Page 3 of 8 12345 ...
    Guru
    07-19-2010, 09:47 AM #21
    The market in summary.

Of the companies that have reported so far, about 75% have beaten earnings expectations and 71% have topped revenue forecasts.

"In general, earnings season has been better than what had been expected, and it seems that this hasn't been priced into the market yet, while the fear of a double-dip recession has been priced in," said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at Jefferies & Co.

"We're stuck in a tug-of-war between these two forces, but since the economic calendar is pretty light today, it looks like we're going to rebound as investors focus more on earnings," he added.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/19/mark...kets/index.htm
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 07-19-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    07-19-2010, 12:18 PM #22
    LT, I have come to find that reading the shrub is even MORE fun then MAD Magazine. I mean it would be really hard to make that stuff up.

QASP is up 13% or so right now. This can be a daytraders dream come true, if you have the spare change and the guts to do it.

I still TOTALLY beleive in the company. It's no fun watching the price tank like it has, but we saw that with SIRI and that story turned out pretty well in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Chuck, if you are out there, I also follwed your lead and sent a email of appreciation to IR yesterday, interestingly they responded back later on last night ...

I took something of a day and a half sabbatical as my teeth were hurting from all the griting ... - Have you noticed the ban list over there suddenly expanded the last several days? And of course none of those are liars or thieves ...

So where else to go to find sentiment of the recently incarcerated? Why, the jailhouse of course! For the moment, it is relatively quiet but came across a couple of interesting posts and one from their admin:

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=52403061

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=52404124

As you are well aware, you have to do the tap dance and make sure nothing is 'personal' when posting there, still am honing those skills, biding my time, lurking in the shadows, waiting for those opportune moments to strike ...

Guru
    07-20-2010, 12:24 AM #23
    Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. Announces Intent to Sue Alleged Stock Manipulators and IHUB, and Announces the Setting of the Annual Shareholders Meeting

JACKSONVILLE, FL, Jul 16, 2010 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) ----Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: QASP) -- The Board of Directors of Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. met in a special session on July 15, 2010. After consultation with both our securities and general counsel, the Board unanimously approved authorization for the CEO, Dean Bradley, to retain a special litigation law firm to sue a number of alleged stock manipulators and IHUB for alleged stock manipulation and slander.

In addition, the Board set the time and date for the Annual Meeting as October 8, 2010 at 12:00 P.M. (E.S.T.). The Annual Meeting location shall be at Deerwood Country Club in Jacksonville, Florida. Further instructions will be delivered soon.

There will be a conference call at 4:00 P.M. on Tuesday, July 20, 2010. The call coordinates will be announced in a Press Release on Monday, July 19, 2010.
    Watching this is worth the price of admission!

Guru
    07-21-2010, 11:13 PM #24

wow...a ghost town

I can see the sagebrush blowing through here...........and I can hear the wind whistling in the flying dust......

07-22-2010, 08:46 PM #25
    Lol....still here!!!!!

Guru
    07-22-2010, 11:19 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Lol....still here!!!!!
    Good, Andy, I thought maybe I chased everybody off......

I hope that you are having a great evening!

Enthusiast
    07-23-2010, 08:30 AM #27

You've got company

Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Good, Andy, I thought maybe I chased everybody off......

I hope that you are having a great evening!
    Hey Bill:

We're still around, but with temps here in the Carolinas of 100 degrees with 'feels like' temps in the 110 range.....we ain't exertin' much energy!

Have a great weekend!

Sandy

Mentor
    07-23-2010, 08:49 AM #28
    Hey Bill,

Still here ... New puter (Nice!) ... I was blown away how simply it all set up ...

I may yet recoup from MMUH after all (Kudo's to you guys for the adgae about hanging in there with some of these, how they almost always come back sooner or later) -

LONDON, July 22, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — MMUH (Pink Sheets:MMUH – News) announces today its acquisition of Enable Software, a comprehensive systems/technology developer with white label solutions for clients that provide streamlined, turnkey solutions for various hosted email management platforms, each with specific needs.

A Board Resolution has been filed appointing Enable founders David Lovatt and Daniel Jenkins as MMUH CEO and Senior Vice President respectively. Jenkins comments on the acquisition: “This is an exciting time for us as Mobile Media Unlimited Holdings has taken on active revenue streams with a solid client base worldwide, including a Hong Kong based client, VClouds, a European provider, and a brand new Australian based customer for whom Enable created a hosted email management system for their 20,000+ users.”

