Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: Market Watch - Week July 10, 2010

  1. #71
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Back in Alaska tonight, the heat and smog of Cali is not my cup of tea. Decided to close out my positions in SIRI....took at nice hefty profit, was avg at around .12 on most of it, decided to play some other stocks.

    Check out LBSR...the potential is huge on this one. The company is in my neck of the woods. It's a gold, copper and uranium junior mining company with very promising claims in Alaska and Arizona. Research The Pebble Mine Project and you'll be impressd with the size of this find. Liberty has claims that are adjacent to this and have JV'ed with Northern Dynasty on a portion of it's claims. Once the politics plays out on this, it will happen. Alaskans have always been in support of resource development as long as it's done responsibly.

    Just thought I'd throw out this to contribute something to the board.

    Later Guys and Gals!!!!!
    Hey AG,

    That's why we call it "Smell -A". It's much nicer up north ... Way to go on the old blue dog, ironically, I sold off the last 500 shares Monday as well. It was a nice run with the long term tax to boot.

    Will have to follow up on LBSR, it's vaguely familiar ... KATX has been real good to me, drill results are coming anytime, management (Ken Stead) is top notch ...

    MMUH, this may be worth throwing a couple bucks at right now if you haven't raided the couch in awhile. I had given it up for dead when someone came in and took it over. It should pop here in the not too distant future is my expectation, new management, new website supposedly ... After sinking about 1,200 bucks in it (another late to the party dealio) I was able to drastically avg. down yesterday for a mere 150 bucks - It's siting at a ripe 0.0003 right now. (My avg. is sightly higher, .0013 I think)

  2. #72
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Hi -

    Haven't been trading for a while, busy trying to move. What's up everyone? I just read the last post here from alaska - digging the pattern on this lbsr... it's a pennant - and looks like it'll break one way or another by tomorrow, or the next couple days. Hopefully north for you Alaska. Anyway, off to bed, gotta do a lot more crap for the move.
    Dr.D! Good to hear from you again!

    Moving ... Ugh. Enough said, my condolences ...

  3. #73
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Bill is BACK!
    Think he has a Listerine hangover ...

  4. #74
    Alaska Guy is offline
    Senior Member
    Alaska Guy's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Anchorage, AK. Posts: 367
    Hey LT

    If you happen to find a few bucks in the couch, LBSR is trading at around 2 cents, not bad for a company who's claims lay adjacent to proven Copper, gold and other minerals resources in the Pebble Project.

    If your interested in reading up on the Pebble Project...here's the link.....

    http://www.pebblepartnership.com/project

    If the project goes forward...IMO it has significant impact to LBSR because of the JV with Northern Dynasty, who happens to be one of only two companies vested in the Pebble Project.

    This is long term play for me, although I'm up 18% today!!!

    I'd invest in Northern Dynasty (NDM/NAK) but there a 7 dollar stock right now. The other partner in the mine is Anglo American, but they trade primarily on the london exchange, but did find they trade on the pinks (AAUKY) at around 20 bucks.
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 08-04-2010 at 01:08 PM.

  5. #75
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Andy, LT,

    Great move on getting out of SIRI.

    I think it's hit a nice trading range for now. I've been buying at 95 cents and selling at 1.05. I've been able to do this a few times in the last 2 months.

    I think SIRI is still a good stock to hold, but it's even better to trade on while it's sitting in this zone for right now.

    Chuck

  6. #76
    Alaska Guy is offline
    Senior Member
    Alaska Guy's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Anchorage, AK. Posts: 367

    :(

    Yeah it was a sad day when I sold my last 3k shrs of SIRI, but it was a fun and profitable ride!!! I'll be back in some day, but for now I need
    to crawl outta the hole I dug myself in with these pinks!!!

    I think I gotta a good bunch of stocks now!!!! I noticed that I'm heavily vested in the Q and a handful of other mineral resource stocks now. I even bought back into algea (BEHL).

    Now it's a waiting game. I got nothing but time now & I don't need the money. Plus our annual permanent fund dividend from the states share of our oil royalties are due in a few months.

    Life is good, although it's rainy outside!!!

  7. #77
    Dr. Dave is offline
    Mentor
    Dr. Dave's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2009 Location: SD Posts: 1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Hey LT

    If you happen to find a few bucks in the couch, LBSR is trading at around 2 cents, not bad for a company who's claims lay adjacent to proven Copper, gold and other minerals resources in the Pebble Project.

    If your interested in reading up on the Pebble Project...here's the link.....

    http://www.pebblepartnership.com/project

    If the project goes forward...IMO it has significant impact to LBSR because of the JV with Northern Dynasty, who happens to be one of only two companies vested in the Pebble Project.

    This is long term play for me, although I'm up 18% today!!!

    I'd invest in Northern Dynasty (NDM/NAK) but there a 7 dollar stock right now. The other partner in the mine is Anglo American, but they trade primarily on the london exchange, but did find they trade on the pinks (AAUKY) at around 20 bucks.
    Pennant broke north on that LBSR - glad you have it, should ride up from here.
    Positions: Change so often, it's no longer useful to update this...

  8. #78
    Dr. Dave is offline
    Mentor
    Dr. Dave's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2009 Location: SD Posts: 1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Dr.D! Good to hear from you again!

    Moving ... Ugh. Enough said, my condolences ...
    yeah, I'm starting my first day of work next monday up north, and im at the point now, that im just driving up my pickup with a few things, then coming back for the uhaul trip
    Positions: Change so often, it's no longer useful to update this...

  9. #79
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    yeah, I'm starting my first day of work next monday up north, and im at the point now, that im just driving up my pickup with a few things, then coming back for the uhaul trip
    Dave,
    Gold sure is still staying strong. How have your gold investments been working out for you?

    Chuck

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •