Page 3 of 18 1234513 ...
    Enthusiast
    08-18-2010, 12:35 AM #21
    All is well. Google News is great to be on, but it does not really change what transpires on this site, nor does it really impact a site financially. The sad part is that there are people that play these games, and can't seem to just produce content and let the value of the marketplace determine success or failure. It is ironic.....some of those that complain about manipulation in the markets are the very same people that try to manipulate satellite radio websites by conducting dirty business behind the scenes.

The true colors always show through.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    08-18-2010, 06:31 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Osborne View Post
    All is well. Google News is great to be on, but it does not really change what transpires on this site, nor does it really impact a site financially. The sad part is that there are people that play these games, and can't seem to just produce content and let the value of the marketplace determine success or failure. It is ironic.....some of those that complain about manipulation in the markets are the very same people that try to manipulate satellite radio websites by conducting dirty business behind the scenes.

The true colors always show through.
    Very unfortunate Spencer... I hate internet corruption. ! Either way this site will go on with the level of quality content that you provide! Keep it up Spencer!

Hopeful

PS, Great job Julie !

Mentor
    08-18-2010, 06:53 PM #23
    Spencer

Tell Brandon to stick it up his ...!!! He has been claiming that SB and the other sites have been doing this to him! He is so full of ...!!! Love the site...wish we had the traffic that we had a couple of years ago.

JS

08-19-2010, 01:50 AM #24
    Since Brandon made his new site a pay only the traffic should be returning here soon.

08-19-2010, 07:18 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by redturbo View Post
    Since Brandon made his new site a pay only the traffic should be returning here soon.

All this fun, and it's free here!!

Welcome back to Sirius Buzz, redturbo. That sure is a pretty car!

Julie
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 08-19-2010 at 07:21 AM.

08-19-2010, 07:33 AM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Very unfortunate Spencer... I hate internet corruption! Either way this site will go on with the level of quality content that you provide! Keep it up Spencer!

Hopeful

PS, Great job Julie !

Not quite sure what great job you're referring to, but
    thanks Hopeful. Always nice to be appreciated!

How's the weather been this summer, waaay up there?

Julie

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    08-20-2010, 01:09 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Not quite sure what great job you're referring to, but
    thanks Hopeful. Always nice to be appreciated!

How's the weather been this summer, waaay up there?

Julie
    Cold for the most part, lots of sun and I LOVE it!!!

How is the weather upriver Julie?

Hopeful

Enthusiast
    08-22-2010, 07:48 PM #28
    People are all welcomed here. Still nothing new to report on the Goggle front. It is an unfortunate thing, but does hurt readers much more than it hurts me. These types of things have been happening ever since the site "break-up" a bit over a year ago. Like I said though, the true colors will always come out at some point. The facts are that even while I stopped writing for a few months this site had a higher reach than any site accept orbitcast. Once I began writing again, the numbers this site has became proof positive that the content delivered here is something that readers want. Some will stop at nothing to make it so their numbers appear better. When those efforts all failed, the next steps became obvious. In all of that time, I simply let the content here speak for me without any manipulative efforts.
    Last edited by Spencer Osborne; 08-23-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Guru
    08-23-2010, 06:17 PM #29
    I see Tyler has some news on the OEM front and it looks to be good for the subcriber count front. If they get anywhere near that 1 million (say 990,000) then we will see another aprox. 110,000 subs added to the (at least) 140,000 they got last month. adding those together will get 250,000 subs with a month to go. If Tyler is correct then I feel safe in saying that they will get (at least) 300,000 subs for the quarter (based on 900,000 OEM sales in the month of Sep.). Now because of churn that will be higher then what we have seen so far, I dont expect the final subscriber number will be as huge as it was last quarter, even if they get about the same OEM numbers as they did last quarter. That does not mean they will not be AT LEAST as much as I am saying they will be though. Always remember I am giving you a base line number and while there are subtractions that will have to be added in, the additions that I dont account for will almost always more then make up for any of those subtrations in subs such as a, higher churn will be cancelled out by retail and in the coming 4th quarter a lower OEM sales number will be somewhat cancelled out by a slightly higher penitration number (the new models come into play in the 4th quarter and so that means so do any new penitration levels on those new models).

08-23-2010, 06:51 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I see Tyler has some news on the OEM front and it looks to be good for the subcriber count front. If they get anywhere near that 1 million (say 990,000) then we will see another aprox. 110,000 subs added to the (at least) 140,000 they got last month. adding those together will get 250,000 subs with a month to go. If Tyler is correct then I feel safe in saying that they will get (at least) 300,000 subs for the quarter (based on 900,000 OEM sales in the month of Sep.). Now because of churn that will be higher then what we have seen so far, I dont expect the final subscriber number will be as huge as it was last quarter, even if they get about the same OEM numbers as they did last quarter. That does not mean they will not be AT LEAST as much as I am saying they will be though. Always remember I am giving you a base line number and while there are subtractions that will have to be added in, the additions that I dont account for will almost always more then make up for any of those subtrations in subs such as a, higher churn will be cancelled out by retail and in the coming 4th quarter a lower OEM sales number will be somewhat cancelled out by a slightly higher penitration number (the new models come into play in the 4th quarter and so that means so do any new penitration levels on those new models).
    Nice analysis, John. I like the way you see the number of sub additions over Q3 and Q4. Makes perfect sense and no doubt if there is a surprise SXM will surprise to the upside imho. Only unknown is the economy, but SXM has already shown that it can succeed in a slow economy.

Page 3 of 18 1234513 ...