Page 1 of 8 123 ...
    Guru
    07-11-2010, 01:17 AM #1

Market Watch - Week July 10, 2010

I got my woody on tonight! I haven't started a new thread in quite a while....anyway...

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.

Mentor
    07-11-2010, 07:21 PM #2
    Bill

Your disclaimer is very misleading...should read...We are all dumb asses that post hear...Do not...buy...consider buying...or...even think about buying...any stock that we discuss...with your hard earned cash...your kids piggy bank...your wife's inheritance...your mothers CD's...or any F'ing change that you find in the sofa cushions...cause if you do...just remember...we told you not too...your wife will kill you...your children will hate you...your mother will dis-own you...and the sofa will stick a spring up your ass!

What do you think!

JS
    Last edited by just sirius; 07-11-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: cant spell worth a shite

07-11-2010, 10:53 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

Your disclaimer is very misleading...should read...We are all dumb asses that post hear...Do not...buy...consider buying...or...even think about buying...any stock that we discuss...with your hard earned cash...your kids piggy bank...your wife's inheritance...your mothers CD's...or any F'ing change that you find in the sofa cushions...cause if you do...just remember...we told you not too...your wife will kill you...your children will hate you...your mother will dis-own you...and the sofa will stick a spring up your ass!

What do you think!

JS
    LOL
    I think you've managed to keep your sense of humor through all
    the pain.
    Thanks Jeff.

Julie

Mentor
    07-11-2010, 10:58 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

What do you think!

JS
    LOL !!!!

Life imitating ... life. Or truth in advertising ... One of those. Actually, should add Chuck's addendum from the last thread ... "Whatever we recommend, but something else!"

Ah, it's nice to see you guys coming back in here, the tail end of last months thread (Bill, we are lazy bastages, if you hadn't come back we probably would have just titled the next one "Yearly thread - 2010" and been done with it) had some good material ...

Anyone hear from Bass? Sean? ...

KATX - We get our divy\distibution shares this week. Last chance for the freebies is .... probably Tuesday to be on the safe side - It's a 1 for 4 deal. One share of BVIG (Soon to be KATG) for every 4 of KATX held thru the 16th. A lot of speculation about the cut off, so to be on the safe side, Tuesday would be the best bet. Of course I realize you are all just scrounging the couch as I speak looking to get in on this .... I just like to hear myself type, so ...

On the serious side ... Really like this company, they have been straight shooters, so much so that it almost seems suspicious being in pinkie land. I would buy it even at this price, if everything wasn't tied up in ...

The mighty Q - It has been absolutely brutal on the shrub. Been talking with a couple of the mods ... The scum of the earth dwells there, truly. A man dies and some of these tools want to make sport of it, spin it into conspiracy theories ... I won't get started.

SIRI - Down to my last 1k shares. Had to sell some last week to pay some bills, need a new computer. It should definetly hit that $1.35 mark now. It's been a great stock for me, a great learning experience and now I am using that knowledge to ... chase after an Aerospace conglomerate?

Everything is else dormant, boring ... waiting on the ever elusive 'news'.

CCTC - Forgot I had this! Which reminds me, where's Mr. Crabs?

WOLV - Still have this on my radar, another Jr. mining play - It's come down a bit, might be worth checking into ...

Mentor
    07-12-2010, 01:12 AM #5
    LT

'Bass is playing in a huge poker tourney I think! He posted on another site that he was heavy into poker and no time for the markets. said he will be back after poker tourney!

Thanks for selling your Siri...I could really use that pop to $1.35 right about now! Have been telling Bill that I plan on buying some property in southern Colorado...but everytime the sp gets close to my sell target...F'ing bottom falls out!

Julie- still trying to keep my sense of humor...things still up and down around here...if you know what I mean!

Jeff

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    07-12-2010, 11:23 AM #6
    Someone asked last week about any new ideas.

While I'm waiting for my AIRSHIP to come in, I'd like to re suggest three of my alltime favorites.

Sprint (S) is about 4.30 these days and it's still in a nice trading range. As always I say try and buy below 4.2 and sell after you've made your 10%. This cycle can be repeated several times a year.

JetBlue (JBLU) is trading around 5.80 right now. If you can get in near 5.60, ride it for your 10% and repeat just like Sprint.

