Page 2 of 2 12
    08-28-2010, 02:21 PM #11
    Matt, thanks for all your help and your offer to look at my stiletto. Since I only use it in my car and my other unit is now working fine, I'll hold off moving forward on figuring out what's wrong with my original unit until the working one goes bad.

Take care and thanks again for everything.

Enthusiast
    08-30-2010, 12:49 PM #12
    Not a problem. Get in touch with me if you need further assistance.

09-03-2010, 05:27 PM #13

Stiletto 100 Recovery Problem

I have been trying to recover my Stiletto 100 for a couple of weeks now and it won't work. I have had successful recoveries with the same computer and same software - but after the Stiletto shut down on its own during playback and got stuck on the second dot during start-up, I can't recover it.

After I get a successful recovery, I go to turn it on and it goes to the screen to tell me to recover. One time I was at the menu and when I hit the button for "Satellite radio" it immediately went to recovery mode. Now after most recoveries I don't even get to the dog or the dots and I start the process over again. Lately I am getting a message sometimes saying it didn't have a successful recovery, then I try again and it works only to ask for the recovery again when it finishes.

I have tried other computers - even one that had Windows 7 before I realized that wouldn't work.

Could this be a problem with the Stiletto that won't ever let me recover the device. I have a lifetime sub on this and would rather not lose it or have to transfer it.

Thanks!

Enthusiast
    09-07-2010, 11:06 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ginty16 View Post
    Could this be a problem with the Stiletto that won't ever let me recover the device. I have a lifetime sub on this and would rather not lose it or have to transfer it.
    There's a potential that this may be the case. Just to be certain, you are using the device recovery software from Sirius.com?

09-12-2010, 12:37 PM #15
    Yes, I am using the recovery software from Sirius - It gets to the point to where it is putting the new software on the device and it says Recovery Failure. Very Frustrating, wanted to listen to the NFL today.

Enthusiast
    09-15-2010, 04:02 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ginty16 View Post
    Yes, I am using the recovery software from Sirius - It gets to the point to where it is putting the new software on the device and it says Recovery Failure. Very Frustrating, wanted to listen to the NFL today.
    If you want, you can send it in to our company and we will see what we can do. I won't charge you anything. Just pay for shipping and include a return tag and we'll see what we can do. Let me know and I'll give you all our info to get it to us.

10-01-2010, 12:33 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by my name is matt View Post
    If you want, you can send it in to our company and we will see what we can do. I won't charge you anything. Just pay for shipping and include a return tag and we'll see what we can do. Let me know and I'll give you all our info to get it to us.
    Matt - Thank you for the assistance. Let me know what I need to do to get the player to you. I appreciate it!

Page 2 of 2 12