Page 1 of 12 12311 ...
    06-28-2010, 07:18 AM #1

Sirius thread weeks june 28-july 12 2010

Good Morning Guys,

Summer is here. The heat and humidity have been unbearable at times.
    The fights over the thermostat at work aren't pretty. Several of us like
    to be able to see our breath, the other wimps start shivering when the
    temp inside dips below 60. Really, wearing sweaters and gloves
    inside, how silly is that.

Be sure to tune in to Sirius Buzz radio, Tuesday night at 9:00pm.

Have a good week

Julie

06-28-2010, 09:11 AM #2
    This is for you Airman. Say want you want about siri and the run up. I hit every move from .06 to .11 from .9-.14 and so on and so forth all the way up to the seventies and then I hit some more from that point. I committed 5k at the bottom and recovered my 17k then pushed that position to 23k. I then got off the elevator around the dollar mark. I then deemed this stock dead money...long time ago...I sold some shares around a 1.15. What has happened since I got off the ride...not much..hence dead money. The only thing I missed being hooked to the shorts were the huge retracements siri went through. Siri fell down to .86 or .82 on flash crash day. I missed that entry point because I had no dry powder, I would have cashed it all above the dollar mark. So when it comes to siri I feel I squeezed as much CASH out of this PIG as possible. Sitting at your computer screen and being pumped about your unrealized gains in siri is foolish. Bulls make money, Bears make big money and PIGs get slaughtered. This goes for everyone on here...your holding a lottery ticket, nothing more. With Stern undecided your taking a huge risk not cashing a significant portion of your position. If Stern does not resign you could lose 30-40 percent of your unrealized gains in premarket. I know your up "big" but that is no excuse not to cash something significant. Especially if your gains are long term, over a year. The upside could be 10-20percent from here, thats 10-20 cents. If the stock goes to a 1.25 it would be hitting the 52 week high, which is not a big deal if you would have cashed some the first time the stock ran to this point.

Side note...this week is loaded with very important numbers..on Friday the jobs report is out and it is expected to show a loss of 125k, which is the census workers being let go. Lots of speed bumps for the market this week. I would be shocked if the markets are green after the numbers come out this week. Protect your stack. Good luck.

DD..one of the first to predict a double dip depression..screw the recession thats in the bag. DDD

Faz a screaming buy at 14 ish. FXP same at 37.
    Don't want to get heckled for not talking about siri on the dead money site...its down 4 percent premarket....thank god we got added to the Russel..lol.

Changing your name to Spencer Osborne is quite fitting. LOL I would expect posts like yours from Spencer.

06-28-2010, 09:49 AM #3
    Here is the play...scoop FAZ 14.75 and hold it until the jobs report comes out Friday and if it is weak, sell .75 percent of your position into the close, into (hopefully) strength. If I am wrong, cash out after the report and you will have lost almost nothing. Small wager to hit a triple inverse short on lousy jobs report. I am down 13 percent on FXP and I might cannibalize some stock just to grab FAZ. Its on an up swing and the shorts have control this week, IMVHO.

Good luck,

the shekels are their for the taking.

DDD

FAZ is crusing through 15.07 right now...sorry I can't type faster.

Enthusiast
    06-28-2010, 10:41 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    This is for you Airman. Say want you want about siri and the run up..
    Apparently you mis-understood anything I have ever said. My point is that YOU should not put down others for their positions and strategies. People have different goals, different risk tolerences, Other positions... Different lives, Some people can sit and trade 24/7, some are too busy to trade the dips and troughs, therefore use different trading strategies!!! You seem to want to be a braggert and say yours are the only way to go. Good for you ... I am glad you are doing well. Others are doing well with other trading strategies too. My REAL point is stop being a jerk and putting down others... THAT IS ALL.

In the end i believe that SIRI is going to move up to at least $1.40 this year at some point.(I would add it is also a risky stock ... my personal speculative stock) That is my opinion .. It may bounce along to get there ... maybe you will make a ton more catching every ebb and flow ... good for you. I don't want to nor have the time or skill to time every move. Nor would I want to try. Do as you may just don't put others down for not "being like ben"

There is a difference between offering an opinion and being a belligerent braggert.
    Last edited by airman; 06-28-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Enthusiast
    06-28-2010, 11:34 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good Morning Guys,

Summer is here. The heat and humidity have been unbearable at times.
    The fights over the thermostat at work aren't pretty. Several of us like
    to be able to see our breath, the other wimps start shivering when the
    temp inside dips below 60. Really, wearing sweaters and gloves
    inside, how silly is that.

Be sure to tune in to Sirius Buzz radio, Tuesday night at 9:00pm.

