Page 4 of 7 ... 23456 ...
    Guru
    08-21-2010, 02:46 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    Bill ,MB said she looked over here to see if you guys got in on lbsr..
    and started telling me about alaska guy and the group and I thought ,wow a family reunion...good to read some of your posts ...hey sworn just had a part in a movie this year...another harrison ford from carpenter to movie star with a little trading on the side...talk to you soon...
    Hey, Ray....it has been a while, but you have NEVER been forgotten in my mind. I love you and MB.

Yep, check Tony out on Facebook...Tony Ferro.... He is a stud now...a movie star... our old friend.... the guy we love.... I am really happy for him.

He just starred in an Ed Asner movie also. There is one thing that we know for sure... Tony is a determined and talented guy!

Tony, if you read this...please ignore the compliments, because we just love you for who you are and not for what you have become...

Ray...email me your phone number again, if you would please... I had it and something happened to it... I would love to talk with you.

I am glad to see you checking out the scene and this winter, we can rock again...it is a little too early...I am waiting for the double-dip. The 6 thousands were a whole bunch of fun!

Love ya,

Bill

Guru
    08-21-2010, 02:49 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Hitting the .10's today, up a whopping 400%!!!! Actually riding free shares on this one since taking my original investment out at .06. Really not sure when this will pullback. It may have one of those KATX runs up to the .25's and then settle back down. Too much potential on this one to give it up too cheap.

Jeff.....Nice flip on the Q....I did the opposite of you, I sold off some down at the .004's and took a big loss. I figure I could use it come tax season as I sold out of all of my SIRI at a nice hefty profit.

L.T......The Q is definatley getting interesting. Hopefully with new managment they can get these deals done. Im holding a big bag on this one and em keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they can turn this around.

Bill....Glad to see you posting....OCNF has undergone a few changes, I believe they RS'ed while you were away, hopefully that didnt hit you too hard.

Anyways, gearing up for moose season....heading out next weekend.

This was from last weekends fishing trip....55lb halibut......

Andy
    Hey Andy,

I saw the pic of that red Snapper! Wow! It rocks!

I love your Halibut there...................arghh...

My heart is so envious!

You cannot imagine...........

Thanks for sharing...........and Shabbat Shalom!

Bill

Mentor
    08-22-2010, 05:53 PM #33
    Hey guys, catching up here but came across an excerpt of the following on the BEHL board (I bailed for a 50% loss Friday - A whooping $250 )

Anyway, BEHL is mentioned here but this is the imfamous PSC and sure enough, their site is down ... The full article:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SEC Charges Montreal Couple in Penny Stock Scheme
    July 5, 2010 - (Tip Report) Montreal - The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has charged a Montreal couple in a scheme allegedly aimed at touting penny stocks. The charges were so severe the US security watchdog moved to freeze the couples assets.

The investigation is part of a U.S. government plan to police the internet for illegal manipulation of stocks that trade on the Over-The-Counter market where reporting requirements are less stringent, experts say.

The couple, Carol McKeown and Daniel F. Ryan, allegedly used their penny stock website, www.pennystockchaser.com, to hype micro cap stocks of dozens of companies, court documents show.

The website is currently offline, though a search of the cached home page as of July 2, 2010 revealed the most-recent penny stock being touted was Excel Gold Mining, Inc. (TSX-V: EGM; OTC: EGMXF) with an emphasis on the Venture Exchange trading symbol. Friday, July 2, 2010, Excel's shares closed at $0.11 on the TSX Venture Exchange with 250,000 shares changing hands. No news was released by the Company relating to the two alleged stock touts from Montreal being charged by the SEC. While no announcements displayed under Excel Gold Mining, Inc. pink sheet stock ticker, OTC trading showed a 23.5% drop in the price at the close on Friday. Excel management was not available for comment.

In a June 27th, 2010 post on the couple's website they stated: "We first alerted this stock @ .075 and the shares are up 66.67% since our alert. PSC [Penny Stock Chaser] really likes the story and we will add another 500,000 shares on Monday with a limit @ .14. A big player is hunting down stock on EGM and we think it is a sure sign of things to come. Someone has sucked up nearly millions shares of stock in the last three weeks."

