Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 176

Thread: Sirius Thread Month of AUGUST 2010

  1. #121
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Im still waiting for S&L to tell me how to proceed. LOL.
    John's hot air is approaching the East coast and its raining insanity.
    And believe me its an awful lot of hot air for someone who believes
    the earth is cooling (another of his brilliant predictions)


    Glad i am providing your entertainment Candleman. It would be nice if
    Siri could clear the dollar mark this week. Not holding my breath
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-02-2010 at 12:18 PM.

  2. #122
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    I knew you'd enjoy the Hot Air comment....LOL It goes for all of us though, not just JOHN.

    SIRI is on a move AGAIN. I think we will see 1.04 by sometime next week. There were some good numbers about housing and jobs out today. That should fuel a short run until the next doom and gloom stories come out, which should be late next week......



    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Im still waiting for S&L to tell me how to proceed. LOL.
    John's hot air is approaching the East coast and its raining insanity.
    And believe me its an awful lot of hot air for someone who believes
    the earth is cooling (another of his brilliant predictions)


    Glad i am providing your entertainment Candleman. It would be nice if
    Siri could clear the dollar mark this week. Not holding my breath

  3. #123
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Im still waiting for S&L to tell me how to proceed. LOL.
    John's hot air is approaching the East coast and its raining insanity.
    And believe me its an awful lot of hot air for someone who believes
    the earth is cooling (another of his brilliant predictions)


    Glad i am providing your entertainment Candleman. It would be nice if
    Siri could clear the dollar mark this week. Not holding my breath
    I was busy this morning. Had a conference call to review a plastic part design. Interesting stuff they can do these days. I so much want my children to study design in some fashion. It must be totally rewarding to look at something and say I made it (or part of it). All this and I even took the day off to putz around and get some things done.

    Today was supposed to be a down 3 cent day, and so far it's green. Maybe SIRI is breaking out of this pattern?

  4. #124
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Sounds good S&L. Both my wife and me are involved peripherally in the design world and we definitely find it very rewarding.

    S&L i have been waiting all last night and today for your answer.
    So what do you think i should do S&L? Should i continue to respond to John's political diatribes here (since he wont comment in the politics thread) or should
    i just ignore them and keep posting in Politics thread?

    I await your answer with bated breath.

  5. #125
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Sounds good S&L. Both my wife and me are involved peripherally in the design world and we definitely find it very rewarding.

    S&L i have been waiting all last night and today for your answer.
    So what do you think i should do S&L? Should i continue to respond to John's political diatribes here (since he wont comment in the politics thread) or should
    i just ignore them and keep posting in Politics thread?

    I await your answer with bated breath.
    You do what you want to do LOL. Don't wait on me. I don't want anyone accusing me of being "authoritative".

  6. #126
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Somehow i knew you were going to say that. lol. I thought maybe from you earlier comment about "hijacking the thread" you might have had a strong point of view. Hmmm, interesting. Oh well....
    Also thought you had an issue with pomposity. Wonder why you give a pass to the biggest pompose ass on this website. You know who i am talking about so dont play coy.
    Good day.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-02-2010 at 05:38 PM.

  7. #127
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Somehow i knew you were going to say that. lol. I thought from you earlier comment about "hijacking the thread" you might have had a strong point of view. Hmmm, interesting. Oh well....
    Also thought you had an issue with pomposity. Wonder why you give a pass to the biggest pompose ass on this website. You know who i am talking about so dont play coy.
    Good day.
    Well, I used logic and common sense. Follow along. Since I hold the belief that the government f's up everything and you support government; then clearly you must be culpable for f'ing up this thread. See? Logic and common sense Lloyd.

  8. #128
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Yes, thats good logic and common sense.
    How could i possibly disagree.

  9. #129
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Hey S&L is it ok if i respond to John's political diatribe in the Siri xm stock thread or should i answer it in a new thread i start in POLITICS?

    There is SO MUCH DISHONESTY in his answers that i am chomping at the bit.
    He has thrown so much Junk and crap at the wall just hoping that something would stick.
    It would take a month to uncover all the BS. Totally misrepresented my positions on the
    market etc.

    John i give you historical facts and figures and you give all of us vodoo economic theory. The laffer curve is a theory and its been debunked many times over.

    The FACT is that you still havent come close to answering my 2 specific questions no matter what you say. i detect fear of being pinned down. Par for the course John. You always refuse to answer
    questions and put off people by asking them to look elswhere for your answers when you know its nowhere to be found. You've done that on more than one occasion John. People dont forget.

    Just simply answer the questions John for all to see. What are you afraid of? I mean if you are so confident of your predictions put it down here "again" lol.

    1.IF the Bush tax cuts are rescinded for only the top 2% then tell me what going over the
    "cliff" in the market means and please tell us for how long (days, weeks, months) the market
    will stay there.

    2.When and (IF) they raise the capital gains tax (5%) tell us about the market "carnage" YOU
    predicted. Give us specifics about how much the market will tank and for how long (days, weeks,
    Months).

    Its not hard john. You could probably do it in less than 5 minutes. Show a little integrity.


    Once again here are the dates and the figures of what happen, FROM THE POST I PUT UP (Yes I know Havasucker considers HISTORY vodoo. He is a progressive and therefore, they need history to be considered vodoo because history has proven, EVERY TIME progressive, liberial ideas are tried they fail terribly):

    "Since 1978, the U.S. has cut the highest marginal earned-income tax rate to 35% from 50%, the highest capital gains tax rate to 15% from about 50%, and the highest dividend tax rate to 15% from 70%.

    President Clinton cut the highest marginal tax rate on long-term capital gains from the sale of owner-occupied homes to 0% for almost all home owners. We’ve also cut just about every other income tax rate as well.

    During this era of ubiquitous tax cuts, income tax receipts from the top 1% of income earners rose to 3.3% of GDP in 2007 (the latest year for which we have data) from 1.5% of GDP in 1978. Income tax receipts from the bottom 95% of income earners fell to 3.2% of GDP from 5.4% of GDP over the same time period.

    When President Kennedy cut the highest income tax rate to 70% from 91%, revenues also rose. Income tax receipts from the top 1% of income earners rose to 1.9% of GDP in 1968 from 1.3% in 1960.


    When President Kennedy cut the highest income tax rate to 70% from 91%, revenues also rose. Income tax receipts from the top 1% of income earners rose to 1.9% of GDP in 1968 from 1.3% in 1960.

    Using many of the same arguments that Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are using today, President Hoover raised the highest personal income tax rate to 63% from 24% on Jan. 1, 1932. He raised many other taxes as well.

    President Roosevelt then debauched the dollar with the 1933 Bank Holiday Act and his soak-the-rich tax increase on Jan. 1, 1936. He raised the highest personal income tax rate to 79% from 63% along with a whole host of other corporate and personal tax rates as well.

    The U.S. economy went into a double dip depression, with unemployment rates rising again to 20% in 1938. Over the course of the Great Depression, the government raised the top marginal personal income tax rate to 83% from 24%.

    Is it any wonder that the Great Depression was as long and deep as it was? Whoever heard of a country taxing itself into prosperity? Not only did taxes as a share of GDP fall, but GDP fell as well. It was a double whammy. Tax receipts from the top 1% of income earners stayed flat as a share of GDP, going to 1% in 1940 from 1.1% in 1928, but at what cost?


    NOW THOSE ARE FACTS OF HISTORY. It is a simple cause and effect.



    As for your questions and to prove I already answerd them (and that you are a dumb twit) goto:

    post 38

    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=4255&page=4

    AND

    post 61

    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=4255&page=7

    AND AGAIN IN

    post 74 (Goto paragraph 4 for the difference between ESP and common sense/logic and the difference between specific numbers/dates and trends. Goto paragraph 6 to see a perfect example of you being A dumb twit by not getting what I told to you.)

    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=4255&page=8

  10. #130
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I hope everyone remembers that John is the one who said he would "NEVER"
    debate me because he has won all the arguments already. LMFAO. You cant make this stuff up.
    I quess that has now become i will only debate politics with you in the siri xm stock thread. LOL.

    Just for a hint of whats to come.
    Here is an example of where John takes my argument and tries to change to a completely different subject.
    My argument was that john always talks about the "first Bush recession" (by which i meant
    the first recession he had to deal with in office) and conveniently ignore the 2nd Bush recession (which by the wayis the 2nd worst recession in US history and together with the financial collapse has led us to be in these very dire economic circumstances) as though it doesnt exist (ok that was a slight exaggeration. He ususally just deals with it by blaming it all on the Dems. LOL) John turns this into a argument about whether the 1st recession was Bush's or not. A total turn away from what i was discussing. Classic john to get you to look the other way.