The company is currently working diligently toward the launch of its new corporate website which will feature a crisp, clean interface with a well-branded home page, service outlay for clients, investor relations, press and an executive bio and contact page.

MMUH will also be releasing a corporate services overview in the coming days to better define its overall strategy and source of revenue streams. Concurrently, MMUH is compiling necessary documents and information to post on www.OTCMarkets.com toward an upgrade in information tier toward overall transparency and accessibility for both new and prospective shareholders. News, progress and updates will be issued primarily via press release in a timely matter.

“We look forward to bringing shareholder value to MMUH with our extensive technology in a world where email management systems are becoming more and more valued by companies everywhere, large and small,” states Jenkins. “Statistics have proven that customers need to hear about a product or service 7 to 9 times before they actually make the decision to buy something. Considering this in line with emails being one of the most effective, cost-efficient ways to reach targeted customers online, investing in proper email management software is nearly indispensable, and today’s progressive companies recognize this.”

Guru
    07-23-2010, 04:02 PM #29
    Hey Bill,

Still here ... New puter (Nice!) ... I was blown away how simply it all set up ...

I may yet recoup from MMUH after all (Kudo's to you guys for the adgae about hanging in there with some of these, how they almost always come back sooner or later) -

LONDON, July 22, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — MMUH (Pink Sheets:MMUH – News) announces today its acquisition of Enable Software, a comprehensive systems/technology developer with white label solutions for clients that provide streamlined, turnkey solutions for various hosted email management platforms, each with specific needs.

A Board Resolution has been filed appointing Enable founders David Lovatt and Daniel Jenkins as MMUH CEO and Senior Vice President respectively. Jenkins comments on the acquisition: “This is an exciting time for us as Mobile Media Unlimited Holdings has taken on active revenue streams with a solid client base worldwide, including a Hong Kong based client, VClouds, a European provider, and a brand new Australian based customer for whom Enable created a hosted email management system for their 20,000+ users.”

The company is currently working diligently toward the launch of its new corporate website which will feature a crisp, clean interface with a well-branded home page, service outlay for clients, investor relations, press and an executive bio and contact page.

MMUH will also be releasing a corporate services overview in the coming days to better define its overall strategy and source of revenue streams. Concurrently, MMUH is compiling necessary documents and information to post on www.OTCMarkets.com toward an upgrade in information tier toward overall transparency and accessibility for both new and prospective shareholders. News, progress and updates will be issued primarily via press release in a timely matter.

“We look forward to bringing shareholder value to MMUH with our extensive technology in a world where email management systems are becoming more and more valued by companies everywhere, large and small,” states Jenkins. “Statistics have proven that customers need to hear about a product or service 7 to 9 times before they actually make the decision to buy something. Considering this in line with emails being one of the most effective, cost-efficient ways to reach targeted customers online, investing in proper email management software is nearly indispensable, and today’s progressive companies recognize this.”
    Mum mum mum mmuh
    Mum mum mum mmuh
    Mum mum mum mmuh
    Mum mum mum mmuh
    Mum mum mum mmuh

(or something like that)

A new computer, eh? What did you get?
    Last edited by billhart22; 07-23-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I don't need a reason.

Guru
    07-24-2010, 01:13 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Hey Bill:

We're still around, but with temps here in the Carolinas of 100 degrees with 'feels like' temps in the 110 range.....we ain't exertin' much energy!

Have a great weekend!

Sandy
    It has been in the nineties here, but with that Carolina swamp humidity, it must feel like 140. I was down in South Carolina when I was in the Marine Corps. I was there about 9 months after I finished boot camp and Infantry Training in California.

I worked in the building where the recruits first got off of the bus and put their feet on the yellow footprints. That was their first encounter with a Drill Instructor (which I wasn't), but that was the point where their whole life changed within a minute or two.

Anyway, it was always hotter than hell there.....the bugs, the humidity and the swamps drove me nuts. Everything was built to go over and through swamps. The town outside Parris Island was Beaufort. This was back in the sixties, so you can just imagine what it was like. It wasn't a good sight.

I asked for Hash Browns and gravy with some eggs and they didn't know what Hash Browns were, but the had grits (which I love now). I didn't know what grits were and didn't want to find out, so I ordered French Fries with gravy on them. They thought I was a Yankee and nuts.

anyway.........

Shabbat Shalom,

Bill

Page 3 of 8 12345 ...