Page 16 of 18 ... 61415161718
    Guru
    09-08-2010, 01:06 PM #151
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Hey guys, can we just move on from the August thread?
    Perhaps moving to the political thread would be a nice
    thing to do. And I know you guys are all about being nice.

Thanks,

Julie
    Get ready!

09-08-2010, 01:13 PM #152
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Get ready!
    That sounds ominous SL.
    Should I be worried?

Enjoying our fall weather today?

Julie

Guru
    09-08-2010, 01:19 PM #153
    That sounds ominous SL.
    Should I be worried?

Enjoying our fall weather today?

Julie
    Just a little too cool. The heat actually kicked on. My daughters first soccer game is Saturday, and it looks like rain damnit.

John and Havakasha were both logged on. I foresaw a flurry, but it appears John has left. John, left --- haha. Something should pop up from Lloyd here shortly. He's working hard at it.

Legend
    09-08-2010, 01:21 PM #154
    Coward, school yard taunter......? Are we degenerating to name calling now?

I'm not dismissing Poole's opinion. It's in writing here that I understand there were many causes to the housing bubble, but clearly disagree on the primary cause. My talking points paint a clear and compelling picture and John's video link further solidified it. Those politians are criminals, and it is their "failed policies" that have sunk us into the second worse recession in history. It is a shame that your partisan beliefs disallow you from being objective, and the political party responsible is trying to rewrite history to suit their polictical objective - the preservation of power. I'm not going to apologize for picking up on the link.

In regards to Schiff, it was truly ironic that you would cite a Von Mises economist. I wish you were objective enough to embrace Schiff. And yes, he wasn't the only one to see it coming.

http://blog.mises.org/8635/supply-si...ore-recession/
    Glad to hear that you are not dismissing Mr. Pooles opinions. A federal Reserve Bank Chairman (12 years) who is not a fan of Fannie and Freddie, but who knows that the private market caused the financial mess we are in, is not what you would call a partisan hack. He knows way more than you or john or myself will EVER know about the mortgage industy.
    And another thing, i quote from Mr. Poole repeatedly cause he is a Republican and a person of experience in the mortgage market. If i were to only quote Democrats i am quessing someone like you would simply call me partisan. i quess one cant win either way.

i was thinking more of dumbass as a school yard taunt,and some of the silly things you said to me but to each his own.
    The use of the word coward (thought used in humor. See the difference? lol) does draw attention to your inability to call John out on anything and thems the facts. And this just proves it again.
    I just cant agree that you have painted a " clear and compelling picture". i dont understand how someone who never heard of non-governmental mortgage lenders and didnt know the fact that 50% of all subprime loans originated with them can say he knows what he is talking about. It seems to me that you are the one who has demonstrated his partisan beliefs from the outset, and the fact is i have demonstrated that the financial and economic crisis has as its cause a complex set of circumstances which the private markets contributed greatly to. That has absolutely nothing to do with political parties and everything to do with facts.

im glad you find it ironic that i menitioned mr. Schiff. But once again note that the point of my post was about MR. LAFFER and supply side economics which somhow you fail to acknowledge knowing anything about or even commenting about. IF you fail to know anything about supply side economics
    and or non governmental mortgage lenders is it any wonder that people get kind of concerned about the gaps in you knowledge base. oh yeah forgot the one where you didnt even know the Republicans controlled the House, Senate, and Presidency for 6 years during Bush's term or that Bush made his main policy prescription the "ownership society".

P.S. Can you think of any other criminals in this financial mess besides Dems? LMFAO. And you are not partisan? My ass.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-08-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Guru
    09-08-2010, 01:26 PM #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    i was thinking more of dumbass as a school yard taunt, but to each his own.
    The use of the word coward does draw attention to your inability to call John out on anything and thems the facts.
    I just cant agree that you have painted a " clear and compelling picture". i dont understand how someone who never heard of non-governmental mortgage lenders and didnt know the fact that 50% of all subprime loans originated with them can say he knows what he is talking about. It seems to me that you are the one who has demonstrated partisan beliefs from the outset, and the fact is i have demonstrated that the financial and economic crisis has as its cause a complex set of circumstances which the private markets contributed greatly to. That has absolutely nothing to do with political parties and everything to do with facts.

im glad you find it ironic that i menitioned mr. Schiff. But once again note that the point of my post was about MR. LAFFER and supply side economics which somhow you fail to acknowledge knowing anything about or even commenting about. IF you fail to know anything about supply side economics
    and or non governmental mortgage lenders is it any wonder that people get kind of concerned about the gaps in you knowledge base. oh yeah forgot the one where you didnt even know the Republicans controlled the House, Senate, and Presidency for 6 years during Bush's term or that Bush made his main policy prescription the "ownership society".
    The proof is in the link. It's on tape. Tape never lies. How much did we pay to bail out freddie and fannie? For Julie's sake, if you want to continue, can we at least bail on this thread?

PS - I took economics in grad school. Got an "A". Easy stuff compared to physical chemistry.

09-08-2010, 01:29 PM #156
    The proof is in the link. It's on tape. Tape never lies. How much did we pay to bail out freddie and fannie? For Julie's sake, if you want to continue, can we at least bail on this thread?

