Legend
    06-09-2010, 06:25 PM #1

Bernake Says Dont Cut Spending Now

S&L goes head to head witb the Federal Reserve Chairman; a man who is an expert on the great depression of the 1930's. i think maybe you got your work cut out for you S&L. LOL.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_606232.html
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-09-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Legend
    06-09-2010, 07:20 PM #2
    This is the more interesting discussion.

Guru
    06-10-2010, 11:11 AM #3
    Ben Barnacle. He's a tool just like Greenspan. Yeah, sure, spend what you don't have. Great policy. Do you have kids Havakasha?

Legend
    06-10-2010, 12:29 PM #4
    Yes i have a wife and a kid and a cat and an apartment in the city and a house in the country. Why?
    If you notice Bernake said "dont cut spending NOW". if you read then you would understand he talks all the time about the need to cut the deficit long term.

Greenspan is the one who always backed up the Republicans on tax cuts for the rich etc. and denied that there was a housing bubble or stock bubble. He is partly responsible for the mess we are in today.
    Bernake, despite having made mistakes himself, at least has shown himself to be someone who is willing to admit mistakes unlike Greenspan.

Guru
    06-10-2010, 01:38 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Yes i have a wife and a kid and a cat and an apartment in the city and a house in the country. Why?
    If you notice Bernake said "dont cut spending NOW". if you read then you would understand he talks all the time about the need to cut the deficit long term.

Greenspan is the one who always backed up the Republicans on tax cuts for the rich etc. and denied that there was a housing bubble or stock bubble. He is partly responsible for the mess we are in today.
    Bernake, despite having made mistakes himself, at least has shown himself to be someone who is willing to admit mistakes unlike Greenspan.
    He talks out of both sides of his mouth "don't cut spending now" and "the debt is unsustainable". Don't you get it? He's political just like the rest of them (and an extension of Greenspan).

The rich pay the most income tax. Let's not get into that discussion again. We've already ascertained that 47% of all working American pay income tax and the other 53% don't. My god are you persistent. You know, you could probably do good for our society paying getting rich and paying more tax (that's what I'm trying to do lol).

Legend
    06-11-2010, 07:01 AM #6
    Now and in the future are different time frames and have some meaning, but i quess you dont think so.

Just curious. Do you think its fair when a billionaire's family pays NO estate tax?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_605349.html
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-11-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Guru
    06-11-2010, 09:03 AM #7
    Now and in the future are different time frames and have some meaning, but i quess you dont think so.

Just curious. Do you think its fair when a billionaire's family pays NO estate tax?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_605349.html
    He must have set up a good trust lol. It's just like you to focus on one guy instead of 53% of working Americans lol. It is as if you have contempt for those who acheive and make millions.

Legend
    06-11-2010, 01:46 PM #8
    Even Warren Buffett says the rich dont pay enough taxes and he includes himself.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/5...th-senate-dems

Guru
    06-11-2010, 02:21 PM #9
    Even Warren Buffett says the rich dont pay enough taxes and he includes himself.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/5...th-senate-dems
    Right, if only half are paying, then they need to pay double to make up - duh.

Legend
    06-12-2010, 12:38 PM #10
    I think what Buffett was trying to say was that he and the wealthy arent paying their fair share.
    He doesnt mind paying more but you dont want him to. LOL.