The hype described in that brief paragraph at the top of Penny Stock Chaser's cached website homepage is typical of the promotional lingo McKeown and Ryan displayed on their Site - though in all fairness to Excel Gold Mining, Inc., the charges being levied against the Montreal couple - as of Friday - did not include the Company. They didn't need to, according to court documents, there were plenty of other companies the couple had touted online. The SEC says McKeown and Ryan bilked investors out of more than $2.4 million over the course of several years by touting penny stocks and then dumping shares they owned through two companies the pair controlled.

McKeown and Ryan sold shares through Downshire Capital Inc., a Quebec corporation and Meadow Vista Financial Corp., a Wyoming corporation, which received shares in companies from third-parties. The SEC says McKeown and Ryan, which are husband and wife, failed to properly disclose that ownership.

The investigation into the penny stock scheme was ran out of the SEC's Florida office where the federal government has been building upon a taskforce bent on corralling penny stock promoters who bilk investors online using unscrupulous tactics similar to what McKeown and Ryan were charged with. Sources close to the Miami Securities and Exchange Commission office say more promoters will be coming to light for their part in other penny stock promotion schemes as part of a sweeping reform to securities violations. Of note is the fact that Canadian securities regulators are cooperating with their U.S. counterpart to a greater extent than ever before in order to clean up the street of illegal market activities like that perpetrated by the Montreal couple.

The Companies mentioned in the SEC complaint were: Converge Global, Inc., (OTC: CVRG); Biocentric Energy Holdings, Inc. (OTC: BEHL); MSE Enviro-Tech Corp. (OTC: MEVT); Bluewave Group, Inc. (OTCBB: BLEW). The SEC complaint says the couple "touted at least 65 other U.S. companies in the past year" - and where "currently touting nine companies."

McKeown and Ryan used email and the social networking site, Twitter, to tout penny stocks over the course of the last year, the SEC complaint reads.

The crux of the SEC's charges are based on the Montreal couple's "fraudulent misrepresentations and omissions".

"Directly, or by virtue of controlling PennyStockChaser, McKeown, Ryan, and Downshire have made material misrepresentations and omissions concerning their activity on PennyStockChaser," item 24 on the SEC's complaint reads.

Both defendents have not admitted to any wrongdoing.

While the SEC complaint details wording used on PennyStockChaser.com disclosure information pertaining to the companies in question, the terms used to describe their promotional and trading activities were inadequate, according to the SEC. That could mean other penny stock websites will soon face the same scrutiny in what may be a nationwide clamp down on fraudulent penny stock touting activities.

http://tipreport.com/sec_charges_mon...ck_scheme.html

Mentor
    08-22-2010, 05:58 PM #34
    Hitting the .10's today, up a whopping 400%!!!! Actually riding free shares on this one since taking my original investment out at .06. Really not sure when this will pullback. It may have one of those KATX runs up to the .25's and then settle back down. Too much potential on this one to give it up too cheap.

Jeff.....Nice flip on the Q....I did the opposite of you, I sold off some down at the .004's and took a big loss. I figure I could use it come tax season as I sold out of all of my SIRI at a nice hefty profit.

L.T......The Q is definatley getting interesting. Hopefully with new managment they can get these deals done. Im holding a big bag on this one and em keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they can turn this around.

Bill....Glad to see you posting....OCNF has undergone a few changes, I believe they RS'ed while you were away, hopefully that didnt hit you too hard.

Anyways, gearing up for moose season....heading out next weekend.

This was from last weekends fishing trip....55lb halibut......

Andy
    Good stuff Andy! Been watching LBSR and am just stoked for you and for some of the good guys over on the "Q" that are in this, great board for them as well, a lot of info ... Hoping for a pullback. So cool to see the guy's starting to pop back in here ... Anyone hear from Bass? Krabs?

08-23-2010, 01:12 PM #35
    LT, yeah I like LBSR, looks like it pulled back a little today, not before it hit .11 though. I shaved a little more last week, down to 23k shares which I think I'll hold for quite a while longer now.

Hoping for some good things to happen with my other stocks as well.

Check out CNEX...another junior mining exploration company....I have accumalated quite a bit on this one as well. They have a good mining prospect in Canada and are waiting the results of a samples report to confirm already proven gold deposits.

When is the Q going to payoff for us? I hope soon. I'm down pretty far overall, but still slightly ahead from my originall investments, so can't complain much.

And BEHL....while you sold out....I bought more, didn't see your post till after my buy went thru, I'm back and forth on this one, while they have a product...they still haven't generated any meaningful revenues or contracts with anyone significant.

bNPD??? Really??? I was trading that stock went all it had was the energy drink. Still crossing my fingers that they will land something big.
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 08-23-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Mentor
    08-24-2010, 12:42 AM #36
    LT, yeah I like LBSR, looks like it pulled back a little today, not before it hit .11 though. I shaved a little more last week, down to 23k shares which I think I'll hold for quite a while longer now.

Hoping for some good things to happen with my other stocks as well.

Check out CNEX...another junior mining exploration company....I have accumalated quite a bit on this one as well. They have a good mining prospect in Canada and are waiting the results of a samples report to confirm already proven gold deposits.

When is the Q going to payoff for us? I hope soon. I'm down pretty far overall, but still slightly ahead from my originall investments, so can't complain much.

And BEHL....while you sold out....I bought more, didn't see your post till after my buy went thru, I'm back and forth on this one, while they have a product...they still haven't generated any meaningful revenues or contracts with anyone significant.

bNPD??? Really??? I was trading that stock went all it had was the energy drink. Still crossing my fingers that they will land something big.
    Dang, now I have another one to keep an eye on (CNEX) - Was reading the BEHL board, the open house didn't sound all that ... enlightening. The BNPD deal, yeah, I don't know I don't think the energy drinks even carry over into this now ...

KATX had great news today - Our divy shares are now going to be free trading upon issue, rather than the 6 month restriction ... First phase drilling results are due any day, the assumption being that more than one phase is intended. Good stuff. LBSR - Read up over the weekend and watched it today, still out of my price range at the moment, would love to pick it up though ... And the mighty "Q", had a filling today, no change to the A\S and one of the guys from APEX is listed as a board member now (Different name from those PR'ed last week) - I think we may be turning ... Oh my, have I said that before? - Think this is about to get real interesting.

Trying to free up some cash and strategize my next move on all of these, MMUH may give me a get out of jail free card here shortly, adding to the stash ... Hoping for a good week!

08-24-2010, 12:02 PM #37

Cnex

Up 50% yesterday and so far another 16% today. Huge volume today.....something must be up.

Update: WOW, major meltdown on this!!!! Sinking fast....screwed up this play!!! Hoping that it rebounds in the next hour
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 08-24-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-24-2010, 07:30 PM #38

I want to vomit!

JACKSONVILLE, FL, Aug 24, 2010 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Quasar International
    Holdings, Inc., f/k/a Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: QASP)

Quasar International Holdings, Inc. issues this press release to further clarify
    to shareholders the press release of August 16, 2010. Jeffrey Landreth has been
    hired as a consultant of QASP, advising management on the day-to-day operating
    activities of QASP, and not as CEO, an officer of the company or as a board
    member. Gene Johnson has also been hired to be a consultant for QASP, advising
    management on day-to-day financial matters of the company, and not as CFO, an
    officer of the company or a board member.

In order for these individuals to get completely up to speed and familiar with
    the QASP operations and to further develop the business plan going forward, the
    Quasar International Holdings, Inc. Annual Shareholders Meeting has been
    postponed. The meeting will be rescheduled in the near future.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-24-2010, 07:32 PM #39
    I think we've been had by Quasar. They seem more and more like a crooked orginization as time goes by to me.

Last week they name new leaders, this week they take that back.

I'm very sorry to anyone who bought any of this stock on my advice.

Chuck

Guru
    08-24-2010, 11:49 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I think we've been had by Quasar. They seem more and more like a crooked orginization as time goes by to me.

Last week they name new leaders, this week they take that back.

I'm very sorry to anyone who bought any of this stock on my advice.

Chuck
    Hey Chuck,

That is why I am cooling my heels for a while, because my advice was good...then great...then went to Hell in a hand-basket. It will probably be until at least next year before I do much of anything. My prediction is coming more true by the day - the double-dip recession.

Page 4 of 7 ... 23456 ...