Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    08-17-2010, 01:41 PM #11
    Since this is the third citing of facts morphing into talking points, I will retire for the day. What I can say on my behalf my arguments have been consistent. It is actually kind of funny using the same facts and figures again and again to dispell a plethora of complaints coming nothing more than liberal pumper / conservative hater.

Legend
    08-17-2010, 01:46 PM #12
    Consistent talking points. Stil think fannie and freddie were responsible for the financial crisis? Hint: William Poole for starters.

Funny cause i think of you as a Conservative pumper/Liberal hater.

The difference is that when Bush was in office Fox news and Conservatives rarely criticized the President and now that Obama is in office the huffingtonpost and Liberals criticize him all the time. You do see the difference i hope?

But i really am seriously interested in your conclusion on Bill Gross's suggestions. I will be waiting.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-17-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Guru
    08-17-2010, 04:46 PM #13
    You do see the difference i hope?

Yeah, you simply can't trust your fellow democrat! LOL. But really, that speaks volumes.

Legend
    08-17-2010, 05:04 PM #14
    Yeah it means Progressives stand for certain principles no matter if it hurts there own candidates.
    Republicans only believe what there leaders (Fox news, Karl Rove) tell them to believe. Talking points galore. You know Sadam Hussein was responsible for 9/11, Obama wasnt born in this country etc. etc.

Guru
    08-17-2010, 05:14 PM #15
    On the flip side, Republicans are united idealogically and the Dem's aren't.

Interesting poll on your beloved Fox Business News. % of people who think which party can effectively tackle the deficit

24% Dems
    32% Republicans
    40% Neither

As you may suspect, I'm with the majority.

Legend
    08-17-2010, 05:41 PM #16
    Yeah i prefer to be with people of diverse opinions and not automatons (yes master; fannie and freddie, Sadam Hussein/9/11, govt is the cause of all our problems (even though we the people actually elected them)

Was that a Fox news poll of Fox news watchers influenced by Beck, Hannity, and o'reilly and regurgitated without much thought? I always knew you were part of the Fox news true believers. You tried to hide but I smoked you out of your cave.
    LMFAO.

Legend
    08-17-2010, 05:44 PM #17
    Oh and back to the topic at hand. Any news on your contemplation of Bill Gross and Bank executives regarding fannie and freddie.

And:

ECONOMY -- FORMER HOUSING CEOS: POOR PEOPLE DID NOT CAUSE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS: Yesterday, four former CEOs of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac testified on how their companies' actions may have "contributed to the ongoing crisis." Blaming Fannie, Freddie, the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), and low-income people is one of conservatives' favorite talking points, as The Progress Report has documented. But at the beginning of the hearing, Chairman Henry Waxman (D-CA) said that 400,000 documents amassed by the committee showed that the right-wing claim is nothing more than a myth. Furthermore, later in the hearing, Rep. Edolphus Towns (D-NY) asked the CEOs whether poor people caused the current financial crisis. All said "no." Congress passed the Community Reinvestment Act in 1977, requiring banks "to lend throughout the communities they serve." In the 1990s, greater mortgage lending to lower-income households by CRA-covered banks increased the homeownership rate for lower-income and minority families. As the Center for American Progress's Tim Westrich has written, "The real culprits in the mortgage mess are non-bank mortgage companies -- not covered by CRA -- that originated the lion's share of bad mortgages at the heart of the crisis. They made an estimated 50 percent of subprime loans in 2005."

For anyone who wants to know the details of the financial catastrophe - The Big Short, Michael Lewis.

Guru
    08-18-2010, 09:13 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    You tried to hide but I smoked you out of your cave.
    LMFAO.
    Yeah John, you won.

Guru
    08-18-2010, 09:18 AM #19
    Of course "poor people" did not cause this disaster. Henry Waxman, career politician -- laying in wait to cry disgrace.

No, the poor people did not cause this mess. Government policy did.

Legend
    08-18-2010, 11:29 AM #20
    Did you find any information on Bush and the Republicans role in the housing bubble and financial crisis yet? lol.

So what do you think of Bill Gross's suggestions on mortgage policy and Fannie and Freddie? Did you have time to think about it?

Page 2 of 2 12