06-21-2010, 10:18 AM #1

Jeep Sirius Problem

Hi All.
    I have a 2008 Jeep Commander and suddenly the factory installed satellie radio not longer works. I re-newed the subscription and all back in April. The radio does NOT tune to channel 184. In fact, in the SAT mode, it wont do anything except the display reads "If You Want to Subscribe, please call...". I tried to do the PING over the internet and it came back with "Error in re-sending activation." Any suggestions? I'm gonna call the dealer next but I thought I'd check this forum first. Any help would be appreciated.

Head Honcho
    06-21-2010, 11:26 AM #2
    Sounds like there is a mix up on Sirius XM's end. Either they have the wrong radio info or the renewal did not go through on their system.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-21-2010, 11:38 AM #3
    Thanks, Charles...
    The confusing thing is that everything was fine until like 2 weeks ago. The re-newal was in April! I even logged into the sirius.com website and all the info was correct including the correct EIN. So, I'm really at a loss... Should I try un-hooking the battery cables or something? Is there a way to "re-set" the radio? It has the Jeep radio code REQ. Please help!

Head Honcho
    06-21-2010, 12:56 PM #4
    It sounds like you know all the usual suspects and have done your homework. If I were you, I would be forced to go to the dealership. The only other thing I would check is the owners manual to see if "If You Want to Subscribe, please call..." was an error code for something other than exactly what it says (it just might be).

Resetting the system by unhooking the battery couldn't hurt (other than having to reset all of your presets).

Make sure you come back and post the solution once you figure it out!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-28-2010, 04:55 PM #5
    Well, just got my Sirius working again. I had a service call at Jeep for regular maint. and I told them about the radio. According to their tech, when channel updates are available - some factory installed radios cant handle it. So, you have to call Sirius and hope you get a competent person on the other line. I lucked out and got a person who understood what was going on. They sent a "special" signal to update and in seconds...presto!
    Last edited by salvie; 06-29-2010 at 08:49 AM.