Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    06-24-2010, 02:42 PM #1

Bush Administration Reversed Clinton Administration Requirement on Deepwater Drilling

I am not surprised in the least, but its good to have information that helps us to develop an understanding of some of the reasons behind the Oil spill.

OOPS! Posted the wrong article. Sorry!
    Here is the correct one.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/6...epwater-spills
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-25-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Guru
    06-25-2010, 10:11 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I am not surprised in the least, but its good to have information that helps us to develop an understanding of some of the reasons behind the Oil spill.

http://jed-lewison.dailykos.com/
    Those republicans are just aweful. Why can't we all just be democrats?

Legend
    06-25-2010, 10:59 AM #3
    Well facts are facts, as painful as they are to your sensitive ears.

I caught you S&L. You didnt even read the article since i just discovered i posted the wrong article (Palin comparing Obama to Hitler) by mistake. Read this article and respond to the FACTS!.

Last edited by Havakasha; 06-25-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Guru
    06-25-2010, 12:46 PM #4
    Well facts are facts, as painful as they are to your sensitive ears.

I caught you S&L. You didnt even read the article since i just discovered i posted the wrong article (Palin comparing Obama to Hitler) by mistake. Read this article and respond to the FACTS!.

Well, I suppose congratulatons are in order LOL. Nope, I didn't read it. I'm ABOVE assigning blame to the opposition party, and simply not interested. Like I've said so many times before, you can look back all you want. We have problems in front of us. I know you know that, but wanted to give you a friendly reminder.

I had a link for you yesterday, but didn't get to post it. Inmates were sent checks by the federal government. Give me a moment.

Here it is.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...-inmates_N.htm

And you want these guys to be responsible for stimulating the economy? Dear Lord Havakasha! You have too much faith, and in the meantime, OUR money is getting pissed away 100 ways to sundown by our, repeat OUR government.

Now I'm all wound up.

Legend
    06-25-2010, 01:04 PM #5
    I know govt can be ineffecient, corrupt and wasteful, but lets not ignore what just happened with Wall st. because of a lack of govt regulation and oversight, and a mindset that corporations can do no wrong. i hope you are angry also at all the banks and other companies that have cost us many billions of dollars and caused the worlds financial markets to implode.

You can always find examples of govt incompetence. I would have to say however that with all the money that has been spent on the stimulus package,
    it has been REMARKABLY free of taint of corruption and waste. Sometimes you have to look on the bright side of things S&L.

P.S. I know you understand you have to look back in order to understand why we are in this
    mess today.
    Right? .
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-25-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Guru
    06-25-2010, 01:13 PM #6
    I know govt can be ineffecient, corrupt and wasteful, but lets not ignore what just happened with Wall st. because of a lack of govt regulation and oversight, and a mindset that corporations can do no wrong. i hope you are angry also at all the banks and other companies that have cost us many billions of dollars and caused the worlds financial markets to implode.

You can always find examples of govt incompetence. I would have to say however that with all the money that has been spent on the stimulus package,
    it has been REMARKABLY free of taint of corruption and waste. Sometimes you have to look on the bright side of things S&L.
    The bright side of an over reaching government?? Revolution is the bright side LOL.

The financial markets imploded because the visible hand of the federal government wanted all Americans to have a house - even if they couldn't afford it. C'mon now. It is really just that simple. Had our government figured out a way to sustain the housing bubble they created, NOTHING would have happened.

And I wouldn't just yet claim "REMARKABLY free of taint of corruption and waste". Remember Beverly Hills getting like $1MM to fill potholes?? Doesn't sound right to me.

Legend
    06-25-2010, 01:40 PM #7
    Sorry, but its not really just that simple. But im glad your satisfied with a sound bite version of history. The housing bubble was helped along by govt, and private business. You should never forget Repubican Alan Greenspan and the Republicans in general who argued there was no bubble forming, who said that cutting taxes for the rich would not add to our deficits. How wrong they were.
    Anyone who doesnt think there is a lot of inefficiency, corruption, and waste
    in the free market system is living in a fantasy land. Lobbyists and big business have a tremendous amount of control over our govt and our lives. It would be nice if you at least understood that.

Looks like you got some slim pickings on the waste of the stimulus bill. Of course there will always be some but so far its been remarkably free of taint. And lord knows Fox news would be on that like a hound dog in heat.

P.S. I am all for the revolution that takes power away from the corrupt system of lobbyists sent by huge coporations which pretty much influence legislation. Thank god there is some fight back today under Obama as opposed to giving away the store under Bush/Cheney. You do remember those guys or is that too long ago for you?
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-25-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Legend
    06-25-2010, 01:50 PM #8
    How about we get back to the topic of this thread which is the Bush administration reversing Clinton administration on deepwater drilling?

Guru
    06-25-2010, 02:06 PM #9
    "Lobbyists and big business have a tremendous amount of control over our govt and our lives. It would be nice if you at least understood that."

Of course you're talking about the big businesses that employ us and the ones we invest in, correct? The same ones that made America the greatest nation on earth. Damn big businesses; they're just like capital gains, just aweful.

Yes, big businesses have lobbyists to represent their interests in our government. So what? The mighty government knows right from wrong, correct? They aren't swayed by these evil individuals???

It sounds to me like you simply don't like capitalism or free enterprise? What system do you like?

Next week should be interesting. We are having corporate wide meetings and one of the topics is how health care reform will effect you. As I already noted, my beloved FSA will be taken away from me (I'm clearly too dumb to manage my own FSA). Are you familiar with Flexible Spending for medical expenses??

Legend
    06-25-2010, 04:23 PM #10
    I am talking about the Corporations that lobby Congress and control legislation so that derivatives are traded in ways that bring down the worlds financial system. I am also talking about the pharmaceutical companies that lobby Congress and have helped to create the costliest health care system in the developed world. I am also talking about the Oil companies and auto companies which have fought changes in our energy plans so as to cost the consumer and this country both in years wasted and money lost. And on and on and on. I have no problems with big companies making profits, employing people and being the engines of growth in this country. I have a HUGE problem when they have inordinate power to control legislation which in the long run damages our economy and hurts the middle class and consumers in general.
    Lets rein in the ABUSES. The pendulum swung too far in one direction under Bush/Cheney and its got to come back.

I like free enterprise. (My grandfather started one of the most successful restaurants in NY)
    I dont like it when its no longer truly free enterprise .
    You dont seem to get the fact that MONEY HAS CORRUPTED THE SYSTEM.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-25-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12