Page 3 of 4 1234
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    06-18-2010, 12:23 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    havent been on here for a while. ive been reading some your your posts and it looks like some of you are thinking like me. the signs are pointing to nothing but gloom copper down, gold very up, oil siezuring, debt spiraling out of controll. yet the markets were freakishly up this week i was very confident that i could buy vxx monday and swim in a pool of cash friday but instead im in the a corner licking my wounds. im still holding on to a few bear etfs such as oil and the tsx 60. ive even bought gold today (god help me) because it seems to be the ownly thing moving. I still think that oil is over bought along with everythingn else but i dont think i can hold on much longer unless the market falls quick i hope you guys are doing better than i am.
    Actually, I don't think it's as bad as you do.

I work in a tourism and vacation business. We are busier than we've been in 3 years. More people seem to be vacationing and spending lots of money. They are spending money, not credit card debt. We are seeing far more cash and debit card transactions than we've seen in a long time. Many of our tourists are coming from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, and West Viriginia. They all are reporting that things are going better for them now than they were last year.

Real Estate prices are rising here on the East Coast. And unemployment is going down.

SiriuslyLong reports that things are great in his plastics industry. The auto industry is looking up and so is SIRI stock.

My wife teaches at a private school and enrollment for this fall is way up.

Maybe you guys ought to try being a little more positive and upbeat about things.

Guru
    06-18-2010, 12:26 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    havent been on here for a while. ive been reading some your your posts and it looks like some of you are thinking like me. the signs are pointing to nothing but gloom copper down, gold very up, oil siezuring, debt spiraling out of controll. yet the markets were freakishly up this week i was very confident that i could buy vxx monday and swim in a pool of cash friday but instead im in the a corner licking my wounds. im still holding on to a few bear etfs such as oil and the tsx 60. ive even bought gold today (god help me) because it seems to be the ownly thing moving. I still think that oil is over bought along with everythingn else but i dont think i can hold on much longer unless the market falls quick i hope you guys are doing better than i am.
    I entered my short positions last Thursday I believe, and I too am in the corner licking my wounds. Don't listen to Big Ben. He's been piping the same $hit since March 2009 lol. Secondly, he thinks making $10 on a $7 trade is tearing it up. In as much as I like the guy, he's a little too extreme.

06-18-2010, 02:09 PM #23

im trying to be possitive...

well i think ben might be wrong about bp going to 0. but i cant ignore how beautiful the gold chart looks wich tells me get out of the market and fast. and about the car sales.... i believe the ownly reason car sales are going up is because it simply has to. their are more clunkers on the road then ever in history people are buying cars because they cant hold on to their rust pile anylonger. and jobs are going up as fast a snail climbing a tree. the new jobs are not sustainable and the numbers are being tweaked with temp jobs i would like to see something come out about salary per person i bet jobs are going up because people have given up on getting real jobs and are flipping burgers after a 2 year wild goose chase.

Mentor
    06-18-2010, 07:34 PM #24
    The DOW gained 5.2% over the last 2 weeks.

I like that kind of return. I think I'll keep my money in the market and I'll just keep betting that we do better as time goes on. It seems sort of unAmerican to keep betting against the rest of us by investing in those shorts. I've often found that by thinking positively....positive things happen!

Guru
    06-18-2010, 08:24 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    The DOW gained 5.2% over the last 2 weeks.

I like that kind of return. I think I'll keep my money in the market and I'll just keep betting that we do better as time goes on. It seems sort of unAmerican to keep betting against the rest of us by investing in those shorts. I've often found that by thinking positively....positive things happen!
    You are a good man Candleman!!

Guru
    07-13-2010, 02:56 PM #26
    As earnings begin to get folks bullish, let's not forget the wisdom of DD aka Big Ben.

FAZ is at 13.79 right now. Earlier in this thread it was a steal at $15 and change. Must be an uber steal now.

Mentor
    07-13-2010, 04:20 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    As earnings begin to get folks bullish, let's not forget the wisdom of DD aka Big Ben.

FAZ is at 13.79 right now. Earlier in this thread it was a steal at $15 and change. Must be an uber steal now.
    Yeah, we haven't heard much from Big Ben lately. He took a little beating and he's off licking his wounds someplace.

The market is looking good. We seem to have a solid base at 10,000 for the DOW.

It's a slow grind back and we'll have a new kind of economy when the recession is finally over. But, doom and gloom is behind us now as far as I can see.

Guru
    07-13-2010, 04:32 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Yeah, we haven't heard much from Big Ben lately. He took a little beating and he's off licking his wounds someplace.

The market is looking good. We seem to have a solid base at 10,000 for the DOW.

It's a slow grind back and we'll have a new kind of economy when the recession is finally over. But, doom and gloom is behind us now as far as I can see.
    Big Ben has it all wrong. The sky isn't falling... THE EARTH IS GETTING BIGGER!!!!!

I don't share your confidence that the doom and gloom is behind us. Fearmongering is a way of life in these times. We'll find something to fret over.

Guru
    07-27-2010, 10:06 AM #29
    C'mon Big Ben aka DD aka Dr. Doom - log in, man up, and tell me I was right. The earnings period has indeed overcome the gloom of real estate, Europe and the anti business administration of Obama (had to throw that one in there for my friend Lloyd).

All is well here in San Francisco, CA, but I'd rather be home with the kids (regardless of how much a pain in the a$$ the little one can be).

Guru
    08-12-2010, 01:14 PM #30
    Now that the earnings period is winding down, now might be the time to GET OUT OF YOUR LONG POSITIONS lol. The market will gradually decline until November when a new congress is elected. There will be little optimism until then.

Page 3 of 4 1234