    The funny thing is that on his argument about the first bush recession he gets it wrong according to even some Republican economists.
    Here is how the National Bureau of Economic Research talks about that recession.

    "The National Bureau pf Economic research group (Martin Feldstein Republican economist is on their board), a research group that marks the dates of economic recessions and expansions, and which ignores GDP data when defining business cycles, MAINTAINS that the recession didnt begin until MARCH 2001."

    I didnt say it or argue it even but the National bureau of Economic Research did. Now here is what economist John says about that recession "We KNOW it started WAY before that (beginning of Bush's term)". I quess it depends what the defintion of the word "WAY" is?

    The point: He cant even get the facts right about an argument of his own making.

    Once again another lie. Please pull up the link???????? Once again you cant even be honest with yourself, What I said is that, I would not debate you in the political thread because no one reads your crap and only when I post there does it get anyone really reading it but that as long as you start to bring it here into the main SIRIXM thread I would until someone stops it because this thread gets read alot and I would be there to show what a twit you are (and yes I also said not only that I have proved you wrong in all of them but that you constantly ask me to repeat things I have already told you several times, there comes a point where it is a waste of time even for me and I am retired). Now while I have responded to you ONCE in the political thread, that was not a debate that was me destroying you again with one post done in three parts (had to because the copied article would not fit on one post).

    As a recap: Havasucker was so proud that he found ONE skeptic that switched sides on "man made global warming" So I just had to show him the mutidude of scientist that have switched from being believers in "man made global warming" TO SKEPTIC. The list (with why each switched) WAS SO LONG, that I could not fit it on one post.


    As for the recession arguement, it really is not even a good arguement because once again you lie in it. The premise you build your whole arguement on was that I never talk about the 2nd one, which is totally false, anyone that has followed my post knows I have talked about that (even with you) SEVERAL TIMES. Second point to that is you in the passed have blamed Bush for BOTH, so how else is someone to take it. That you suddenly change your opinion on that. well IF SO, please post one link where you did not blame Bush for both.

    Now once again where is the link or at least why dont you pull the whole qoute. You see havasucker why you suck at debating because you think you wont get caught. like people cant remember what was wrote OR wont go back a few post to see for themselves OR I wont do it for them. This is why your type (dumb liberials) cant win arguements anymore. It is like you dont realize your dumbassed comments have been recorded and can be pulled back up.


    So here it is post 114 (take a look at havasuckers qoute (THE P.S. PART) and then look at where I did a MY P.S. You will see I answered it without defering the subject).

    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...t=4255&page=12


    You see havasucker you cant even tell the truth if your life depended on it because your to stupid.

    Here is a direct qoute:

    "I love how he wants to blame Bush for the recession that OFFIALLY started LESS then 2 months into Bushs FIRST term. Yes I say that because as we know it started way before that and even that twit cannot blame Bush for a recession that started LESS then TWO MONTHS INTO HIS OR ANYONES TERM."


    So did you get the part where I said, "LESS then TWO MONTHS INTO HIS OR ANYONES TERM." Bush was sworn into office on January 20th of 2001, March of 2001, was the official start of the recession. What, cant you count OR dont you know which order the months come in.

    Now as for the recession,we all know Bush warned about it in 2000 while he was running (you know when the MSM was saying it was bad form for a person running for president to say such things while running)

    Ho what the hell I will pull it up for you:

    "Eight years ago, when President-elect Bush warned about a coming recession, he was attacked for "talking down the economy." So where are the complaints about President-elect Obama's dire forecast? At a press conference in December 2000, when Bush announced his pick for Treasury secretary, a reporter asked if he was "concerned" about "talking down our economy" to make "the possibility of tax relief more real."

    http://brookesnews.com/080112obamamediaeconomy.html

    "Bush Mentions Recession In 2000, Gets Ripped A New One. Obama Dogs Economy For Months, Gets Free Pass As We Go Belly Up"

    http://www.just-a-regular-guy.com/20...pass-as-usual/



    So now who was it that cant get facts right. Humm thats right I said, less then two months after Bush took office. Sooooooo, Is it a fact that March is less then two months away from January 20th. What world are you living in havasucker??????? Here on planet earth the sky is blue when there are no cloulds. LMFAO (and yes once again Havasucker doesn't have a clue as to why)
    Last edited by john; 09-03-2010 at 02:10 PM.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •