Legend
    06-17-2010, 09:58 AM #1

Research

Hey Candleman I promised to do my research.LOL
    You know how i caught John trying to squirm his way out of the Beck lie about any no other mainstream media but Fox showing the Israeli flotilla videos right? Stewart clearly shows that EVERY mainstream media showed Israeli footage of the attack on their men boarding the flotilla. Well, I think i figured out that he and Beck were mostly trying to suggest that the mainstream media was biased against Israel. So i was curious what the Gaza activists thought and what is really interesting is that they are furious at the American mainstream media because they thought they showed BIAS TOWARD ISRAELI. So how do we square this?

Here are a few examples of what the gaza activists reported on US mainstream media bias toward Israel.

"ON JUNE 1, CNN HIGHLIGHTED ISRAELI'S SIDE OF THE FLOTILLA ATTACK, AIRING ISRAELI VIDEO. IT ALSO AIRED THE UN DEPUTY AMBASSADOR SAYING THE PASSENGERS 'ARE NOT PEACE ACTIVISTS. THEY WERE NOT MESSENGERS OF GOODWILL". IT THEN REPORTED THE IDF SAYING THEIR TROOPS "WERE MET WITH PREMEDITATED VIOLENCE, EVIDENT BY THE ACTIVISTS USE OF CLUBS, METAL RODS , AND KNIVES, AS WELL A S THE FIRING OF TWO WEAPONS STOLEN FROM THE SOLDIERS.' ISRAELIS FORCES RESPONDED WITH DEFENSIVE ACTION (FEARING ) THEIR LIVES WERE ENDANGERED, ' AND SEVEN WERE WOUNDED.

"CNN AIRED ISRAELI VIDEO, NOT WHAT ACTIVISTS SHOT THAT SHOWED A TRUE VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED AND THEN REPORTED THE FOLLOWING:
    A SENIOR ISRAELI MILITARY OFFICIAL, SPEAKING ON CONDITION OF ANONYMITY IN AN ACOOUNT CLEARED BY MILITARY CENSORS, DISPLAYED A BOX CONTAINING SWITCHBLADE KNIVES, SLINGSHOTS WITH METAL BALLS AND BATS HE SAID HAD BEEN CONFISCATED FROM ONE OF THE BOATS. 'THIS WAS NOT SPONTANEOUS', HE SAID. 'THS WAS PLANNED'

Washington Post
    "The Israeli commandos who landed on the deck of the Turkish ferry Mavi Marmara off the coast of the gaza strip early Monday were totally unprepared for what they encoutered: dozens of militants who swarmed around them with knives and iron bars.... We have no sympathy for the motives of the participants in the flotilla-a motley collection that includes European sympathizers with the Palestinian cause, Israeli Arab leaders and Turkish Islamic activists... some with ties to Hamas and al-qaeda.

"In typical New York Times fashion, their editorial suggested that the activists provoked violence, and welcomed when it came.
    THE EDITORIAL ALSO TO REFERRED TO ISRAEL'S VIDEO SUGGESTING ITS FORCES WERE ATTACKED, and that Hamas "seized control of the Gaza Strip in 2007- not its legitimacy ...

Washington Post.
    "Upon touching down, the Israeli commandos, who were equipped with paint guns and pistols, were assaulted with steel poles, knives and pepper spray. VIDEO SHOWED AT LEAST ONE COMMANDO BEING LIFTED UP AND DUMPED FROM THE SHIP'S UPPER DECK TO THE LOWER DECK. SOME COMMANDOS LATER SAID THEY JUMPED IN THE WATER TO ESCAPE BEING BEATEN. THE ISRAELI MILITARY SAID SOME OF THE DEMONSTRATORS FIRED LIVE AMMUNITION. THE ISRAELI OFFICIALS SAID THE ACTIVISTS HAD FIRED TWO
    GUNS STOLEN FROM THE TROOPS."

These are just a few of the articles and video clips that the Gazan activists complained about with
    regard to the American mainstream media. They also pointed out how much fairer the British were in their reporting.

So Candleman my research has shown that Beck lied about the mainstream media not showing the Israeli flotilla videos and in so doing was caught lying by trying to suggest that the main media doesnt cover the Israeli point of view. Clearly from the above quotes one can easily see that isnt true. For gods sake the gaza activist are furious at the American mainstream media. So if Beck and John are upset with the mainstream media and the Gazan activists are upset at the mainstream media i would suggest they probably got it right in the middle. What do you think? Now John who is clearly enamored of Beck and finds it hard to ever admit that one of his heros is flawed has avoided ever admitting that Beck 1. mocked the 11 year daughter of the President in a vile way (within one week of telling Palin, that politicians children should be off limit). 2. that he lied when he pointed to the video playing on his screen and said the mainstream wont play "this". So clearly John is in serious denial about Beck and i rest my case.
    There is my report and i hope i have risen to the challenge and proved to you that my research meets your high standards of truth.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-18-2010 at 10:00 AM.