have to go to another source other than FOX for the facts however.
    I smell major agenda. Could it be they dont want tax cuts for rich to expire?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Who said it on FOX news? If true i am sure there are some fact based explanations.
    You might have to go to another source other than FOX for the facts however.
    I smell major agenda. Could it be they dont want tax cuts for rich to expire?
    I'm reaching out to your brilliantness to come up with "alternative facts", not to hear your conspiracy theory lol.

As for who said it, all I can tell you it was some guy. I'll check their esteemed web site to see if I can get a link.

Legend
    Just looked quickly and see nothing about it so far. I wil await the information Fox made up.
    Smile S&L.

Legend
    See something here about it. What was the point the guy who said this on Fox was trying to make?

Originally Posted by marcopolo
    George W Bush was the most prolific tax collector in our nation's history. During Clinton's 8 years, $5.66 trillion was collected. During Bush's 8 years, $7.45 trillion was collected.

More to the point, the "rich" (top 1%) paid an average of 21.3% of their income under Bush, MORE than the 20.6% under Clinton.

How did this happen? Lower marginal tax rates under Bush spurred economic growth--the whole pie got larger. The rich ended up paying more tax, and a higher fraction of total taxes. The lower 99% paid less of the total tax, as a percentage

Shouldn't the tax debate--over future tax rates--be shifted to focus on maximizing average tax rates and minimizing the top marginal tax bite?

read more at RealClearMarkets - The Hidden Truth About the Bush Tax Increases

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...#ixzz0x4gzms74

Legend
    Sounds somewhat simplistic. Probably other analysis. Dont have time now.
    Economic growth (job growth etc.) was pretty anemic under Bush overall so i wonder.

7. Ad Fairy Senior Member