Legend
    07-08-2010, 10:56 AM #1

Fed draws up Strickest standards for Marketing Junk Food to Kids

I wonder S&L if that is something you support or oppose?
    I would put this in the category of one more thing that the Obama administration is tackling. i believe this is good for our kids and our society.
    Did you see yesterdays post about Veterans? Yet another thing tackled
    by this administration. They are on quite a pace in my opinion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_639100.html
    Last edited by Havakasha; 07-08-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Guru
    07-08-2010, 12:56 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I wonder S&L if that is something you support or oppose?
    I would put this in the category of one more thing that the Obama administration is tackling. i believe this is good for our kids and our society.
    Did you see yesterdays post about veterans? Another thing tackled
    by this administration. They are on quite a pace in my opinion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_639100.html
    Fox Business News just covered it. Evidently, the fed is giving stores money to carry fresh fruits and vegetables. Sounds good, but if people wanted them, the stores would already have them. So what's going to happen to shelves of fresh fruit and vegetables that no one wants?? It's certainly a good intention, but I think education is more important. For example, my soon to be 9 year old daughter scolded me for drinking a red bull.

Legend
    07-08-2010, 01:06 PM #3
    Glad to see you can see some befit to it. We are also talking about marketing "sugar meals" to kids.
    Education is good. Regulations are necessary as well. Personal responsibility important. Good for your kid.

It doesnt automatically follow that stores have what people want. People dont always know to ask for what they want and dont often have choices of places to shop.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 07-08-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Guru
    07-08-2010, 05:53 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Glad to see you can see some befit to it. We are also talking about marketing "sugar meals" to kids.
    Education is good. Regulations are necessary as well. Personal responsibility important. Good for your kid.

It doesnt automatically follow that stores have what people want. People dont always know to ask for what they want and dont often have choices of places to shop.
    C'mon now. When presented with choices.... Did you see the TV series where Jamie Oliver went to Huntington, WV to school them on healthy eating?? Man was that painful, but interesting. People just don't get it. No clue. I wonder how much really set in.

Legend
    07-09-2010, 12:00 AM #5
    Well i certainly agree that a lot of people dont know what healthy food is. Education is a start. Changing the food they serve to kids at schools would be another help. Its a long process to change peoples bad habits no doubt