Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115

Thread: Sirius thread weeks june 28-july 12 2010

  1. #81
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Selena777 View Post
    Hey, does anyone know what's happening today? I thought the "peaking at 1.00" thing was because of the market last week, but now SIRI's underperforming relative to the market. Is this the "new normal", at least for the next few months? The volume is pretty low - is the price change due to shorting?



    So do people need to stop visiting this thread and construct another, topical one... maybe call it "the srs business weekly"? *headdesk*



    Because "taking the high road" is for pansies.

    Havakasha, what hell hath ye wrought? FTLOG, It's like opening the newspaper up and having to flip through pages full of /b/.

    No, first of all you dumb hosebag you get it correct in the first place and if you want to tell someone to stop doing something then you tell the one that started what you dont want to happen.

    If that comment above did not just show you how stupid you are then maybe I can by making an example of your last comment.

    Hey Selena777, what is this???? I thought this was the SIRIXM thread. Why are you posting stuff that has nothing to do with this thread.


    As for the making of other threads of like you speak, THEY ALREADY EXIST. Then again with your kind of, ATTENTION TO DETAIL you have missed all the other threads here at Sirius Buzz.


    P.S. I dont expect you to respond to this post because I know you will take your own advise and "take the high road". So I am glad your dumb twit hole will be shut on this from here on out.
    Last edited by john; 07-12-2010 at 04:43 PM.

  2. #82
    Boomer is offline
    Member
    Boomer's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2009 Location: PA Posts: 63
    I keep coming to this thread for info about SXM and I keep getting disappointed with all the nonsense expoused here that has nothing to do with the stock metrics or pps action. I know there are individuals here that have much to offer. I have seen their info on threads on other sites. John for example has made great calls on certain metrics that others have missed.

    I came back to SIRIUS BUZZ when Spencer started writing articles again. His expertise and dd by far surpasses that of other blog writers, but the stock discussions on this thread has been very disappointing to me personally. I can't help but think all the snipping at each other is driving potential readers away...there has to be other threads for that purpose? I know I have left and come back hoping for stock discussion only to be disappointed. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion and I will not talk about this again...just sayin

  3. #83
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    No, first of all you dumb hosebag you get it correct in the first place and if you want to tell someone to stop doing something then you tell the one that started what you dont want to happen.

    If that comment above did not just show you how stupid you are then maybe I can by making an example of your last comment.

    Hey Selena777, what is this???? I thought this was the SIRIXM thread. Why are you posting stuff that has nothing to do with this thread.


    As for the making of other threads of like you speak, THEY ALREADY EXIST. Then again with your kind of, ATTENTION TO DETAIL you have missed all the other threads here at Sirius Buzz.


    P.S. I dont expect you to respond to this post because I know you will take your own advise and "take the high road". So I am glad your dumb twit hole will be shut on this from here on out.
    I wrote about it in the Politics thread John. Enough nastiness and misinformation HERE. In 19 midterm elections held since 1934 only twice has the Presidents party gained seats in both Senate and House and you too can learn about it in the POLITICS thread John. LOL.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 07-12-2010 at 06:29 PM.

  4. #84
    SiriMonkey is offline
    Guys, Regardless of who started what, where, when and how, doesn't matter.
    What does matter is we discuss topics in the thread specifically set
    up for the subject.
    I didn't think I needed to point this out.
    Now, let's all play nice, or as nice as possible, and take all discussions
    to the appropriate thread.

    Julie

  5. #85
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Guys, Regardless of who started what, where, when and how, doesn't matter.
    What does matter is we discuss topics in the thread specifically set
    up for the subject.
    I didn't think I needed to point this out.
    Now, let's all play nice, or as nice as possible, and take all discussions
    to the appropriate thread.

    Julie
    Thanks Julie!

  6. #86
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Selena777 View Post
    Additionally, I thought the Russell addition was supposed to stablize the price point of the stock...
    Hi Selena,

    I think we've found our trading range in SIRI for awhile. There is a ton of money to be made on this badboy, but, you've got to trade it to profit right now.

    I hold a large core position that has done pretty darn well this year. But, I also trade 10,000 shares at a time and that's where the pocket change can be made right now.

    Each time that we hit the 1.05 mark, I say sell. If you wait for a week or two, chances are that you can get back in at 95 cents or so. These are just rough numbers, but you should be able to get the point.

    If you're long, just hold on and don't pay attention to the daily price. I feel that we'll see 1.30 later this year and that should make any long happy. But, in the meantime, there is some money to be made trading back and forth until we get there.

    Good luck to you and welcome aboard!
    Chuck

  7. #87
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    Wow - go back to work and miss all the drama!!

    What will today bring?

  8. #88
    Boomer is offline
    Member
    Boomer's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2009 Location: PA Posts: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Hi Selena,

    I think we've found our trading range in SIRI for awhile. There is a ton of money to be made on this badboy, but, you've got to trade it to profit right now.

    I hold a large core position that has done pretty darn well this year. But, I also trade 10,000 shares at a time and that's where the pocket change can be made right now.

    Each time that we hit the 1.05 mark, I say sell. If you wait for a week or two, chances are that you can get back in at 95 cents or so. These are just rough numbers, but you should be able to get the point.

    If you're long, just hold on and don't pay attention to the daily price. I feel that we'll see 1.30 later this year and that should make any long happy. But, in the meantime, there is some money to be made trading back and forth until we get there.

    Good luck to you and welcome aboard!
    Chuck
    Like your advice Candleman. I have been Long and Strong with my entire investment, but plan to start trading 10,000 share over core. There certainly has been a pattern over the last quarters with run ups going into each of the CC's with pull packs soon after the call. I do have a concern that this pattern has become well known and usually when something like that happens, the pattern changes. In addition, with Q2 potentially showing a "short term" loss due to one time charges and potential increase in SAC from large gain in subs this may mitigate any run-up to the CC. These potential negatives are short term and actually good news long term so maybe the real run this time will occur post CC. Regardless, should be interesting and everyone needs to continue with their own dd.

  9. #89
    airman is offline
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...DDLETopStories

    Not sure how this will affect siri in the long run. We shall see what the FCC come up with now. But it may give Howard a little bargaining initiative.

  10. #90
    Boomer is offline
    Member
    Boomer's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2009 Location: PA Posts: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...DDLETopStories

    Not sure how this will affect siri in the long run. We shall see what the FCC come up with now. But it may give Howard a little bargaining initiative.

    Airman, I don't see this affecting SXM much at all since they don't have to abide by FCC rules and Howard, impo, would never go back to terrestrial radio. With that said, he can always use this in his negotiations for a new contract ... just don't see having that much of an impact...but, what do I know?

    PS Would not be surprised to see the news media try to use this in a negative way that may have a temporary impact on the pps...fwiw
    Last edited by Boomer; 07-14-2010 at 02:27 PM.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •