Legend
    07-12-2010, 04:42 PM #1

Mid Term Elections

Just a ltttle bit of information to demonstrate the truth about midterm elections for john. Over the last 17 mid term elections the party out of power picked up an average of 28 seats in House. Is just a well known fact. Of course there are always exceptions.

For Example under Bush DEMOCRATS RETAKE CONGRESS in 2006 midterm elections

Democrats went from 44 Senate seats to 51. Democrats went from 201 seats to 233 seats in the House of Representatives.

Democrats took control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate for the first time in a dozen years in the 2006 midterm elections, and President Bush and top Democrats quickly promised to get along despite a rancorous campaign.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 07-13-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    07-12-2010, 06:03 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Just a ltttle bit of information to demonstrate the truth about midterm elections for john. Over the last 17 mid term elections the party out of power picked up an average of 28 seats in House. Is just a well known fact. Of course there are always exceptions.

For Example under Bush DEMOCRATS RETAKE CONGRESS in 2006 midterm elections

Democrats went from 44 Senate seats to 51. Democrats went from 201 seats to 233 seats.

Democrats took control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate for the first time in a dozen years in the 2006 midterm elections, and President Bush and top Democrats quickly promised to get along despite a rancorous campaign.
    Hey you twit....
    Didn't John tell you that nobody reads your crap??? He can't be wrong! You posted this over 90 minutes ago and so far it's been hit 8 times. Now that is truly an idicator that nobody pays attention to what you have to say. Now, get a life!!!!!

Lloyd, I just had to say that. All in good humor and I know you get it.

Chuck

Legend
    07-13-2010, 12:36 AM #3
    i needed to be reminded of what john has to say like a hole in the head.
    LOL
    I always appreicate a sense of humor. Thanks Chuck.

Somehow in his twisted logic debating politics on the stock thread makes more sense than over her on the politics thread. Of course he also told me over and over again how he would never debate me again period.

Legend
    07-13-2010, 10:46 AM #4
    Over the last 19 elections going back to 1934 (76 years) only twice have political parties in power increased their seats in both the House and Senate. In other words its extremely rare.

So johns "amazing" prediction, including a self congratulatory pat on his back, with regards to Republicans growing their seats in this years midterm election is just plain silliness.

I love the quote about "people like Havasucker (that's me in John's engish)"
    were predicting Dems would pick up seats. I never said it because it runs counter to history. But then i quess he just had to put my name in there cause he adores me so much.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 07-13-2010 at 10:48 AM.