Legend
    06-13-2010, 02:44 PM #1

'Its BP's Well, So The Only Person To Blame is Barack Obama

LOL.

Thank god for John Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo....php?ref=fpblg

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    06-14-2010, 10:03 AM #2
    Only CRAZY people would blame any President for this tragedy.

This is OUR tragedy. We Americans are the ones that use more oil than anyone else on earth. It is our greed and desires for bottled water, cheap gas, big cars, warm houses, and plastic everything that caused this.

When we stop demanding so much oil, we can begin to stop tragedies like this from happening.

Havakasha, did you catch where JOHN guarantees that if partial term Former Governor Palin was President, no oil would ever have reached our coasts???? Now, that's CRAZY!

Legend
    06-14-2010, 10:52 AM #3
    Candelman, you have to be kidding? John actually said that Sara Palin has the superpower that would have allowed her to stop 40,000 barrels a day of leaking oil from reaching the shores of all our southern states? WOW! I think BP ought to hire her IMMEDIATELY. BP can now run a advertising campaign that promises that all future oil spills will never reach our shores and our environment can and will be safe from now on. This is such good news.

What an absolute dumbass twit.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-14-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Guru
    06-14-2010, 11:38 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Only CRAZY people would blame any President for this tragedy.

This is OUR tragedy. We Americans are the ones that use more oil than anyone else on earth. It is our greed and desires for bottled water, cheap gas, big cars, warm houses, and plastic everything that caused this.

When we stop demanding so much oil, we can begin to stop tragedies like this from happening.

Havakasha, did you catch where JOHN guarantees that if partial term Former Governor Palin was President, no oil would ever have reached our coasts???? Now, that's CRAZY!
    Hey, watch it there. I'm in the plastics industry. If there were no plastics, there would be no trees left. World wide packaging requirements would outpace supply.

Plastics do a lot of good things. Do you have a water softener? Lot's of folks do. The valve that runs the thing is plastic. Used to be brass and very expensive.

The problem with plastics is people polluting.

But I get your point. One thing that differentiate us from many others is that we have lots of space and we use it by driving around in cars. I met this one European guy once who told me as a kid, he couldn't believe that Americans drove to church lol. You should have seen the guys experession. He truly didn't believe it.

Legend
    06-14-2010, 04:36 PM #5
    Does anyone else have the sense that John hasnt watched this clip?