Have a good week

Julie
    Down here in the deep south it is blistering. This weekend I went for a $100 hamburger and when I got up to about 6k feet it was still in the 80's
    . damn hot. Summer is surely here!

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    06-28-2010, 11:52 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Apparently you mis-understood anything I have ever said. My point is that YOU should not put down others for their positions and strategies. People have different goals, different risk tolerences, Other positions... Different lives, Some people can sit and trade 24/7, some are too busy to trade the dips and troughs, therefore use different trading strategies!!! You seem to want to be a braggert and say yours are the only way to go. Good for you ... I am glad you are doing well. Others are doing well with other trading strategies too. My REAL point is stop being a jerk and putting down others... THAT IS ALL.

In the end i believe that SIRI is going to move up to at least $1.40 this year at some point.(I would add it is also a risky stock ... my personal speculative stock) That is my opinion .. It may bounce along to get there ... maybe you will make a ton more catching every ebb and flow ... good for you. I don't want to nor have the time or skill to time every move. Nor would I want to try. Do as you may just don't put others down for not "being like ben"

There is a difference between offering an opinion and being a belligerent braggert.
    Excellent post Airman!

SIRI is holding it's own very well these days. the fact that it has run back to a dollar and is holding in that area is very good for long term investors. 6 months ago, SIRI was a very speculative stock. I think that the numbers are looking strong enough to almost take it out of the speculation area. Now, we can just call it plain old stock. Your buck forty this year is probably a pretty good estimate. Car sales are strong. There are a lot of used cars that have Sirius in them that can be subscribed to at anytime. So, there is still room for subscriber growth. Yep, SIRI is still a darn good long term investment!

06-28-2010, 01:12 PM #7
    Down here in the deep south it is blistering. This weekend I went for a $100 hamburger and when I got up to about 6k feet it was still in the 80's
    . damn hot. Summer is surely here!
    Where did you go for a $100 hamburger Airman?
    Did that include fries?

Julie

Enthusiast
    06-28-2010, 01:34 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Where did you go for a $100 hamburger Airman?
    Did that include fries?

Julie

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KFQD 57 Alpha cafe.
    And yes fries are included. Cheese extra!

Truth be told. Now that Av gas prices are higher it was more like a $168 dollar hamburger

06-28-2010, 04:10 PM #9

You nailed it........except I don't believe SIRI is speculative any more.....if it is you should see my other penny stocks......OMG!!

Keep talking AIRMAN.....

Addict
    06-28-2010, 07:52 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    This is for you Airman. Say want you want about siri and the run up. I hit every move from .06 to .11 from .9-.14 and so on and so forth all the way up to the seventies and then I hit some more from that point. I committed 5k at the bottom and recovered my 17k then pushed that position to 23k. I then got off the elevator around the dollar mark. I then deemed this stock dead money...long time ago...I sold some shares around a 1.15. What has happened since I got off the ride...not much..hence dead money. The only thing I missed being hooked to the shorts were the huge retracements siri went through. Siri fell down to .86 or .82 on flash crash day. I missed that entry point because I had no dry powder, I would have cashed it all above the dollar mark. So when it comes to siri I feel I squeezed as much CASH out of this PIG as possible. Sitting at your computer screen and being pumped about your unrealized gains in siri is foolish. Bulls make money, Bears make big money and PIGs get slaughtered. This goes for everyone on here...your holding a lottery ticket, nothing more. With Stern undecided your taking a huge risk not cashing a significant portion of your position. If Stern does not resign you could lose 30-40 percent of your unrealized gains in premarket. I know your up "big" but that is no excuse not to cash something significant. Especially if your gains are long term, over a year. The upside could be 10-20percent from here, thats 10-20 cents. If the stock goes to a 1.25 it would be hitting the 52 week high, which is not a big deal if you would have cashed some the first time the stock ran to this point.

Side note...this week is loaded with very important numbers..on Friday the jobs report is out and it is expected to show a loss of 125k, which is the census workers being let go. Lots of speed bumps for the market this week. I would be shocked if the markets are green after the numbers come out this week. Protect your stack. Good luck.

DD..one of the first to predict a double dip depression..screw the recession thats in the bag. DDD

Faz a screaming buy at 14 ish. FXP same at 37.
    Don't want to get heckled for not talking about siri on the dead money site...its down 4 percent premarket....thank god we got added to the Russel..lol.

Changing your name to Spencer Osborne is quite fitting. LOL I would expect posts like yours from Spencer.
    So what, now you have dry powder and you are looking for an ebtry point much lower. Wouldn't that be nice for you.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ...