Page 7 of 12 ... 56789 ...
    07-09-2010, 02:15 PM #61

Um, John...

what does that have to do with anything? I come here to hear about SIRI. If I wanted to hear Dem-bashing, I could go to any of the various online curmudgeon gatherings. Take it to the Political sub-forum.

07-09-2010, 02:23 PM #62
    would love to get Spencer's take on a recent article in Barrons reference to what control of 40% of Sirius by Liberty could mean for the PPS going forward... anybody know what a Reverse Morris Trust is and what effect would that have for current stockholders?

Liberty Capital: Citi Upgrades; Sees Eventual Higher SIRI Stake
    Chips: Oppenheimer Downgrades Slew Of Stocks; Stays BearishGoogle: See A Pattern Here? RBC Cuts Target, But Stays Bullish

By Eric Savitz

Liberty Capital (LCAPA) shares are getting a boost today from Citigroup analyst Jason Bazinet, who this morning raised his rating on the company to Buy from Hold, with a new target of $54, up from $46. The analyst says the higher rating and target reflect an updated sum-of-the-parts analysis of the company.

Actually, Bazinet spends much of his note assessing what the company is likely to do with its 40% stake in Sirius XM (SIRI). He notes that the current position increases the complexity of the company but does not allow it to tap into the substantial Sirius net operating loss carryforwards.

Bazinet notes that three factors limits the company’s choices. For starters, the company has agreed to a 50% ownership limitation through March 2011. Meanwhile, tax rules limit the use of the Sirius NOLs through March 2012. And finally, he notes that Liberty would have to boost its stake in Sirius to 80% ownership within 6 months of reaching 50% in order to use the NOLs.

He sees three scenarios for what could happen here:

Liberty could tender for 100% of Sirius between March 2011 and March 2012.
    Liberty could double its stake to 80% after March 2012.
    Liberty could spin its Sirius stake and then merge with Sirius via a maneuver called a Reverse Morris Trust after March 2012.
    He thinks a 100% tender is “very unlikely.” He thinks moving the stake to 80% after March 2012 is most likely if Sirius’ equity value remains subdued; he thinks a spin-and-merger after March 2012 is most likely if there is significant appreciation of Sirius shares.

LCAPA today is up 94 cents, or 2.1%, to $45.04. SIRI is unchanged at $1.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...d=yahoobarrons

Guru
    07-09-2010, 04:14 PM #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Selena777 View Post
    what does that have to do with anything? I come here to hear about SIRI. If I wanted to hear Dem-bashing, I could go to any of the various online curmudgeon gatherings. Take it to the Political sub-forum.
    You go girl! Very first post!

Mentor
    07-09-2010, 07:04 PM #64
    John

I know...he started it...but Selena777 is correct...move it to the political thread...there you can kick his ass all you want!

And yes...I would enjoy it immensly...and yes suck ass was pretty funny!

JS

07-09-2010, 08:21 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    Hello friends,
    Greeting to all! I haven't been here in a while.. Been traveling back and forth from Atlanta to Chicago... getting my mother set up in a long-term care facility. Very exhausting and time consuming. It's almost hotter in Chi-town than it is down here in the south!

Very optimistic on SIRI and agree that it's no longer a speculative play. Even though economic data is currently sad, I do believe that we are at the bottom of the cycle and that the economy will improve over the long-term, although it will be a very long, slow and protracted "recovery". IMHO only..

I believe the subscriber base will continue to increase, and that the stock price will rise accordingly. Patience is a great virtue with this investment. Looking forward o the next year!

Welcome back Proact!

Missed seeing your posts. It had to be mentally and physically
    exhausting going back and forth. But I'm sure because of all your
    hard work you were able to find a comfortable place for your mom.

Here in Michigan the heat has been horrid. High 90's with extreme
    humidity. My customers look like they're in pain. Almost makes me sorta
    kinda look forward to winter. Not really.

Julie

Enthusiast
    07-11-2010, 02:01 PM #66
    I would rather not write about this, but it appears I am being accused of using Brandon as research and following his articles with my own based on what he writes. He is also accusing me of using analystb reports for my research.

"Look at siriusbuzz for example. I put out an article on sac, he spits one out on the same subject after reading mine. Playground…Demian’s latest is a rip off of Erik Savitz. All of them learned about the Russell from me, and all claimed credit for making their readers aware of it. They write articles that are nothing more than comments on my articles. They are incapable of an original thought and rely on analysts to provide their content. What happens when the analysts turn negative on siri? I do the work. I do the research. Everyone else benefits."

1. I date and time-stamp every article I publish. I wrote about higher line item cost for SAC and that it would impact EBITDA at 3:30 PM on July 7, 2010 (http://siriusbuzz.com/a-deeper-look-...q2-metrics.php). On July 8th I wrote about SAC costs again (http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xm-and-manipulation.php). Brandon wrote about SAC on July 9th. This begs the question. How did I read his article to do my research before writing my own? The answer is that I do not rely on Brandon for my research. I do my own.

2. The Russell was well known to everyone. We all remember the day they were removed and why. Brandon brought up the Russell when the stock was still well below $1.00. The company needed to get above $1.00 to get back on the Russell. I began writing about it after SIRI regained compliance. Everyone wrote about it. Typically I do not go that far in advance just to take credit for something everyone will know about later on. If someone writes about the NFL contract, or the FCC opening for comments on price increases this fall will you see me saying "I told everyone first"? No. These are news items that will come up soon, but everyone that follows the sector should be aware.

