Page 9 of 18 ... 7891011 ...
    Guru
    08-30-2010, 02:04 PM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Your dreaming about .30. Good luck.lol. (dont worry i know you're joking)
    More subscribers and pay down that debt ahead of schedule (as well lower rates over longer time frame).
    That whizzed right past you like a Nolan Ryan fastball. 10:1 R/S. Though I do agree with your remedy as well - especially paying down the debt. That is a HUGE drag on PPS movement.

Boy, wasn't that a great post by John? That guy has a nose for nailing it. Don't you think?

Legend
    08-30-2010, 02:31 PM #82
    LOL. ah the good ole Nolan Ryan fastball. You date yourself.

Oh yeah john has a nose for nailing it alright. Ideology trumps
    everything in his league. The real problem is one can never really nail him down. STill waiting for specifics on market cliff dive and crash surrounding the increase of 5% in capital gains and letting tax cuts lapse on top 2% of population.

Guru
    08-30-2010, 04:07 PM #83
    SIRI is a magician; watch this 3 cents disappear. Interesting trend though.

Anyone hear Howard today? He says he has options. Personally, I'm not following him again. Enough already.

Mentor
    08-30-2010, 05:19 PM #84
    Well, the MM's printing-press was back at work today . . 3 cents here, 3 cents there really starts to add up

so I guess tomorrow we close at $0.99?
    then Wednesday at $0.96?
    then Thursday at $0.99?

dyodd though, cuz just when you think you have all the answers the MM's change the questions . . it also helps that the MM's have the playbook . . the rest of us are on defense, shooting the gaps and hoping they didn't call a screen pass.

look at that poor bastard jon pluc . . thought he had it all wired on his buy-in at $1.08; been sittin on dead money ever since

Guru
    08-30-2010, 05:49 PM #85
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    That whizzed right past you like a Nolan Ryan fastball. 10:1 R/S. Though I do agree with your remedy as well - especially paying down the debt. That is a HUGE drag on PPS movement.

Boy, wasn't that a great post by John? That guy has a nose for nailing it. Don't you think?

Yes I do, that is nothing special when you are honest. As for havasucker, I just say the proof is in the pudding and he was wrong and I was right. He basically says "i let my ideology trump everything", yet which one of us is proven to be correct time and time again. For that answer I will just say, there is a reason I was even making the statement to him about what would happen in this Nov. election, almost 2 years ago. I know you have figured it out, yes thats right because he was saying basically exactly the opposite. Like I have said, conservatives are conservative because of their common sense and logic. liberials are that way because they have no common sense or logic, one only has to look at most of their arguements, all to most of them make no sense what so ever. As an example, just look at their pro abortion/against the death penalty arguement. Yes I know it makes no sense, kill the babies and save the killers. I could go on and on but this is not the place.

Havasucker I have explained the economy and the direct link to the Bush tax cuts being extended issue to you SEVERAL times already just as I did with other things that seem to have come true. If it is still confusing to you then I suggest you let anyone else here explain it AGAIN to you OR you can just wait for what I have just told you will happen to happen and deal with the consequences.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-30-2010, 07:41 PM #86
    OK folks, now's the time to buy!

At 96 cents this is a great buy opportunity for a flip, which is the ONLY way to make money on SIRI these days. I do this quite often. Within 2 or 3 weeks, we'll probably see 1.04 or so and that's a great time to take your profit and wait for it to drop back down to 95 or 96 cents again.

It almost gets boring, wash, rinse, repeat. But, it's an easy 8% a month on your money and it's hard to make that anywhere else.

Legend
    08-30-2010, 08:38 PM #87
    And Just like i predicted John will never be nailed down. LOL.
    Two simple questions to answer and he cant put them down right here for all to see. Typical.
    If there is ANYONE out there who can give me John's SPECIFIC answers to these questions
    please do post them. Thanks.

1. If the Bush tax cuts are rescinded for the top 2% then tell me what going
    over the "cliff" for the market means and tell us for how long the market will stay over the cliff?

1. a spot for john's answer.

2. When (and if) they raise the capital gains tax rate (5% i believe) tell us about the market "carnage" you predict and for how long it will last?

2. a spot for John's answer.

Its obvious why you dont answer those 2 questions John. Whenever you sense the possiblity you could be proved wrong you duck and cover.

P.S. I almost died laughing when John said Conservatives have a lock on common sense and logic.
    Thats why there is a new poll out that says a majority of Republicans say Obama wants Global Islamic law. You cannot make this stuff up. Insanity.

P.S. September is historically the worst month for the stock market. Given the reports about the
    economy slowing over the past several months is it any wonder that John made his predictions about the market going down with September in the mix? Dont let someone as obvious as him fool
    you.

John i am still waiting for your answers
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-08-2010 at 10:14 AM.

08-30-2010, 11:16 PM #88
    All this talk about the economy in the news media and on this thread is amuzing. Folks, we are in a typical summer doldrums period. Everyone says PRESIDENT OBAMA needs to extend President Bush's tax cuts. The fact is Obama plans to extend the Bush tax cuts on the 98% of the population. Only the top 2% who earn $250,000 (joint filing) $200,000 (single filing) or more per year will return to the tax rates that were in place during the Clinton years which was a period of prosperity with budget surpluses. Also, the 5% increase in capital gains only applies to the top 2%. Attached articles may be helpful to some to help clarify all the misunderstandings concerning this matter.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/01/pf/t...nges/index.htm

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Ta...most-Americans

Legend
    08-30-2010, 11:21 PM #89
    Thanks Boomer for that little bit of enlightenment. i was aware that they are talking about letting the tax cut expire (it actually expires by law) for the top 2%. I wasnt aware that the 5% jump in capital gains was only for the top 2%. Are you sure (i didnt click on your links yet)?
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-30-2010 at 11:41 PM.

08-31-2010, 12:38 AM #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Thanks Boomer for that little bit of enlightenment. i was aware that they are talking about letting the tax cut expire (it actually expires by law) for the top 2%. I wasnt aware that the 5% jump in capital gains was only for the top 2%. Are you sure (i didnt click on your links yet)?
    Yes, Havakasha. From the first link I quote "That means, among other things, that today's rates on income tax, capital gains and dividends would remain the same." for 98% of taxpayers.

Page 9 of 18 ... 7891011 ...