PS - I took economics in grad school. Got an "A". Easy stuff compared to physical chemistry.
    Thanks SL, I don"t care what they say, you're a gentleman.
    I agree, a little too cool, too soon.

Julie

Guru
    09-08-2010, 01:36 PM #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Laffer is one of your economic heroes John and yet you offer absolutely NO defense for how wrong he was when it came to understanding the state of our economy. You base your economic "common sense" and "logic" () on that man John. That means your opinions on economics are worth nothing. Be a man. Own up.

Now who is the real dumbass.
    Game. Set. Match. As i was saying.

No dumbass you missed the point totally as usual. Do I really need to go on about all the economist and democrats that believed and said if we only passed the Obama stimulas that we would not go over 8% unemployment. Do I really need to go over all the economist, president and democrats that believed this was the recovery summer.

So if all those democrats (who were suppose to be "in the know" and were warned time and time again) did not know how bad the housing bubble was then how was laffer. Laffer's theory has nothing to do with housing it has everything to do with income tax rates. It was the HOUSING BUBBLE THAT BURST THAT CAUSED THIS DEEP RECESSION!!!!!! NOT THE BUSH TAX CUTS. Fanny and Freddy were the ROOT CAUSE of this deep recession.

The point is, since you feel that way about laffer for not seeing the future in housing, then you also have to feel that every democrat that was saying Fanny and Freddy are doing, "Fine" and "a good job" should be tossed out on there ear, right.

So now here it comes the game ender:

"Orszag: Extend The Bush Tax Cuts"

Yes he is saying ALL of them!!!!!!

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...h-tax-cuts.php

We know you are the dumbass that has been proven time and time again.

That is the game, set, and match, you dumb twit.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-08-2010, 01:52 PM #158
    Hey guys, can we just move on from the August thread?
    Perhaps moving to the political thread would be a nice
    thing to do. And I know you guys are all about being nice.

Thanks,

Julie
    Good try Julie! It sure would be nice to see a little discussion about the company that we all own. That used to be what this thread was for.

Guru
    09-08-2010, 02:09 PM #159

SiriuslyLong do you see how he brings up this:

" i dont understand how someone who never heard of non-governmental mortgage lenders and didnt know the fact that 50% of all subprime loans originated with them can say he knows what he is talking about."

It is clear that it is he that does not get it OR is just blantantly being dishonest. I have told him several times what happen. He ether has forgotten or is dishonest.

ACORN lobbied congress to get banks to make those loans, Congress then told banks they could not get mergers done that they wanted because they were not making enough loans to lower income families. Banks in front of congressional committees, told them they could not make those types of loans because they could not sell them to other larger banks (Fanny and Freddy). That those types of loans would not get passed the current regulations. That is when the DEregulation of Fanny and Freddy came into play. I will also say that many republicans were involved in that deregualtion of Fanny and Freddy. The difference is when it started to look like there was going to be a problem with that, in 2002, 2003, 2004 and in 2006, the republicans told the democrats, wait, wait, wait, stop, stop, stop, because we are going to have a problem if we dont.

So you have to ask yourself is Havasucker that stupid that he does not know that all those banks that originated the loans would eventually have to sell those loans to someone (Fanny or Freddy). OR is he being totally dishonest to think those banks had an endless amount of cash to put into those kinds of loans.

Fact: Almost ALL mortgages are sold off from the bank that originated it.

Fact: Fanney and Freddy bought most of those mortgages.

Legend
    09-08-2010, 02:32 PM #160
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    No dumbass you missed the point totally as usual. Do I really need to go on about all the economist and democrats that believed and said if we only passed the Obama stimulas that we would not go over 8% unemployment. Do I really need to go over all the economist, president and democrats that believed this was the recovery summer.

So if all those democrats (who were suppose to be "in the know" and were warned time and time again) did not know how bad the housing bubble was then how was laffer. Laffer's theory has nothing to do with housing it has everything to do with income tax rates. It was the HOUSING BUBBLE THAT BURST THAT CAUSED THIS DEEP RECESSION!!!!!! NOT THE BUSH TAX CUTS. Fanny and Freddy were the ROOT CAUSE of this deep recession.

The point is, since you feel that way about laffer for not seeing the future in housing, then you also have to feel that every democrat that was saying Fanny and Freddy are doing, "Fine" and "a good job" should be tossed out on there ear, right.

So now here it comes the game ender:

"Orszag: Extend The Bush Tax Cuts"

Yes he is saying ALL of them!!!!!!

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...h-tax-cuts.php

We know you are the dumbass that has been proven time and time again.

That is the game, set, and match, you dumb twit.

John's hero Mr. Laffer in August, 2006

"THE UNITED STATES ECONOMY HAS NEVER BEEN IN BETTER SHAPE"

You really dont know anything about tennis do you? That is defintiely
    GAME. SET. MATCH.

He not only said everything was ok with the US economy but he said that
    "it has never been in better shape" You cant be any more off and he is your
    economic mentor and savoir? Wow. just wow. Check out Paul Krugman and Mr. Roubini's analysis at the time.
    To try to compare this with Democrats being off about the unemployment rate is absolutely embarassing. You really need to take LOGIC 101 again.

Dont worry i will get to the Orszag article and the stuff on stimulus etc.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-08-2010 at 02:35 PM.