3. Brandon states that I am incapable of an original thought. I beg to differ. When no other site was following the auto channel closely, it was me that did it. I am the one that broke the auto channel down into the categories of the types of subs they deliver. I do not rely on analysts for my research. I do look at their models and report the analysts opinion. I do tell readers where I agree and disagree with the analysts. I read what all of the sites out there have to say, but do not base my articles on what other sites say. Sometimes I write about a subject to offer more clarity in a response to several people asking questions or wanting clarification. My style is to get out the news of something un-jaded, then write a more in depth piece regarding the subject based on my own research.

4. This site is proud to be free for readers, and to not ask for donations for the work we do. Doing a site does take a lot of hours. I am in the middle of a divorce myself that has drained my finances. I was laid off in March and am in school taking classes. Money is tight.... very tight. You do not see me asking for donations for the hours I put into this. The ads on any satellite radio site cover the costs, and allow for a very modest profit. If I did not enjoy doing this, I wouldn't. Each month I look at what comes in the door and compare it to the hours spent researching and writing and scratch my head wondering about how little I actually make from this. If I broke it down, it is probably less than 10 cents an hour.

I respect the work anyone does on any site. I know it takes hours. I know it takes dedication. Everyone of these sites are covering the same thing, and will publish articles about the same thing. I try to do my best to do that in a timely manner and without drama. I have been libeled, slandered, have had people try to extort me, and have for the most part not brought that to this site. I have pulled out of certain services on principle because they have rules and quality standards that are being broken by others. I believe in those rules and believe that I am on a higher road for following them.

The fact of the matter is that a satellite radio site can not provide a full time income even with sponsors. If it did, there would be many more people doing it. Sites like these are not done for profit. If it was all about money I would put up a donation button and bring it up frequently in the forums and articles, or switch to a pure subscription model. The problem I have with donations is that there is no accountability for them. I pay taxes on what I make at SiriusBuzz, and in fact, my donations to charity outpace any income I make from the site by a healthy margin, even with money being as tight as it is. At SiriusBuzz the content is the same price for all....FREE. A donation based site is unfair to readers in several respects. One reader sends $200.00, and another $20, but no one know who gave or how much was given. People donate out of peer pressure and fear for being seen as a non-supporter. The only way to get a certain tag is to donate. It "divides the classes" and creates a micro class warfare on a site. IMO either do this because you like to do it, do it as a fair and equitable subscription site, or don't do it at all. The fact of the matter is that satellite radio sites do not provide a full time income. That is why most with such sites either have work or are active in trying to find work.

I do my own research. I use my own tag lines. I come up with my own material. I do not play on peoples fears. Earlier this month I had a legal issue surrounding this site. I couldn't write for 5 days. Did I tell you the reader about it? No. Was there a danger that the site would have been closed? Yes. I dealt with the issue so that I could write again. The issue is still in negotiations, and there could well be substantial costs involved. I am dealing with it, not asking you the reader to deal with it. Life is tough, but I handle my own stuff. I do not come here asking you readers to deal with my issues or make me a living.

Hopefully I will not have to write about this again.

07-11-2010, 02:57 PM #67
    Spencer

When I became an investor of SIRI I set out to find a site that would provide information about the stock that I might miss. I visited a few and came to know Brandon's writing as a result. It was not impressive. I have since read other views on his comments and many are not favorable. There have also been instances where he has denigrated others apparently to show how smart he is. That is only done by those who know they are not smart.

Your analysis of SIRI's continually changing status has always been one of the most valuable I read. I do not think Brandon measures up to half of your significant contribution. I had planned to send a note of appreciation to you privately but your post prodded me to do it this way.

I am also sorry to hear of your personal and the site's problems. I trust they will work out to your eventual satisfaction and soon.

Ignore him. Anyone who knows your work would never side with him or others like him.

Thanks for what you do.
    Last edited by Atypical; 07-11-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Mentor
    07-11-2010, 07:10 PM #68
    Spencer

In my humble opinion...you did not even need to address it. We all know that you due your own DD and write your articles accordingly. In fact...please do not even discuss him here...This site...out of the 4 has seemed to stay above all of the BS over the last 6 months...and it is very much appreciated!

Thanks for all that you do for us SiriusXM investors!

JS

07-11-2010, 11:30 PM #69
    Spencer,

Please do not feel you must defend yourself against someone who
    has proven himself to be untrustworthy.

When I first happened upon this site over a year ago it was in the midst
    of a parting of the ways between Brandon, Charles and yourself. Since
    he left he has continued to cause havoc, whether it is on his own site
    or with others. Obviously it is yet another one of his pathetic attempts
    to discredit you. Fortunately, myself and others can see
    exactly what he is attempting to do. The ones who don't realize what's
    going on will continue to be blinded by his BS.

You have proven to be trustworthy and honest Spence. And bottom
    line, that is all that counts.

Thank you for all that you do to make SIRIUS BUZZ the great place
    it is.

Julie

I hope to continue this thread into the new week so this doesn't get
    buried.
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 07-11-2010 at 11:37 PM.

07-12-2010, 12:00 AM #70
    Spencer, I am shocked that you would feel necessary to respond to any these accusations. Your professionalism and in depth due diligence is second to none when it comes to Sirius XM. Just ignore these kinds of comments...they do not deserve your time and attention. In fact, when you respond, you are, in fact, falling into their trap. They want to create controversy that draws attention and curiosity to their site. You are better then that and need to stand apart from that kind of nonsense. Anyway, jmpo

Page 7 of 12 ... 56789 ...