Sirius (SIRI) has been stuck in this 90 cent to a dollar ten range for quite awhile. Once again, buy it when you can for 95 cents and jump out after 10%. This has been a steady play for the last 3 months.

It's 85 and sunny at the beach today. The ocean is about 80 degrees now, so it's barely refreshing to jump into the darn thing!!!! LOL I have a feeling I shouldn't complain about this...LOL

Guru
    07-12-2010, 02:22 PM #7

Monday, Monday

Well, I certainly cannot answer all those comments....they are pretty f'kn' good! Jeff, that was hilarious!

I just finished making some home-made Bagels. I made egg Bagels this time. Last time I made cinnamon / raisin, but it was time for a little change. I put Peanut butter and Honey on one of them. Now I have the "Honey" rushes!

I have to work on my website today. Also, I have three trees in the yard that need to be cut down. Maybe I will fire up the old chainsaw and see if I can't cut my arm or leg off. Actually, I stand far away as I can from that thing. I'm not scared of it, but I give it full attention and respect it.

There are a couple of calls that I need to make also, so I have enough to keep myself busy for the day.

I just checked my stocks and I am only 3100 in the hole right now........

Anyways, it is about time for Andy to get up, so "Hello Andy!"

Big Sandy, if you are lurking about, send me your email address.

Shalom,

Bill

07-12-2010, 03:57 PM #8

Mornin Bill and Gang!

Just back from a 3 day fishing trip and tired as hell. Trying to get through the day, will be out again for 4 days dipnetting for sockeye salmon. Nothings change on the stock front, just holding like many of you. My acct has seen greener days.

Glad to see you back Bill!!!

Guru
    07-13-2010, 08:52 AM #9
    Alcoa beat estimates. Get used to it. Earnings are going to be pretty good this quarter despite the gloom and doom of the world economy.

Mentor
    07-15-2010, 11:31 PM #10

Q News

JACKSONVILLE, FL, Jul 15, 2010 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Quasar Aerospace
    Industries, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: QASP)

The following is a joint statement from the Chairman of Mineseeker Overseas
    Operations, LTD, Michael Kendrick, and the Chairman and CEO of Quasar Aerospace
    Industries, Inc., Dean Bradley:

Company Communication

Mineseeker Operations is concerned that persons representing themselves as
    Quasar shareholders are going to unreasonable lengths to obtain confidential and
    business sensitive information and putting this in the public domain. Mineseeker
    Operations will not comment on the business relationship between themselves and
    Quasar for obvious legal reasons. Requests are also being made of the Mineseeker
    Operations suppliers, staff and the Government authorities. Mineseeker has no
    way of validating if these enquiries come from Quasar shareholders or, in fact,
    competitors purporting to be shareholders.

Negotiations with suppliers and foreign Government departments are complex and
    can be of a confidential and sensitive nature. Our suppliers and Government
    departments consider this level of enquiry to be unethical and unprofessional.
    It is damaging to the reputation of Mineseeker and Quasar. Many of the comments
    on the Quasar investment forums, which are in the public domain, are at best
    speculative and in many cases inaccurate and misleading. It is apparent that
    some are designed deliberately to damage the progress and reputation of Quasar
    and Mineseeker Operations.

This type of action is also harming the relationship of Mineseeker Operations
    and Quasar. We assume that the comments are coming from persons who have a
    vested interest in seeing the project fail. It seems unlikely that anyone with a
    financial interest in Quasar would become involved in such a destructive
    activity. It would not make sense.

Indeed, enquiries have been made of friends and colleagues seeking to validate
    the sudden and tragic death of the CEO of one of our suppliers. This is
    distasteful and unethical in the extreme.

Both Quasar and Mineseeker Operations reserve the right to take action against
    any individual or organisation that damages the reputation of either company
    and/or publishes inaccurate or misleading statements about their business.
    Furthermore, Quasar and Mineseeker will act against any person engaged in
    tortious interference in either of the company's business affairs.

We will be posting a password protected web page on the Mineseeker web site in a
    few days. This will allow people with a legitimate interest in the business to
    access information on the company. However, information that is deemed to be
    commercially confidential will not be published. We ask all Quasar shareholders
    and others to respect the normal practice of proper business communications, and
    support what is a potentially lifesaving business endeavor on a global scale.

Page 1 of 8 123 ...